2024 Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
    My phone is the only way I can get this site to work these days.
    Same. I’ve been saying this for a while now…. And I’ve tried 3 browsers on multiple computers. Changing settings hasn’t done anything.

Comment

• I only post on the phone so I hadn't even noticed

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post

Same. I’ve been saying this for a while now…. And I’ve tried 3 browsers on multiple computers. Changing settings hasn’t done anything.
        Firefox works on my desktop but that's it

Comment

• Great start so far

Comment

• Error by Brujan scores 2 more!

Comment

• A.J. Suk

Comment

• I want to point out if you have runners 2B and 3B with 1 out, your expectancy for a run is *higher* than if you have bases loaded with 1 out. Obviously, because of force outs. So they should have walked Drury. Even more so since Drury is a much better hitter than Sano who is next up, so you have even better odds against a weaker hitter. You're down by 2. The limited chance the runner on 1B scores isn't worth getting out of the inning easier when you'd already be down 4 if the guys on 2B/3B score before the newly walked guy at 1B.

This is rudimentary game strategy - why is an obvious move to set up forces against a weaker batter not happening? This is one of the most analytically oriented front offices right now, so this is malpractice or intentional to lose. There is nothing in between.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  A.J. Suk
                  That last inning wasn't his fault entirely though. An extremely poor managerial decision and an error.

But still sucks. Maybe he is too mentally jacked up to be a starter and needs to come in as a reliever (even for 3-4 innings) to course correct.

What a nightmare opening to the season.

Comment

• Interested to see Puk's xFIP today

Comment

• Not impressed by Brujan gotta say.

Comment

• this team is awful and skip's usage of the bullpen and Bendix's management of the last guy in the bullpen continue to make 0 sense. WTF is this burch smith bullshit? why was he even claimed? He hasnt pitched in literally 2 full years before this year, minors or majors. He was fucking awful for the rays in spring, and he's just gifted a role on the team? he's 33 years old and has a 6.05 ERA in close to 200 innings in his career and he just jumps maldonado who has earned a spot?

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                          I want to point out if you have runners 2B and 3B with 1 out, your expectancy for a run is *higher* than if you have bases loaded with 1 out. Obviously, because of force outs. So they should have walked Drury. Even more so since Drury is a much better hitter than Sano who is next up, so you have even better odds against a weaker hitter. You're down by 2. The limited chance the runner on 1B scores isn't worth getting out of the inning easier when you'd already be down 4 if the guys on 2B/3B score before the newly walked guy at 1B.

This is rudimentary game strategy - why is an obvious move to set up forces against a weaker batter not happening? This is one of the most analytically oriented front offices right now, so this is malpractice or intentional to lose. There is nothing in between.
                          He also has been shaky regarding balls/walks from what I’ve seen. So they probably didn’t have confidence he wouldn’t walk someone or worse?

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            this team is awful and skip's usage of the bullpen and Bendix's management of the last guy in the bullpen continue to make 0 sense. WTF is this burch smith bullshit? why was he even claimed? He hasnt pitched in literally 2 full years before this year, minors or majors. He was fucking awful for the rays in spring, and he's just gifted a role on the team? he's 33 years old and has a 6.05 ERA in close to 200 innings in his career and he just jumps maldonado who has earned a spot?
                            Sadly with the terrible offseason and start to the season, I’m already in “don’t care” mode.

good job Bruce.

Comment

• i'm pretty much at the point where i just dont give a fuck about this team anymore. there is 0 reason to root for a team that operates this way. Especially when there are much more enjoyable options in the market. The heat are consistently good and are run well. The panthers have one of the best gm's in the game and an ownership group that gives a fuck. The dolphins are incompetent but talented and the owner, while kind of incompetent, gives a fuck and invests in his team and the gameday experience.

i hope it gets oakland levels of bad attendance this year. I can believe anyone continues to waste their money on this shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post

Sadly with the terrible offseason and start to the season, I’m already in “don’t care” mode.

good job Bruce.
                                I think I am there too, in record time. This might be a check back in after the all star break and gear up for some interesting trades. Optimistically Luzardo isn't moved as I'd love to see Sandy, Eury, Luzardo, Cabrera, and Garrett, with Max, Rogers, Puk, and Weathers in the "pen," as I do think with any bat competence + P health this ship is righted very fast. But right now is baaaaaaad. Sweeps from the Pirates and Angels at home? YIKES

Comment

Working...
                                X