This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    Lee’s hooks are catching a lot of fish, if you will, today.
    On that note, I encourage you to read "Free Fish Friday" and my other novels. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JNO9KKU

If you ever played golf, check out "Once Upon a Tee Time". It's also baseball related. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N38RUAC

Comment

• You are a treasure Lee Stone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        You are a treasure Lee Stone.
        At age 69, I should be.

Comment

• The greatest of ages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
            At age 69, I should be.
            nice

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              nice
              nice

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkOtndaStzo

We all know the story but it's a really well done video.

Comment

• Here are a lot of words about the Stanton trade

https://trib.al/PpxvHGX
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    Here are a lot of words about the Stanton trade

https://trib.al/PpxvHGX
                    So after reading through this, and it was a lot of words for very little said, this is what I gathered.

1. Derek Jeter has a huge 'holier than thou' attitude that has pissed off teammates and his organizational management.

2. Mike Hill actually negotiated an improved deal at the last minute. Chase Headley for just 1 year over Castro would've made the trade look even worse than it already was.

3. The Yankees were bidding against themselves, they knew it and the Marlins knew it. Marlins tried to play hardball and Yankees never blinked.

4. GMs have become like every other person in society and are afraid to talk over the phone, only talk through text now.

5. Brian Cashman is very good at his job.

I think that covers it all. Saved you the 20 minute read.

Comment

• Mike Hill - kept around because he's a nice guy that distracts from his superiors' dickish behavior.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                        1. Derek Jeter has a huge 'holier than thou' attitude that has pissed off teammates and his organizational management.
                        Is this really surprising? This is a guy who despite spending his career being one of the worst defensive players at his position(some seasons being one of the worst defensive players period) won multiple gold gloves and had even the most routine plays show up on highlight reels.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Ya, I think jeter is smart and knows what he is doing along with Denbo but I think his history with the media in NY did not lead him to being ready to be the face of this franchise publicly during this rebuild. It's pretty clear he's used to saying nothing and having people not only agreeing with it but praising it. I dont know if thats something that cant be fixed or something he will learn from and grow into over time as the face of the front office here. I also dont think it very much matters apart from off the field noise.

It's always been simple here, win and people will come in droves, lose like we have and no one will ever come. We did need a makeover of the team in pretty much every aspect and I think we've significantly improved the overall organization in so many different areas, but thats still the end all be all down here and always will be. I really would love to see what the support for this team is if they have a 5 year run at the end of this of sustained winning.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by dim View Post
                          So after reading through this, and it was a lot of words for very little said, this is what I gathered.

2. Mike Hill actually negotiated an improved deal at the last minute. Chase Headley for just 1 year over Castro would've made the trade look even worse than it already was.

3. The Yankees were bidding against themselves, they knew it and the Marlins knew it. Marlins tried to play hardball and Yankees never blinked.

4. GMs have become like every other person in society and are afraid to talk over the phone, only talk through text now.

5. Brian Cashman is very good at his job.

I think that covers it all. Saved you the 20 minute read.
                          Brian cashman does not get enough credit for how great of a GM he is. Obviously he has tons of money to work with but that guy is phenomenal at his job.

Comment

• As mentioned, Jeters smugness is easily the worst aspect of him being the face of the Marlins.

It’s really hard to watch him be interviewed about the rebuild. The way he handled (or did not handle) the fallout from the Stanton trade is one of the biggest sports PR failures in South Florida history.

A rebuild was in order for sure. But year one was a giant stink bomb.

Comment

• No free admission for senior citizens at Marlins Park ... they get paid to play! The projected starting lineup is perhaps the oldest in all of baseball with an average age around 30. DJ promised a team built on speed and athleticism ... think again.
                              Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-28-2019, 06:10 AM.

Comment

• https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...228304879.html - Interesting read from a "veteran MLB scout"

TL;DR - In order of positive news

-Brian Anderson is a future all-star
                                -Sandy looks better, still has ace potential
                                -Pablo looks much better, stuff "not far behind" Sandy
                                -Alfaro and Diaz are probably "fine" starters moving forward
                                -Richards is a back of the rotation starter, needs a better 3rd pitch
                                -Dean might be a bench outfielder
                                -O'Brien and Cooper stink
                                -Brinson and Monte stink and spring training fastballs won't help them in regular season

No mentions of Ca. Smith, Urena, VVM, Neidert, relievers, etc.

There is a lot to like there besides the last line.

Comment

Working...
                                X