• Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks more pink to me than orange.

Comment

image.png.12868961d2e8796073d95886589b7f3d (1).jpg

I absolutely love this one.

Comment

Random but its crazy how much they have overhauled the organization since they bought the team in just about every single aspect. On the field, a lot of front office change even though mike hill is still here, now logo, uniforms, stadium, hr sculpture, investing in IFA players and facilities, community outreach. Almost everything. Except for PR, they were pretty bad at that last offseason.

Comment

That’s not orange. It’s pink.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            That’s not orange. It’s pink.
            It looks different on different monitors. It's hard to tell.

I have two screens here on my desk - one it looks pink, one orange.

Comment

I constructed the logo in Illustrator from the two images we've seen (the one on the Spring training ticket and the cap picture)

I then put them over 4 different backgrounds. the Salmon and blue backgrounds do need a black outline to keep the drop shadow of those two colorsfrom being washed out

I then took those variations and created caps of them:

Tomorrow I'll work on the "MIAMI" and "MARLINS" script to put on some uniforms. Hope you all enjoy this step.

Comment

Excellent excellent work. I’m coming around to the logo, and if the caps look that good I’ll be pretty excited.
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Yeah those hats don't look terrible. The black hat seems like too much black, though. The white and blue hats look better.

Comment

I love that logo. That teal hat looks awesome

- - - - - - - - - -

Was there a set release date for new logo/unis or has there just been a broad announcement of some sort of change this offseason?

Comment

There's nothing wrong with the logo. It just seems generic.

- - - - - - - - - -

But I can see what Jeter's crew sees in it. He's all about professionalism, which means clean looks. The logo has a very organized feel to it.

I personally won't be happy until the logo is the gator with a bat from Back to the Future Part 2.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        I love that logo. That teal hat looks awesome

- - - - - - - - - -

Was there a set release date for new logo/unis or has there just been a broad announcement of some sort of change this offseason?
                        I don't believe the team has even said anything about a logo change, it's all been speculation and leaks.

Fishstripes is saying they've seen the new logo, and that current logo stuff is going for half-off online, and that the new one will be shown Nov. 1.
                        Last edited by rmc523; 10-19-2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          I don't believe the team has even said anything about a logo change, it's all been speculation and leaks.

Fishstripes is saying they've seen the new logo, and that current logo stuff is going for half-off online, and that the new one will be shown Nov. 1.
                          Cool, thanks for the info. Excited to see the changes theyve made. Didnt even think of the need for new jerseys given that we will have a new logo. they are completely overhauling everything from top to bottom.

Comment

The black on black looks beyond bad. There’s no way that’s going to be a thing.

Comment

So here's an initial attempt at a MIAMI script and on the uniforms......

Also, forgive the quality of the uniform pictures, I'm pissed since I had to take screenshots to show you all because photoshop is glitching and not letting me save in any capacity - photoshop file or otherwise (the save, save as, nor open dialog boxes will not open.......does anyone have a solution to this? Otherwise I'm going to lose everything I did in photoshop tonight, thanks in advance)

Anyway, enjoy! I'm also open to suggestions!

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                Coming from someone that really liked the rebrand when it came out on November 11th, 2011, my initial reaction to this rebrand is “holy shit that looks terrible”.
                                Yeah. I'm in this camp.

I thought the rebrand was neat. My two biggest complaints with the current iteration were too many colors, and the Marlin on the hat logo made it too busy. The M as was used on the orange alternates was sharp and would have been a much better hat / sleeve logo design.

This is just a mess. The black base with the bright color outline is going to create a lot of clashing unless it's offset in white, and I don't think they'll go with a white hat. Black on black with the color outline is just horrific. It's an awful color scheme, even if the logo itself isn't bad, just lazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X