No announcement yet.

2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still wouldnt be shocked to see Bender, Brazoban, Burger, Cabrera, Chargois, Cronin, De La Cruz, Faucher, Rogers, and Sanchez dealt along with Scott. Go full scorched earth and bring in as much talent as possible.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post

I think they’ll get a good return, but something closer to what the Angels got for Estevez. Not a top 15 overall prospect. They’ll do well if they can even land a top 100 prospect. But, hey, I’ll be very happy to be wrong here.

Also Adrian Gonzalez was a heavy return for Urbina, but his stock had taken a dip at that time. Remember he was traded again shortly after that to the Padres.
      Yea. If they get a top 100 guy, it's probably someone right on the border like Kyle Hurt. Who is probably a bulk reliever and throws 100+ innings over 40 appearances in a classic "Rays" type usage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
        I still wouldnt be shocked to see Bender, Brazoban, Burger, Cabrera, Chargois, Cronin, De La Cruz, Faucher, Rogers, and Sanchez dealt along with Scott. Go full scorched earth and bring in as much talent as possible.
        It's fun to think they go full scorched earth with some new approach, but there is no way that happens. They still do need folks for next year.

If I had to pick three more to go (and Chargois goes no matter what), I would say Cronin, DLC, and Rogers are next most likely to be moved for me. Cronin is a sell high with the excellent work this year similar to how they moved Pop. DLC because someone is buying the analytics for cheap and it doesn't really matter. Rogers because they can maybe move a SP and he has lower control. But I think they'd need to be really blown away and a larger SP move is more likely in the offseason.

If they move Scott and get Kyle Hurt or Ashcraft (Pitt) sort of thing, I think Rogers getting shipped out becomes a lot more probable quickly. They need to replace some innings and getting a guy you can maybe pencil in for 100 innings next year makes that up so Rogers can maybe turn into something else.

Comment

• I bet they move a minimum of 3 RPs, but it could be more like 5, and I think DLC and Roger’s are on the table for the right deal. Maybe Sanchez.

Comment

• BA came out with an article ranking the top prospects traded thus far. They have Ramirez number 1 in a category they label as "not far from the top 100" with a 50 FV grade. They say he is a fast riser this year but not in their top 100. De Los Santos is in a category they label 150-500 prospect level. They have him 6th with a 50 FV. Serna they have 9th with a 50 FV as well. Ramirez they have 22nd with a 45 FV but extreme variation in their "worth a flier" category. Pintar is 27th with a 40 FV in their "role player" category.

Interestingly, 2nd and 3rd are the 2 guys the angels got for estevez, who is going to get something similar but probably less than what scott is worth. They have both of those guys in the top 150-500 range, but with 50 FV grades. Rays got Lesko, who is 4th, and BA has him at 55 FV but with extreme risk.
            Last edited by fish16; 07-29-2024, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I think they’ll get a good return, but something closer to what the Angels got for Estevez. Not a top 15 overall prospect. They’ll do well if they can even land a top 100 prospect. But, hey, I’ll be very happy to be wrong here.

Also Adrian Gonzalez was a heavy return for Urbina, but his stock had taken a dip at that time. Remember he was traded again shortly after that to the Padres.
              I think theyll get someone in the top 100 if they prioritize a quality over quantity approach. Probably back end of the top 100 though. just because of how ridiculous he has been. But given their strategy thus far maybe they go for 2-3 guys they really like with some upside.

On a side note, the difference between the WAR for Scott on Fangraphs vs Bball reference is wild. Fangraphs has him at .9 this year, Reference has him at 3.2. Guessing due to the walk barrage he had at the beginning of the year.

Comment

• Orioles, Yankees, Red Sox, and Royals are the 4 leading teams for scott according to bowden.

Comment

• Obviously with the orioles you try for Mayo as that's the perfect piece, but if that's too rich, Norby and their recent first rounder Vance Honeycutt would make a ton of sense. BA has Norby at 50 FV and Honeycutt at 55 FV with 55 Power, 65 Run, 70 Fielding, and a 60 ARM. I do believe they changed the recent draftees not being traded rule after the stupidity with Trea Turner years back between the Nats and Padres. Honeycutt was just drafted but he was a college bat so he's already 21 and presumably a faster riser than most recent draftees.

If that is too much, Norby and a guy like Beavers or Bradfield could make sense.

BA has Norby 7th, Honeycutt 8th, Bradfield 9th and Beavers 10th.

Comment

• What’s the rule on trading drafted players now? I know you used to have to wait a year but I believe that changed with the latest CBA. They may have some interest in Honeycutt considering he was in that next group of college bats they were reportedly looking at before opting to go under slot. That may still be too rich for a rental, though.

i know it’s a pipe dream, but when I hear Boston, I think about trying to find a way to get Mayer. Send them a starter and another bat, if that’s what it takes. Hell, send them a prospect along with it.

