Clear All

• what time is the non-tender deadline?

Comment

• Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
      what time is the non-tender deadline?
      I think midnight.

Comment

• http://twitter.com/ajcbraves/status/6606524448

Braves non-tender both Church and Johnson. Assuming Uggla's gone by Spring Training, wouldn't mind either. Church as 3rd/4th OF to push Coghlan to 2B, or if they're hellbent on Cogs in LF, Johnson to prevent Boner from just being handed it.
        Sanchez life

Comment

• If the FO trades Uggla and is willing to move Coghlan to 2B, a Church/Carroll platoon in LF would be pretty nice. Church is decent defensively and has a career .280/.353/.460/.813 line vs. RHP.

Even in his down year in 2009, Church still OPSed .755 vs. RHP.

Comment

• We reached an agreement with Paulino.

Comment

• Paulino agreed to a one-year deal. Everyone but Amezaga was tendered contracts.

Comment

• Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                We reached an agreement with Paulino.
                Frisaro has this on his Twitter. All other eight were tendered.

Comment

• Paulino's deal is worth $1.1 million.

Comment

• Considering Pudge has already gotten 2 years and Bengie Molina likely gets 4 years, I'm fine with that for Paulino.

Comment

• Jason Kendall got two years, too.

Comment

• A little surprised Paulino is that high (I had median expectation around $900,000, the high at $1,100,000). That playing time with Pittsburgh 2006 and 2007 really effected him there.

Still think he's a deal for that. Him and Baker for $1.5 million. Pretty damn solid.

Comment

• I wish they were at least average defensively (or at least one), but yeah, that kind of production from the catcher's spot for $1.5 mil is an amazing bargain.

Comment

• I'd like to see Church in a Marlins uniform
                            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins have made finding relief pitching a priority over replacing Ross Gload. Jackson mentioned Adam Kennedy and Jeremy Reed as left-handed hitters "mentioned in informal talks" that Florida might be interested in signing once they take care of their bullpen.
                              MLBTR

Kennedy would be alright off the bench.

Comment

• Bonifacio is a switch hitter. Let him be the lefty off the bench since it looks like we are probably keeping Uggla. needs to be on the bench anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X