• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Realmuto Player 1-1B Alvarez
    Realmuto Player 2-SP Martin
    2019 # 1 Pick-C Langeliers OR SS CJ Abrams
    2019 # 2 Pick
    2019 IFA Cash

Don't forget 2019 Picks will be #4/#35-40/#44 so they could get 3 IMPACT players if play cards right. As for 2019 Cash-No clue yet. SS Puason is #1 but Oakland already got him

Unless its Robles they don't need anymore OF thru trades or the draft

U could also put the 2020 #1 Pick which will be Top 3 too
    No love for Alvarez here - who is more a LF than 1B at this point. There are other options at 1B.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
      I didn't know their "third" pick was going to be so high, so great. That's 5-6 great assets right there to really start filing out the team and creating prospect redundancy when failures happen. Also I was meaning the next yearly cycle for the "next" wave of assets. Not at 2020 yet but sure, that will be good too.

Oakland is signing ANOTHER SS also? Semien just dropped a 3.7 WAR, Barreto is a huge prospect, this new guy, and some real hope with Brito/Merrel who are at worst Osiris/Devers/Torress level prospect flyers.

That lines up great for a Realmuto trade to them, as they can base a trade off Murphy and a good arm, and there are many SS options. Love it.
      Yep we got #4 in 1st and 2nd Rds and we get a Supplemental #1 this year(December they draw) so 3 of TOP 45

Exactly on Oakland

Miami-Jesus Luzardo/Sean Murphy/1 of SS Barreto(ML Ready),Nick Allen,Kevin Merrell,Richie Martin/Grant Holmes OR James Kaprielian(Both were hurt LY)/Low Level Prospect
      Oakland-JT and Straily and/OR DD

Oakland and TB are PERFECT fits

Comment

Realmuto Player 1-1B Alvarez
        Realmuto Player 2-SP Martin
        2019 # 1 Pick-C Langeliers OR SS CJ Abrams
        2019 # 2 Pick
        2019 IFA Cash

Don't forget 2019 Picks will be #4/#35-40/#44 so they could get 3 IMPACT players if play cards right. As for 2019 Cash-No clue yet. SS Puason is #1 but Oakland already got him

Unless its Robles they don't need anymore OF thru trades or the draft

U could also put the 2020 #1 Pick which will be Top 3 too
        I would hope there's more improvement between now and then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
          No love for Alvarez here - who is more a LF than 1B at this point. There are other options at 1B.
          No love? Reason he was in LF was because they had AJ Reed 28HR 108RBI and JD Davis .342/17/81 at 1B in Fresno

U can ask for Reed or Davis as minor pieces but ill take Yordan Alvarez as the better long term prospect. He is 6'5 230lbs and is gonna be a 1B

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
          I would hope there's more improvement between now and then.
          I doubt it. 2020 was the target date which means 2019 season means NOTHING. Long as Baltimore and CWS dont tank like LY then Miami/KC/NYM should be fighting for Bottom 3 for 2019 which means Top 3 Pick in 2020

Comment

No love? Reason he was in LF was because they had AJ Reed 28HR 108RBI and JD Davis .342/17/81 at 1B in Fresno

U can ask for Reed or Davis as minor pieces but ill take Yordan Alvarez as the better long term prospect. He is 6'5 230lbs and is gonna be a 1B
            Until they figure out the top end of the rotation, and secure longterm C and SS options (as they theoretically have them with Diaz, Anderson, VVM, Brinson, Monte elsewhere), it's foolish to find a 1B. Who cares about 1B. It's the easiest position to find a Bour for free. A great Rule V option for this year to try that guy out with Cooper and O'Brien and see if one sticks.

Comment

- - - - - - - - - -

I doubt it. 2020 was the target date which means 2019 season means NOTHING. Long as Baltimore and CWS dont tank like LY then Miami/KC/NYM should be fighting for Bottom 3 for 2019 which means Top 3 Pick in 2020
              Whoops, I thought you meant being in the top (bottom) 3 in the 2020 season. Even so, if 2020 is they year, we'd need to see some improvement this year, even if it means nothing.

Comment

• "Miami/KC/NYM should be fighting for Bottom 3 for 2019"

Didn't the Mets have the best record in the NL East for the second half? Even w/o Cespedes?

