No announcement yet.

2010 Season MLB Thread: September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Cantu trade finally paid a dividend.

Rangers in the postseason for the first time since 1999.

Rangers, Reds, Rays and possibly Padres in the playoffs. Who would have guessed!

Comment

The Rangers aren't really that big of a surprise, in my opinion.

Comment

I think the Rangers are a huge surprise in that they ran away with the division.

Comment

The rest of that division tops out at mediocre, though. They aren't really running away with it based on their own merit. They'd be tied for third in the AL East, and would be 6 back in the central.

How terrible that division has been is a bigger surprise than how the Rangers have played.
          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 09-26-2010, 09:23 AM.
          poop

Comment

So if Boston holds on to win this game, and then they win 2 more games before their next series with the Yankees (Yankees have 3 v.s. Blue Jays, Boston 4 v.s. CHW)...they could then sweep the yanks again during the final series and force a 1 game playoff.

BP has the odds of that happening at 1%.

Comment

And the Yankees won.

Comment

Amazing cover.

Comment

It's pretty

Comment

That a handsome jinx.
                    There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Rays wore hats with a plaid bill tonight. It was awesome.
                      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Too bad they can't draw dick.

Comment

Seth from Superbad can draw dick.

Also, Lincecum is not the Lincecum he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                            Too bad they can't draw dick.
                            Adjusted for population they're 7th in attendance. Not to mention the stadium is in a fucking awful location.
                            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Is this Tampa metro or just St. Pete?

And I agree wholeheartedly that long term attendance issues are because of the stadium. But the final week of the season, your team is in it and you draw 12K?

Atleast the Marlins drew in the mid 30s that final week.

Comment

"Baseball works in funny ways," Latos told CBSSports.com. "The only way I could honestly put it is, we could be like the Giants and go and change our whole lineup, put guys with 'San Francisco Giants' across their jerseys. We didn't.

"We added two guys (Miguel Tejada and Ryan Ludwick). We've been the same team all year. We haven't just gone and grabbed guys from other teams."

Among the Giants' midseason acquisitions are outfielders Pat Burrell, Jose Guillen and Cody Ross along with infielder Mike Fontenot, all of whom were acquired either via post-July 31 trades (Guillen and Fontentot), straight waiver claims (Ross) or in free agency (Burrell).

Ross wasn't too pleased with Latos' shot at the Giants.

"It's asinine to say, 'We're a close-knit group and this is our team,'" Ross told the San Francisco Chronicle. "Every team goes out at the trading deadline and tries to make a deal. It's very rare for an organization to say, 'We don't need any improvements. We're as good as we're going to be.' Every team looks to improve, whether it's one, three or five guys."

Added Ross when asked if he was invested in the playoff run as longer-tenured Giants: "I'm just as excited as they are. I'm finally on a winning team and getting a chance to go to the playoffs."
                                http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/09/30/c...s-are-asinine/

Comment

Working...
                                X