2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
    Any SS is likely going to come from within.

Either they are fine with Otto Lopez being abysmal at the plate because he plays pretty good D. Or Sanoja/Serna break out. Or a young top SS prospect is the headliner in a return for Alcantra.

What they won't do is sign one.

The last name in the Scott deal, Jay Besheaers, is playing SS in Beloit.
    Nothing within. It’s trading for one and I’ve been through those options too across the league and pickings are a little slim here.

Maybe they could get like Perdomo for Lawlar taking over. That actually would make sense for like a Garrett swap and getting something else with him as Garrett has another control year, etc.

Or just sign the obvious guys and don’t sign three Garcia, Soler, and Seguras next time. Because that’s the kind of money they have to spend so it’s going to the team or you know whose pockets.

Comment

• https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savan...r-pitching-mlb

Updated. This is getting a little fun. Cutter is dominating. Fastball is grading above average at 90mph which I have a hard time believing, and his change and sweeper are getting drilled and annihilated. I suppose folks are unbalanced by a real 4 pitch mix here which is playing up the fastball as the best of the next 3 as everyone has to sit on that cutter.

We’ll see as it’s a SSS, but the Marlins may have unlocked something with his cutter. His top pitch comp based on stuff is….
      Bailey Ober who throws a 91mph FB, great cutter, but he’s incredible with also a plus slider and unhittable change up on top. A poor man’s Ober 6th/7th SP sounds amazing with 2 option years.

Comment

• Jazz has a potential season ending UCL injury

Sliding into home head first against the *checks notes* White Sox

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
          Jazz has a potential season ending UCL injury

Sliding into home head first against the *checks notes* White Sox
          I saw this, already talk about how its a Bryce sort of injury and he may be able to bat a little faster. Just brutal.

It was the best trade and now even better if shit like this will always happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

Garcia, Soler, and Segura is an equivalent contract to what Adames/Kim would be. It’s over $100m for those 3 sadly.

So they did spend that. Over 3 players.

Except now they don’t need to spend that over 3 players. Just 1. Because they have depth everywhere at low prices.

They should spend the money they do have under Bruce on 1 better thing versus 3 OK things.
            Garcia was up there with chen as the worst contract in franchise history, and we were not bidding against anyone else. Soler and Segura were 1 year deals with player or team options, which are the type of deals im telling you now they are actually going to continue to be signing as opposed to winning the bidding wars against the best teams for the best free agents on the market. You can try to rationalize it however you want. it's not happening. you never take any time to reflect that you do this literally every offseason. it's not happening. that could not be more clear.

Comment

• color me shocked that jazz got hurt playing in a reckless manner. who could have seen that coming?

Comment

• random, but david robertson has a 2.75 ERA and 1.01 WHIP with a 75/15 k/bb ratio in 51 innings. almost the same exact numbers from what he was doing with the mets before the deadline last year. make it make sense.

Comment

• trevor rogers has been a disaster so far for the orioles.

Comment

• Yeah Jazz is infuriating player. He either hustles too much or not enough, no in between.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      random, but david robertson has a 2.75 ERA and 1.01 WHIP with a 75/15 k/bb ratio in 51 innings. almost the same exact numbers from what he was doing with the mets before the deadline last year. make it make sense.
                      We’re cursed?

Comment

• DLC has been awful for the Pirates so far.

Comment

• Incoming fish16 gloat post.

Comment

• My $0.02 on the Adames stuff ….. he’d be nice to have but we have a track record of NOT signing a player we need even when they’re sitting right there waiting for us with a welcome mat. Why we’re penciling it in a nearly a done deal is beyond me. I’d like to be surprised, but I have 1% confidence it’ll happen.
                            can’t wait for him to resign with the Brewers and take it out of Bruce’s hands completely so he won’t even have to pretend we were interested.

we’re in the same endless cycle of “IF everyone is healthy we’ll be great in 2 years”.

im not trying to be total pessimist, but track record is a better indication than future potential, especially with this group.

Comment

• ESPN mid-season Top 100 MLB Prospect List. White #70, N. Meyer #83, Agustin Ramirez #104. DDLS Notable riser.

Let them keep sleeping on White.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                                Incoming fish16 gloat post.
                                nothing new to gloat about. he's been awful for 4 years. im sure he's just a swing change away though

Comment

Working...
                                X