Comment

i know it’s a pipe dream, but when I hear Boston, I think about trying to find a way to get Mayer. Send them a starter and another bat, if that’s what it takes. Hell, send them a prospect along with it.
                      100%

I feel like Tanner Scott, Trevor Rogers and Thomas White gets that deal done.

Comment

• Morosi now saying not only will scott be moved, but as expected multiple guys will go. Specifically mentions declan cronin. Got him for nothing so if you can turn it into some sort of asset might as well do it. Relievers are the easiest thing in baseball to find.

Comment

I bet they move a minimum of 3 RPs, but it could be more like 5, and I think DLC and Roger’s are on the table for the right deal. Maybe Sanchez.
                          5 is too many for me I think.

Scott, Chargois, and one of Cronin/Hoeing/Munoz/Maldonado can go (and by that, I mean Cronin as all 4 guys are similar and will likely get similar performances. It's all sliders and they can work with them).

I would put a mini-premium on Brazoban - dudes just look at this shit, he's a fucking ace right now with many years of control and low mileage as a 34 year old. You can't just give this away even if its a small SSS. Every fan base would be thrilled getting this out of nowhere - https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savan...r-pitching-mlb

I think Bender has a real premium out pitch (sweeper), and that makes him difficult to trade with all the slider guys they have as a good change of look. I think you can move him as he is entering lower control arbitration, but this isn't a throw in and he needs to be valued. No premium like Brazoban, just something fair but it's not an outside top 25 FV40 prospect. It's gotta be something a little better than that.

Nardi is just a floor real good pen 2nd lefty with upside for more with a lot of control. I don't think you move him at all. They need him in post-Puk world and upper minors relievers all right handers. However, a super premium deal is fine as always be trading relievers.

Faucher is a 6th guy in the bullpen. He can be moved, but I'd keep him over moving a 2nd of the slider bunch as he has a different pitch mix to keep changing up what's being thrown at you.

So 5 is a lot, but...

Must trade - Scott, Chargois
                          Probably a good idea - Cronin
                          --
                          If you get a premium - Nardi, Brazoban
                          Fair deals - Bender
                          OK as a last minute deal kicker and don't worry about it too much - Hoeing, Faucher
                          --
                          Doesn't matter much, but they have some real upside into a pen 7th inning guy so keep them - Maldonado, Munoz

Ultimately, I do like Bender, Brazoban, Faucher, Hoeing/Maldonado/Munoz, Nardi, and TBD new lefty is a good pen basis next year so they should strive to do that as their top 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            Orioles, Yankees, Red Sox, and Royals are the 4 leading teams for scott according to bowden.
                            BAL CF Bradfield

NYY SS Arias or SS Lombard

KC C Blake Mitchell

BOS CF (maybe 2B too) K. Campbell

That's probably the quick target list of a headliner based on the Estevez/Adam trade comps.

This Campbell kid has moved to a FV45+ and is absolutely crushing AA. Given they have Duran, Anthony, and Bleis, he is completely expendable here.

I'd love Mayer or Teel even too, but that opens up getting Luzardo involved as what else are they going to do? What something like..... Luzardo, Max (yes Max, they are win right now and he has years of control and will be a bullpen killer immediately at minimum), Scott, and Brazoban (I am telling you look at that statcast, he is valuable. What a bullpen upgrade here) for Mayer, Campbell, Meidroth, and a lottery ticket? That's a FV60, 45+, 40, and outside top 30-40 guy. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players in this deal are Marlins.

Becomes quickly:

C Ramirez, Fortes/Banfield
                            1B Burger, DLS (some Martorella)
                            2B Edwards, Otto
                            SS Mayer (Edwards backs up I guess)
                            3B Meidroth (with some Burger and DLS as he did play there a little. Defense be damned)
                            LF DLC, Martorella/Marsee/Dane
                            CF Campbell, Mesa Jr.
                            RF Sanchez

Sandy, Garrett, Cabrera, Weathers, and Rogers is still the rotation, with Eury coming.

Pen is fine if they retain Bender, Nardi, Cronin, Hoeing, Munoz/Hoeing as 5 spots.

This is under $65m. They can afford a pitcher and luxury reliever, and looking hard at upgrading DLC there with a 1 year OF flyer.

Hey we can dream right

Comment

• bradfield doesnt do much for me from Baltimore. If we can get Norby i'd be happy. Take the bat and figure out the glove later. Not like we're trying to find a specific position to fill. We're trying to fill about 8 of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post

100%

I feel like Tanner Scott, Trevor Rogers and Thomas White gets that deal done.
                                If they get Mayer for just that, everything Bendix has done to date is forgiven.

Boston is win now. White isn't cutting it to me for them. See above. Load them up with arms for now. Make Mayer the plant the flag prospect move even if it costs 2 of the core pitchers, but definitely get some FV45 types attached to that to fill it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X