Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And throwing money at Pujols.

Comment

• I happen to think giving him the NTC is the short-sighted move. Honestly, signing him is the short-sighted move if you want to be technical about it.

Comment

• nickcafardo Nick Cafardo
        Cubs definitely not in on pujols
        MikeDiGiovanna Mike DiGiovanna
        Spoke to one prominent AL GM, whose response to #Angels' rumored pursuit of Pujols was: "No way.
        agent hype of a third team?

Comment

• I'd like to see them keep some semblance of their organizational philosophy. This isn't XBox.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
            Not saying spend 20 million on a lf. If you have the money you go get one of the pitchers and look for a solid LF either in trade market or free agency. Moving Lomo to 1b alone can add 2 wins to his value to the team.
            So he'll be less valuable than Gaby was last year.
            poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
              I'd like to see them keep some semblance of their organizational philosophy. This isn't XBox.
              PS3, better.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• You don't consistent just to stay consistent. There's nothing wrong with proper exceptions.
                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                  So he'll be less valuable than Gaby was last year.
                  No. If he doesn't improve offensively they'd be even. And he'll improve unlike Gaby.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar View Post
                    You don't consistent just to stay consistent. There's nothing wrong with proper exceptions.
                    We'll have to give one to Hanley Ramirez and Mike Stanton and Jose Reyes and Josh Johnson when their contracts come up.

And anyone who doesn't think their agent holds pat on that after we broke for Pujols is crazy.
                    --------------------
                    Well not Reyes, we won't re-sign him again.
                    Last edited by HUGG; 12-06-2011, 10:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

No. If he doesn't improve offensively they'd be even. And he'll improve unlike Gaby.
                      The 24 year old will most likely improve. I think it's willy to think the 28 year old definitely won't at all.

Also, Gaby's WAR last year was 2.9. Lomo's was .2. That's a pretty big gap to make up just defensively.

I'm fine with moving Gaby for the right deal. But you don't get rid of him for the sake of getting rid of him. I don't think we're likely to just find any LF who gives better value.
                      poop

Comment

• Perception on Gaby is skewed right now because he looked like a little league player for the 2nd half of the season.

Comment

• Quite candidly, no one of the players you mention is able to demand it. Stanton we're doing a favor extending, Hanley and JJ have a lot of "rehabbing" to do. If we get Pujols with a NTC and they all go bananas, odds are good we have a pennant and/or title, and I'd guess we'd be fine giving them a NTC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                            The 24 year old will most likely improve. I think it's willy to think the 28 year old definitely won't at all.

Also, Gaby's WAR last year was 2.9. Lomo's was .2. That's a pretty big gap to make up just defensively.

I'm fine with moving Gaby for the right deal. But you don't get rid of him for the sake of getting rid of him. I don't think we're likely to just find any LF who gives better value.
                            Lomo was 1.
                            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                              PS3, better.
                              only if Loria's bank account wants to get hacked through sony's servers

Comment

Lomo was 1.
                                I was going by Baseball-Reference.com
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X