2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    christian pache was DFA'd by the orioles. probably just a bust but cant hurt to put in a claim and see if he can figure it out for a few months and maybe become something. very limited action but he wasnt terrible for the phillies last year
    He's OOO so he would have to be completely on fire to make the team next year with no options. He'll get into arbitration too so it is guaranteed.

Like this is a whatever move so sure, but I wouldn't bother and let Sanchez play RHP, Hensley LHP (he gets OF listed on MLB depth chart), Stowers play every day, and I'd let Brujan and Otto play the other OF spot just to see what happens out there. Wall (who has been in AAA forever and has options if he shows something) can back them all up. Brujan needs to show a lot for 2 months to be 40 man protected, but maybe prospect pedigree kicks in at some point. Otto could really help himself make the team next year if he can produce a .650 OPS and play 2B/SS/OF ala Berti.

There is also Dane coming back from injury eventually (he really fucked up) who cuts into the Hensley/Brujan/Otto time when back and of course, Norby *probably*, *maybe* gets called up and he'll be close to everyday in LF when it happens.

And if we're digging deeper, just let Johnston, Conine, and Gray get a shot in LF. I'd rather see them then Pache TBH.

Depth is starting to creep up here for sure.

Comment

kemp alderman has finally started to show some of the promise he came with when he was drafted over the last month. Reminds me of josh willingham a little bit with the bat
      Has anyone seen anything about him playing some catcher? That was mentioned when he was drafted. It's all OF so far so I imagine that was over quickly, but would be fun.

Comment

• He apparently had a broken hand. Alderman could be a fast riser.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Rogers Debut for Baltimore - 4.1 IP, 5 ER, 3 K, 9 H/BB (1 HR, in his defense it was Jose Ramirez)

Good times.

Comment

• Yeah I watched Rogers many times this year and I swear every time it was like, well at least he gave us 5 innings and only gave up 2-3 runs. It always felt like he was a bit lucky to escape. The man is a shell of what he was in 2021.

With that being said he probably ends up pitching 6-7 more years in the league, but I'm not sure fans of those teams will be happy that he's on their team. haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
              Yeah I watched Rogers many times this year and I swear every time it was like, well at least he gave us 5 innings and only gave up 2-3 runs. It always felt like he was a bit lucky to escape. The man is a shell of what he was in 2021.

With that being said he probably ends up pitching 6-7 more years in the league, but I'm not sure fans of those teams will be happy that he's on their team. haha.
              He should probably be used with a RHP opener right now, and then get 18-21 batters out of him. I think he'll be good once he settles into some kind of similar role, or just fully moves to the pen as 2-3 IP bridge reliever who throws 40 times a year or so.

But, not our problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                Yeah I watched Rogers many times this year and I swear every time it was like, well at least he gave us 5 innings and only gave up 2-3 runs. It always felt like he was a bit lucky to escape. The man is a shell of what he was in 2021.

he's throwing 2+ MPH slower and his xfip has gone up every year. he is a thoroughly mediocre #5 and i suppose that valuable to a team that doesnt have any pitching under team control He is very replaceable. they got a steal with what they got for him.

Comment

• We claimed Christian pache like I brought up yesterday. Sanchez and Stowers really aren’t cf so just trot him out there for the next two months in center and see what he can do. Worst case scenario you non tender him

Comment

• osiris johnson and tanner allen released. Johnson the latest in a long list of failed "up the middle athletes" that we went for that couldnt really play baseball. Was also hurt a ton. 2nd rounder. Allen was a former 4th rounder that never put it together.

Comment

We claimed Christian pache like I brought up yesterday. Sanchez and Stowers really aren’t cf so just trot him out there for the next two months in center and see what he can do. Worst case scenario you non tender him
                      Yea, it makes sense kind of. I'd rather just see if they get anything out of other dudes (Johnston, Conine, Gray, etc.). I guess none of this matter. Conine and Gray probably whiff so much with an extended look. Dane really fucked up here.

Fortes, Sanchez
                      Burger
                      Otto, Brujan <--- Brujan can go
                      Edwards
                      Bride, Rivera <--- Rivera can go
                      Sanchez, Wall <--- Wall can go
                      Pache
                      Stowers, Gordon <--- Gordon can go

I'd call up Pereda, keep Hensley, and call up Johnston and DFA whichever three of those guys you want, and Dane replaces the fourth when he's healthy. Probably keep Brujan and let him fight for his life. I'd be OK with this for August TBH as Norby gets the 3B crash course and they get used to DDLS in the organization.

Optimistically in September, Banfield is up to play against lefties, Norby and DDLS to get feet wet, Dane takes out the 4th of those guys, and a roster expansion is Johnston.

Fortes, Banfield
                      Burger, DDLS, Johnston
                      Otto, Hensley
                      Edwards
                      Norby, Bride
                      Sanchez
                      Dane, Pache
                      Stowers

That is potentially fun for the first time in awhile

Comment

• they have norby playing 2b in his first AAA game tonight. what the fuck are they doing.

Comment

We claimed Christian pache like I brought up yesterday. Sanchez and Stowers really aren’t cf so just trot him out there for the next two months in center and see what he can do. Worst case scenario you non tender him
                          Agreed. It’s a worth while, low risk (no risk?) gamble on a guy that was once a top prospect. It probably won’t work out but he won’t be any worse than what they already have.

Comment

• Kam Misner and Jerar Encarnacion both called up today. Fun.

Connor Scott is hitting about .190 in AAA and is with Milwaukee now apparently.

Comment

they have norby playing 2b in his first AAA game tonight. what the fuck are they doing.
                              If they keep him down until late April to get a free agency year when Norby is 31, that's going to be a laugh out loud for me. I don't think he is valuable enough of an asset to expect peak greatness post 30. He's definitely not going to be a defender by then either so it would have to be him turning into Edgar Martinez. I plant the flag here - he won't be Edgar Martinez. Call him up soon.

Maybe they worked him all day at 3B in practice and have deemed him not ready for game action, but the guy has gotta play to keep offensive reps so go play 2B for a few days. I wouldn't over think this. I think Norby gets 100 PA this season for the Marlins at the MLB level. He can be down 2-3 weeks, but this starts getting WTF in late August for sure as the bat is ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                Kam Misner and Jerar Encarnacion both called up today. Fun.

Connor Scott is hitting about .190 in AAA and is with Milwaukee now apparently.
                                as it turns out drafting exclusively "up the middle athletes" with no discernible baseball skills as well as "fast rising advanced college bats with no defensive value" wasnt the best method of draft evaluation

Comment

Working...
                                X