X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xavier Edwards can really hit

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post

Norby is on pace to hit 32 homers, 114 rbi, 26 steals, hit 300, and an ops above .900 in aaa. He is much more valuable than bender
      And? See post above for the issues. You know how we always told Lee but does the skill set translate to the next level? That is what is happening here.

I said above Bender is light, but Norby isn’t this great prospect. Hes 18-20 range in Marlins system.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

And? See post above for the issues. You know how we always told Lee but does the skill set translate to the next level? That is what is happening here.

I said above Bender is light, but Norby isn’t this great prospect. Hes 18-20 range in Marlins system.
        Lmao, no he isn’t. His skill set absolutely still translates. The guy from ba said our system is still middle of the pack. If you think he is not in our top 10 and likely top 5 you are out of your god damn mind

lee loved 27 years olds in single a. Norby is 24 in aaa. It’s not remotely similar. He is a borderline top 100 prospect. Would definitely be top 100 if he had a set defensive position. That bat will play anywhere. His k rate going up a little over last year is not changing that. Again, he’s hitting .300, ops over .900, gonna be close to 30/30 over 162 games. The orioles best farm in baseball has him at 7th according to ba midseason update and a 50
        Last edited by fish16; 07-28-2024, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Lmao, no he isn’t. His skill set absolutely still translates. The guy from ba said our system is still middle of the pack. If you think he is not in our top 10 and likely top 5 you are out of your god damn mind

lee loved 27 years olds in single a. Norby is 24 in aaa. It’s not remotely similar. He is a borderline top 100 prospect. Would definitely be top 100 if he had a set defensive position. That bat will play anywhere. His k rate going up a little over last year is not changing that. Again, he’s hitting .300, ops over .900, gonna be close to 30/30 over 162 games
          Again, his K rate is ascending, his BABIP is .380 something and he’s batting just under .300 with that which is danger, he can’t play defense, is going to be LF/DH only, and the splits suggest he is going to be a lefty splits guy.

He’s an FV 40 - https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects/the-board?org=bal

He’s 18 for me. Ahead of Marsee. I’ll take the defensive floors. https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects/the-board?org=mia

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post

Again, his K rate is ascending, his BABIP is .380 something and he’s batting just under .300 with that which is danger, he can’t play defense, is going to be LF/DH only, and the splits suggest he is going to be a lefty splits guy.

He’s an FV 40 - https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects/the-board?org=bal

He’s 18 for me. Ahead of Marsee. I’ll take the defensive floors. https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects/the-board?org=mia
            Ba has him 50 and 7th in their league best system

Comment

• Edwards hit for the cycle. We were starting wendle all year last year

Comment

• Other than Max Meyer, Xavier Edward’s is the one thing that makes me want to watch the Marlins down the stretch. It’s insane that this dude was kept off of the Marlins for as long as he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post

I think that’s a tough ask. If he gets Mayo for a rental we can start building a statue. Connor Norby would be more realistic, but still probably too ambitious.

The Marlins have so many RPs they can move, they really have an opportunity in this market to boost the farm.
                  He's just setting Bendix up for failure. Don't mind him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post

He's just setting Bendix up for failure. Don't mind him.
                    Mayo for Scott is not crazy unreasonable given how ridiculous he has been and how many contenders are in on him

Comment

Mayo for Scott is not crazy unreasonable given how ridiculous he has been and how many contenders are in on him
                      For 2 months of Scott, it's completely ridiculous

Comment

• I'll deep throat crow if I'm wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post

For 2 months of Scott, it's completely ridiculous
                          Yes. It’s completely ridiculous for a strong FV55 prospect. Scott is not bringing more than Jazz.

Luzardo and Scott gets interesting for Mayo and parts though. I still have a hard time thinking they trade their main right handed bats long term as they have so many lefties.

Comment

Ba has him 50 and 7th in their league best system
                            That’s an enormous scouting difference. Defense matters so maybe BA is too kind and FG too harsh. Time will tell.

What tier do they have pretty much all the Marlins above a 40?

Comment

• The only reason I say it’s not ridiculous is because reports say it’s a 10 team bidding war. Mayo would obviously be a crazy haul for him, but with a bidding war, the market for relievers given what the padres just gave up for a good but not great middle reliever, and maybe the orioles just say fuck it let’s go for it. Marlins did it way back when for urbina with Adrian Gonzalez, cubs did it years ago for Chapman with gleyber torres. Unlikely for sure, but it’s a sellers market

Comment

The only reason I say it’s not ridiculous is because reports say it’s a 10 team bidding war. Mayo would obviously be a crazy haul for him, but with a bidding war, the market for relievers given what the padres just gave up for a good but not great middle reliever, and maybe the orioles just say fuck it let’s go for it. Marlins did it way back when for urbina with Adrian Gonzalez, cubs did it years ago for Chapman with gleyber torres. Unlikely for sure, but it’s a sellers market
                                I think they’ll get a good return, but something closer to what the Angels got for Estevez. Not a top 15 overall prospect. They’ll do well if they can even land a top 100 prospect. But, hey, I’ll be very happy to be wrong here.

Also Adrian Gonzalez was a heavy return for Urbina, but his stock had taken a dip at that time. Remember he was traded again shortly after that to the Padres.
                                Last edited by sports24/7; 07-29-2024, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X