• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Marlins to Change Logo for 2019

Per Andy Slater. Different M, more blue, still marlin on the logo

http://slaterscoops.com/news/2018/10...ing-their-logo
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Bummer no teal.

Comment

I want more teal. Teal is a kind of blue though but this indicates more of the darker blue we have.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        I want more teal. Teal is a kind of blue though but this indicates more of the darker blue we have.
        What in that article indicates a darker blue?

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
          What in that article indicates a darker blue?
          youre right, idk why i took that to mean darker blue. i just figured if it was some teal slater would have said that.

Comment

I think we'll see a new cap logo with recolored uniforms using the blue currently used. A reasonable compromise if this is a stop-gap for something 3-4 years now when the team is ready to compete. I'd be really surprised if it's a full rebrand. These things take time and changes for the 2019 season were due in May.

Orange is dead. Long live orange,

- - - - - - - - - -

BwIkU32CUAAnme4.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
              I think we'll see a new cap logo with recolored uniforms using the blue currently used. A reasonable compromise if this is a stop-gap for something 3-4 years now when the team is ready to compete. I'd be really surprised if it's a full rebrand. These things take time and changes for the 2019 season were due in May.

Orange is dead. Long live orange,

- - - - - - - - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]207[/ATTACH]
              You may be right - if they're using the same Marlin, a "different M" could mean they just removed some of the 'layers' within the M (i.e., the orange and yellow become blue, for a solid blue ring around the white interior).

---

That said, it may be strange for them to rebrand this year, and then in a few years rebrand again? It's going to look like "oh things aren't working, change it again!"

I for one love those blue unis, and bought one....I've always wanted them to wear them.....I got Stanton put on mine....that was a mistake haha.

Comment

Logo was leaked and its Black,little teal and either burnt orange OR red

Looks like Milwaukee M with a marlin and different colors

Comment

I've seen that "leaked" logo and it's laughably bad.

Although, it must be the real thing, because who would take the time to create a fake Marlins logo and leak it?

Comment

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/10/...logo-for-2019/

Here is an article on the rumored leaked logo (I couldn't figure out how to post a picture..it keeps saying it's too big to post). The quality of the image makes it hard to tell the exact colors. It's definitely teal-ish. If it's even real, my initial reaction is that it is too dark. Perhaps this is just one version of it.

Comment

why would that logo be laughably bad?

Comment

only thing i would like to see in that logo is a little more teal if we are indeed going with that since it looks a little dark. Other than that it was exactly what i wanted- go back to the old school fish logo but with an updated M instead of the F.

Comment

Andy Slater says there are several logos under consideration:

http://slaterscoops.com/news/2018/10...d-one-is-legit

Craig Mish tweeted out other potential logos being considered.

Craig Mish

Verified account

@CraigMish
                          Following Following @CraigMish
                          More
                          Several options are being CONSIDERED for the Marlins new logo as @AndySlater reported. One was also posted on IG. MLB must approve 1st. Nothing official.
                          Pick a winner. @5ReasonsSports @SwingsAndMishes
                          Last edited by fauowls44; 10-17-2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Not sure about the red, but the one on the right looks better.

- - - - - - - - - -

I just think the one on the left, all the black just blends together, the accent colors are so sparse that you can barely make anything out.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              Not sure about the red, but the one on the right looks better.

- - - - - - - - - -

I just think the one on the left, all the black just blends together, the accent colors are so sparse that you can barely make anything out.
                              That i agree with. I like the logo and think it would be nicer with some teal splashed in there. I find it unlikely that we go pretty much full on black in the logo like that. In other news, i cant stand logo talk. Cant wait for hot takes from people who really dont care about the logo in any way, shape, or form.

- - - - - - - - - -

I also like the red one but dont see that ever being our choice. the red seems out of nowhere and not the direction we're going in color wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X