Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    Congrats to fish16 and Todd for finally pushing lou
    away from posting here. It will be healthy for this forum (which is hanging on for life by a thread) to lose 1 of its 5 regular posters. And a very good poster at that.

Looking forward to fish16 having zero self awareness and telling me that lou posted the same thing over and over again and that he's glad lou is gone.
    Right on cue (post above)…

did he say he was leaving or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post

thanks, appreciate the recognition. you should probably get used to no one talking about the marlins considering they are going to trade every recognizable piece yet again within the next 60 days, on top of most homes not even able to watch the games currently.

i hope you can survive without the 9 paragraph posts saying the same exact thing over and over while annually shifting the "target year" that is never actually a target year.
      The funny thing is, I really don't think you and lou's analysis of the situation is that far off. Why you are so antagonistic towards him I just don't understand. I don't understand why his analysis of how they could possibly make it work in the coming years is so offending to you. That's all Marlins fans have had for most of the team's existence. The Luis Arraez trade was par for the course in the history of the Marlins. I don't know why this in particular has set you off so much. Nobody here is happy with the way this team is run, but we're fans and we have to have some sort of hope to continue. The way I've reacted is I just simply have watched way less games this year, but I'm still going to come on here and twitter to talk about the team, and learn the latest goings on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post

The funny thing is, I really don't think you and lou's analysis of the situation is that far off. Why you are so antagonistic towards him I just don't understand. I don't understand why his analysis of how they could possibly make it work in the coming years is so offending to you. That's all Marlins fans have had for most of the team's existence. The Luis Arraez trade was par for the course in the history of the Marlins. I don't know why this in particular has set you off so much. Nobody here is happy with the way this team is run, but we're fans and we have to have some sort of hope to continue. The way I've reacted is I just simply have watched way less games this year, but I'm still going to come on here and twitter to talk about the team, and learn the latest goings on.
        I can honestly say I don’t remember if I’ve even watched an inning this year. I’m not supporting this BS until they change and actually attempt to improve the roster. But I still follow the rumors and post here.
        I’ve always taken the approach to Lou’s posts of knowing a lot of it is repetitive, but it’s also informative. And if I don’t feel like reading the whole paragraph, I’ll just skim through it or move to the next post until his is referenced. Why that’s difficult to do, I won’t understand….

Comment

The arraez trade set me off because we all acknowledge they have a really good looking rotation for next year and this team could have theoretically competed next year with a couple key trades, and instead they hired a dork from tampa to blow up the team after an apocalyptic 1 month start and start another 3 year rebuild where we will have to convince ourselves the next wave of prospects we will have will pan out when they never do compared to what we gave up to get them. It also set me off because the guy has a unique skillset that is great to watch, he can give you 3 WAR+ per year, and his contract is not going to be that significant where they couldnt have extended him and had a cornerstone lineup piece. To talk about a low 100 million contract, which he wont come close to, as if it is an aaron judge type enormous deal we couldnt possibly afford, is fucking nauseating.

rooting for prospects and trying to figure out ways that this team can compete with a bottom 5 payroll just is exhausting, and im just not going to give a shit anymore. I havent watched a single game since they dealt arraez and my life has been no worse off. It's not a fun team to be a fan of. they have burned every bridge imaginable, and when they finally had a theoretical path to a team that is both good and fun to watch next year, they punted so we can play the same prospect watching, penny pinching game they have played for 25 fucking years outside of 2012. Not to mention that the stadium is in such an awful location with absolutely nothing to do around it, it gives me absolutely 0 desire to ever attend a game as a guy from now palm beach county, when i used to go to 15-20 games a year at the old stadium.

I dont actually give that much a fuck about lou's posts, it's just obnoxious how smug he is to anyone with a differing opinion as if his blind worship of an inherently flawed measurement like WAR with 0 actual critical analysis must be followed by everyone else. He also takes 0 time to ever look back and see how consistently wrong he is. There is nothing enlightening about saying if this team just started spending 30-40 million more per year, they can potentially compete, when they very clearly have no desire to do so.
          Last edited by fish16; 06-05-2024, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            Congrats to fish16 and Todd for finally pushing lou
            away from posting here. It will be healthy for this forum (which is hanging on for life by a thread) to lose 1 of its 5 regular posters. And a very good poster at that.

Looking forward to fish16 having zero self awareness and telling me that lou posted the same thing over and over again and that he's glad lou is gone.
            I just wanted him to stop spam posting the same thing over and over.
            When you'd spend time away and come back it was impossible to find your place or where you left off because he kept posting the same exact multi paragraph essay every other post.
            Although it will be nice not having to see "the Werth deal" mentioned.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• BA updated their top 100- still just the Meyer brothers and Thomas white. Max in the 40's, the other two in the 70/80 range

Comment

• fangraphs dropped jacob berry from their top 29 marlins prospects because hes awful

Comment

• josh bell has been really good after a bad start. he should be able to get a mid level prospect at the deadline.