We haven't mentioned Colorado. A package led by Brendan Rodgers could loom large.
                Last edited by Lee Stone; 10-31-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

"Miami/KC/NYM should be fighting for Bottom 3 for 2019"

Didn't the Mets have the best record in the NL East for the second half? Even w/o Cespedes?
                  Baltimore is also a disaster

Comment

• FWIW, I still think you put your offer on the table, and make them turn it down, not just taking their word for it before you even offer it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                      Until they figure out the top end of the rotation, and secure longterm C and SS options (as they theoretically have them with Diaz, Anderson, VVM, Brinson, Monte elsewhere), it's foolish to find a 1B. Who cares about 1B. It's the easiest position to find a Bour for free. A great Rule V option for this year to try that guy out with Cooper and O'Brien and see if one sticks.
                      Agreed I am talking about a Houston deal. They don't have C or SS options so BPA is 1B Alvarez

Oakland,Arizona,TB,LAD are the teams with C/SS/SP options. Colorado has a SS/SP option,Houston has 1B/SP,Washington has OF/SS option

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                      "Miami/KC/NYM should be fighting for Bottom 3 for 2019"

We haven't mentioned Colorado. A package led by Brendan Rodgers could loom large.
                      Brendan Rodgers/Peter Lambert/Tyler Nevin/Dom Nunez OR Tom Murphy and another prospect for JT and Urena would be great.Colorado has called on JT and Denbo has scouted their AFL guys(Col/Wash/Ariz are on Miami's AFL team) however Colorado has NOT have real talks with us

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
                      Baltimore is also a disaster
                      Not sure Baltimore is as bad as they were LY

I mentioned the NYM because talk is they might tear it all down. KC and Miami are gonna be fighting for #1 in 2020 Draft

Comment

I believe Grandal will get offers in the range of 3/$40M. Still interested??
                        You think he'll get that much? I don't. Based on free agency the last couple of years, I could see a deal somewhere between what the Rays gave Wilson Ramos (2/$12.5M) and the Nats gave Weiters (2/$21M).

Obviously I wouldn't go anywhere close to 3/$40M.

Comment

Agreed I am talking about a Houston deal. They don't have C or SS options so BPA is 1B Alvarez

Oakland,Arizona,TB,LAD are the teams with C/SS/SP options. Colorado has a SS/SP option,Houston has 1B/SP,Washington has OF/SS option

- - - - - - - - - -

Brendan Rodgers/Peter Lambert/Tyler Nevin/Dom Nunez OR Tom Murphy and another prospect for JT and Urena would be great.Colorado has called on JT and Denbo has scouted their AFL guys(Col/Wash/Ariz are on Miami's AFL team) however Colorado has NOT have real talks with us

- - - - - - - - - -

Not sure Baltimore is as bad as they were LY

I mentioned the NYM because talk is they might tear it all down. KC and Miami are gonna be fighting for #1 in 2020 Draft
                          Their new GM came out and said they won't be rebuilding, and instead are planning on adding free agents.....

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                            You think he'll get that much? I don't. Based on free agency the last couple of years, I could see a deal somewhere between what the Rays gave Wilson Ramos (2/$12.5M) and the Nats gave Weiters (2/$21M).

I think they go 2/16 with 2nd yr option but I think a team will go crazy and offer 3/30 or more because so many teams need a C

Probably end up with Max Stassi/Garrett Stubbs/John Ryan Murphy in a trade and sign a vet backup like Rene Rivera,Martin Maldonado,Jose Loboton. AJ Ellis,Jeff Mathis,Kurt Suzuki,Lucroy,Wilson Ramos are all FA but doubt any of them look our way

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                            Their new GM came out and said they won't be rebuilding, and instead are planning on adding free agents.....
                            Nevermind then. Didnt hear that-last I heard was tear down

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post

mlbtraderumors.com comes out with FA signing predictions on Friday. They seem to guess very well. 3/40 is only my guess.

Someone mentioned Arizona as a trade partner. Jazz Chisholm would be an intriguing future SS. A Nassau boy with a Dee Gordon personality and some real pop from the left side.

Comment

• The move is to just get a catcher in the jt deal. Especially if you deal with dodgers or astros

Comment

Working...
                                X