No announcement yet.

Opening Day Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, did they not add Wallach and Holaday to the 40-man? Remove one of them and put Van Slyke or Lee's favorite guy on the 40.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      Again, did they not add Wallach and Holaday to the 40-man? Remove one of them and put Van Slyke or Lee's favorite guy on the 40.
      Wallach was already on the 40 man. Holaday they added. Remember Mattingly likes his backup to be a vet all defense type which Holaday is

One of them will be removed by Monday with Trevor Richards getting the #5 spot

- - - - - - - - - -

Surprising they chose to 60 Day Graves. Guess they want a longer look at him. In years past this would have never happened because now the have to pay him

Also we got our Starting RF and #2 SP for $250,000 IFA Money and a low level SP. Great trade Denbo

- - - - - - - - - -

This lineup still should change. They have DFA claims on a few guys(I heard)

Could easily have 3 spots open-DFA Needy,DFA Telis,60 Day Chen

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post

Also we got our Starting RF and #2 SP for $250,000 IFA Money and a low level SP. Great trade Denbo
        If they aren't terrible.

I think it will still be a good trade, but Cooper strikes me as a solid bench bat, and Smith is not a lock for sticking in the rotation.

Comment

If they aren't terrible.

I think it will still be a good trade, but Cooper strikes me as a solid bench bat, and Smith is not a lock for sticking in the rotation.
          Even if they are terrible it was a great trade. Got 2 ML players for peanuts

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            Even if they are terrible it was a great trade. Got 2 ML players for peanuts
            That makes no sense. We got Hunter Cervenka for peanuts and it was still a bad trade. If we had given up nothing for Cashner and Rodney it would've still been a bad trade.

Comment

[QUOTE=¿NICK?;389371]If they aren't terrible.

I think it will still be a good trade, but Cooper strikes me as a solid bench bat, and Smith is not a lock for sticking in the rotation.[/QUOTS

Smith and Cooper have their warts (Smith's failure to look good against top shelf hitters and Cooper's lack of athleticism) but were worth the bother. Cooper is a reasonable backup in the event that Bour goes down. Smith might figure things out.

- - - - - - - - - -

That makes no sense. We got Hunter Cervenka for peanuts and it was still a bad trade. If we had given up nothing for Cashner and Rodney it would've still been a bad trade.
              Speaking of Rodney, our lost future star Chris Paddack is back from TJS and looking great.

Comment

Way too early review of the new broadcast guys: Severino seems likable, just weird to hear a new voice instead of Rich Waltz but thats not his fault and i think given time i'll come to like him. The hire of Gaby Sanchez as a new pregame guy is not good. Its also his first game so ill give him time, but id much rather have guys who have no marlins ties and are competent analysts and can make good points and add something to the broadcast rather than just appealing to memories of former marlins players who arent good broadcasters and dont add good analysis.

Also, Jessica Blaylock still sucks. I miss Allison Williams or at least Frank Forte or Minervini as the sideline guy. The occasional away ballpark tidbit/food update thing is good, but i also want to learn stuff and get some good tidbits from inside the team and actual stuff related to the on the field performance and she gives nothing.

Comment

Yep, it's a bitter pill for Galloway. Like Lee, he is a great fielder and speedy baserunner. He also led the entire Marlin team in hitting over the spring. Most significant, Galloway hit 7 dingers in just 75 AAA at bats last year. Lee has hit three in over 1400 minor league ab's.

Comment

Picking Gaby Sanchez as a link to the Marlins past is a weird choice as well. He did clothesline the hell out of Nyjer Morgan, but as far as memorability, I'd say that's about it. I do remember he got really terrible seemingly out of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                      Way too early review of the new broadcast guys: Severino seems likable, just weird to hear a new voice instead of Rich Waltz but thats not his fault and i think given time i'll come to like him. The hire of Gaby Sanchez as a new pregame guy is not good. Its also his first game so ill give him time, but id much rather have guys who have no marlins ties and are competent analysts and can make good points and add something to the broadcast rather than just appealing to memories of former marlins players who arent good broadcasters and dont add good analysis.

Also, Jessica Blaylock still sucks. I miss Allison Williams or at least Frank Forte or Minervini as the sideline guy. The occasional away ballpark tidbit/food update thing is good, but i also want to learn stuff and get some good tidbits from inside the team and actual stuff related to the on the field performance and she gives nothing.
                      Allison W. was excellent!

Comment

Picking Gaby Sanchez as a link to the Marlins past is a weird choice as well. He did clothesline the hell out of Nyjer Morgan, but as far as memorability, I'd say that's about it. I do remember he got really terrible seemingly out of nowhere.
                        agreed but theres probably a few things that go into it such as him being hispanic but speaks english very well, being a miami kid who went to UM, and the fact that he didnt play here too long ago but is also out of baseball now.

That clothesline was something special though. Also Nyjer Morgan was a complete jackass.

- - - - - - - - - -

So just looking at the opening day roster and figuring out who goes down when people come back:

JT for Holaday or Wallach.
                        Riddle for Rivera.
                        Straily for Jarlin so that Jarlin can start in the minors.
                        Hernandez for either O'Grady or Peters depending on how Peters performs in his first few starts compared to how he looked in the spring.
                        Wittgren for Turner?
                        The thing for me is that there doesnt seem to be a guy to go down for Prado. But all i can think of is Prado comes up and we send down one of the three catchers and just go with the conventional 2 catchers.

Either way, for an already depleted and bad roster to begin with these injuries make it look so much worse for the first week or 2.

Comment

After DJ Khalid's performance, there may be no one left in the stadium to watch the game.

Comment

Working...
                          X