Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes!

JimBowdenESPNxm JIM BOWDEN
    Source: Pujols down to Marlins and Cardinals period.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• This would be like if I offered you $2 million dollars and you said no because you wanted $3 million even though no one else was offering that to you and then everyone got mad at me for offering it to you.

The Marlins have offered him more than anyone else. If he doesn't take it, this is simply not the Marlins fault. It'd be nice if they'd stop bidding against themselves.
      --------------------
      If he takes less money from St. Louis because we won't give him a NTC, that's his fault, not ours.

That's all I'm really trying to say.
      Last edited by HUGG; 12-06-2011, 11:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I don't see how you can say that and then also agree that if they money is close that he stays in StL.

I give the Marlins credit to have the balls to know where they need to go to get him to listen. I'd be upset if we go that far yet forgo something so inconsequential as a NTC.

Comment

• Where has anyone blamed the Marlins for anything? In fact, the most vocal of critics of the FO here have been doing nothing but praising them simply for giving it a strong effort. No, ...J... doesn't count, before he gets brought up.

We're also missing several things here: Pujols' reserve price, how close the offer is between the Marlins and Cardinals, and just how emotionally tied to St. Louis he is. What we do believe is that a NTC gets it done. Hard to argue with the logic to make a sacrifice, considering he will have one for half the contract anyway.
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

• I don't think we're ever going to agree on this, so we'll just see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
              Yes!
              If that's the case, I think we end up signing him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar View Post
                Where has anyone blamed the Marlins for anything? In fact, the most vocal of critics of the FO here have been doing nothing but praising them simply for giving it a strong effort. No, ...J... doesn't count, before he gets brought up.
                I think it's because Swift is starting to get upset about the possibility of losing him over not giving the no trade clause.

Comment

• @joecapMARLINS
                  I'm told no ultimatum from #Marlins to albert. Will b either fish or cards. Coming down to wire, possibly before sunrise.

Comment

• Take it to the golden panther thread.

Comment

• Best swift post ever.

Comment

• Damn Marlins and Pujols people up late, huh?! Maybe that's the reason for all that Pizza.

Comment

• It's 10:47 in Dallas.
                          Marlins said they wanted this to happen tonight.

It's gon' happen within the hour. Jack Bauer will save the day at the 11 PM hour, I promise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace 77 View Post
                            Damn Marlins and Pujols people up late, huh?! Maybe that's the reason for all that Pizza.
                            I hear they've finished the pizza and wings and are now moving on to David Samson.

Comment

• It's 11:47 in Dallas

Comment

• 10:46? isn't its 11:46? they are on central time

Comment

Working...
                                X