Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like him in that role.

Comment

• If we didn't already have BC, I'd be up for him on the bench.

Comment

• So if we had erstad...

Bonifacio
        Erstad
        Helms
        Carroll
        Paulino

Screw Erstad. Let's get someone on the bench that can, you know, hit a baseball occasionally. Like how about sign Russ Branyan or Hank Blalock or Carlos Delgado or whoever. Of course they'd start a bit and Gaby would be the other half the "platoon," but I think we all agree Gaby is the top hitter here.

Better be a MILB deal if it happens
        --------------------
        Shit Logan and Petersen probably hit more if you want a lefty. Maybe even Jimenez.
        Last edited by lou; 02-10-2010, 11:28 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• So if Delgado is considering retirement for lack of offers, why the heck aren't we picking up the phone to get him?

Comment

• We're still cheap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swift View Post
              So if Delgado is considering retirement for lack of offers, why the heck aren't we picking up the phone to get him?
              he's (reportedly) looked awful in winter ball, and can barely move

the power isn't there either

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                he's (reportedly) looked awful in winter ball, and can barely move

the power isn't there either
                And if he didn't look awful this discussion would not be taking place as a team would have offered him some money and playing time.

If he is willing to try out for a spot which I highly doubt is the case and why he is contemplating retirement, a minor league deal with an opt out clause can't hurt.

Comment

• joecapMARLINS

#Marlins sign INF Mike Lamb to minor league contract with invite to ML spring training
                  - capozzi's twitter

Comment

• He has put up good numbers in the past.

Comment

• Many players have put up good numbers in the past. That past performance does not mean they will put up good numbers in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                        Many players have put up good numbers in the past. That past performance does not mean they will put up good numbers in the near future.
                        Sure.

But I'm cool with Lamb hanging with Logan/Petersen and teaching them how to fight off LOOGYs. Well you hope he'd help them anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                          Many players have put up good numbers in the past. That past performance does not mean they will put up good numbers in the near future.
                          As I stated; he has put up good numbers in the past.

That said, I have no problem with this signing.

Comment

• It's a minor league deal, so whatever, but I hope this doesn't stop them from going after other bench players. Because the chances of Mike Lamb, who OBP'd .299 in AAA last year and hasn't hit for power since 2007, actually turning into a productive bench player at the age of 39, are rather slim.

Comment

• Yeah I see this signing as pretty worthless, but hey, go for it

Comment

• /random

Fangraphs has a new split section, has been interesting to look at. One of the things I just came across. Hermida, not all that surprisingly, is better to right field (1.113 OPS) and CF (.882 OPS) than to LF (.695 OPS). Hermida's power to LF is so bad that he's NEVER hit an opposite field home run.

However, he goes to LF pretty often, 29% of the time while going to RF just 38% of the time. My completely unscientific method of looking up some other pull hitters and seeing how much they pull the ball, it seems most of them go about 21% opposite field. But if you swap 8% of Hermida's hits to LF and change them to RF (About 90 balls in his career), and assume he'd preform at the same level to each field, it only raises his OPS up to .790 (21 points), and that's assuming a lot of things.

Comment

Working...
                                X