Comment

• Seems like FanGraphs like the Arraez trade more than most of us.

Jacob Berry, may be the most shocking bust in franchise history. At least with Skipworth or Kolek they were High School players with inherent risk. Jacob Berry when we drafted him, the consensus was, defensive concerns, may be a future DH, but the bat was a safe bet. Then he proceeds to not hit at all in the minors.

Comment

Seems like FanGraphs like the Arraez trade more than most of us.

Jacob Berry, may be the most shocking bust in franchise history. At least with Skipworth or Kolek they were High School players with inherent risk. Jacob Berry when we drafted him, the consensus was, defensive concerns, may be a future DH, but the bat was a safe bet. Then he proceeds to not hit at all in the minors.
                      Is it that surprising? You kind of get what you deserve when you draft a guy with a single tool. I dont think he was even supposed to be this prolific power guy, it was just an "advanced college bat" in general with a good bat, hit for decent average, with above average power. I never understood it from the second they drafted him. It seemed very clear he was colin moran 2.0. and it turns out he's somehow worse.

jeter was obviously horrific, but there is a reason the plan of drafting athletic guys who play up the middle made sense even if the guys they drafted continuously sucked. It gives room for potential and upside. When you draft a guy so high who right off the bat you know cant field at all and isnt remotely athletic, you kind of deserve what you get.
                      Last edited by fish16; 06-06-2024, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Is it that surprising? You kind of get what you deserve when you draft a guy with a single tool. I dont think he was even supposed to be this prolific power guy, it was just an "advanced college bat" in general with a good bat, hit for decent average, with above average power. I never understood it from the second they drafted him. It seemed very clear he was colin moran 2.0. and it turns out he's somehow worse.
                        Mother fucker has a .422 OPS this year as a 23-year old in AA this year. If you're saying you predicted that you're full of shit I'm sorry. Before this year, I would've said he's on the Colin Moran, JJ Bleday track, of disappointing prospect, who might eventually be an ok major leaguer probably with another team. Now, he looks like someone that will never make the big leagues.

Comment

• The worst part about the Berry pick is everyone kind of knew he shouldn’t be the pick. I don’t think even the strongest critics of the pick thought he’d be this much of a disaster, but we all knew there were better players there. It’s crazy that we’d now be lucky to nab Brooks Lee in a Luzardo deal when they should already have him in the system.

Comment

Mother fucker has a .422 OPS this year as a 23-year old in AA this year. If you're saying you predicted that you're full of shit I'm sorry. Before this year, I would've said he's on the Colin Moran, JJ Bleday track, of disappointing prospect, who might eventually be an ok major leaguer probably with another team. Now, he looks like someone that will never make the big leagues.
                            i never said i predicted a disgustingly bad ops in AA, but you could very easily see at the time that it was a bad pick with limited upside so early in the draft. I said from the beginning it feels a lot like colin moran. it wasnt exactly a secret, i dont think anyone on this board had high hopes with that pick even at the time it was made.

Looked back and this is what i said a few days after the draft- 07-22-2022, 07:08 PM
                            this really isnt fair to berry, but just feels way too much like colin moran. And in moran's defense, after looking at his stats, he was a decent big league hitter for 4 years with the pirates and is still in AAA with the reds, but berry just feels like a misjudgement of his hit tool potential away from a waste of a 6th overall pick. if he's the hitter they think he can be, it's a perfect pick for what we need, but if the hit and power tool is not as advertised, there's not enough else in his game to stick around for long. it's a weird combo of a safe college bat pick but also a lot of boom/bust potential.
                            Last edited by fish16; 06-06-2024, 01:55 PM.

Comment

i never said i predicted a disgustingly bad ops in AA, but you could very easily see at the time that it was a bad pick with limited upside so early in the draft. I said from the beginning it feels a lot like colin moran. it wasnt exactly a secret, i dont think anyone on this board had high hopes with that pick even at the time it was made.

Looked back and this is what i said a few days after the draft- 07-22-2022, 07:08 PM
                              this really isnt fair to berry, but just feels way too much like colin moran. And in moran's defense, after looking at his stats, he was a decent big league hitter for 4 years with the pirates and is still in AAA with the reds, but berry just feels like a misjudgement of his hit tool potential away from a waste of a 6th overall pick. if he's the hitter they think he can be, it's a perfect pick for what we need, but if the hit and power tool is not as advertised, there's not enough else in his game to stick around for long. it's a weird combo of a safe college bat pick but also a lot of boom/bust potential.
                              And I never said I ever thought it was a good pick. Not everything has to be an argument. Whether it was a good pick or not. He was a guy who was projected by all outlets to be a top 20 pick. For him to fail so spectacularly and so quickly is impressive even for a Marlins pick.

Comment

• Ken Rosenthal said there could be a “shortage of sellers” this year. That would be great news for us, if true. Can Bendix take advantage of that, though? That remains to be seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X