Pujolsapalooza: Multiple Reports - 10 Year Contract with Angels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
    It's digging your feet in on the most inconsequential issue imaginable.
    I agree that it is.

So why is Pujols doing it?
    --------------------
    The Marlins aren't demanding he take no no trade clause. Pujols is demanding they give him one.
    Last edited by HUGG; 12-06-2011, 11:24 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by nacho marlin View Post
      I dont know about you guys but i hope he stays in STL. i like gaby too much and pujols isnt worth the money at his age. Rite now what i really want insted of albertico is burhle,wilson,and cespedes and i will be so much happier!
      You're crazy bruh. Not going to happen.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I see what you did there Hugg.

Comment

• It honestly pisses me off the more I think about it. They're offering him an insane contract and he (his agent) is bitching about a no trade clause. What a fucking dick.
          --------------------
          I at least get it with Buehrle because his contract would actually be movable.
          Last edited by HUGG; 12-06-2011, 11:28 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
            It honestly pisses me off the more I think about it. They're offering him an insane contract and he (his agent) is bitching about a no trade clause. What a fucking dick.
            --------------------
            These agents like "negotiating" over everything. I suppose they must live off the thrill of prying more and more concessions from the other side, even if their victories ultimately prove meaningless.

Comment

• It's just choosing your employer. I don't begrudge him that. If anything, insisting on a NTC is a compliment to the organization yet we treat it as an affront.

Comment

• Fair enough. He can go somewhere else then.

Our offer is more than great and I'm not gonna blame the Marlins if it doesn't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                  It's just choosing your employer. I don't begrudge him that. If anything, insisting on a NTC is a compliment to the organization yet we treat it as an affront.
                  No they don't. They treat it like a potentially bad business decision.

Comment

• They should offer him one four year term as county mayor in exchange for dropping the NTC demand. I think it would lock him into SoFla. This is also something the Marlins could do for a few hundred grand in kickbacks.

Comment

• I need to stop looking at a computer screen. When I clicked on this where it said "last post" I swore it said "Beer" and not Beef.

Comment

• it does say Beer

Comment

• Hugg, please send MH a tweet and tell him that I am now more serious than Festa.

Comment

• We're just getting out of control:

joecapMARLINS joe capozzi
                            If #Marlins miss out on Pujols, maybe they'll go after Tim Tebow #needsomesleep

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                              It honestly pisses me off the more I think about it. They're offering him an insane contract and he (his agent) is bitching about a no trade clause. What a fucking dick.
                              --------------------
                              He's the one being courted and has no connection to the Marlins. Why should he pull up short of getting the best possible value for him?
                              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                              - Daft

Comment

• Again, fair enough. He can go somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X