No announcement yet.

Opening Day Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galloway will be a nice story September call up if he does well.

If he's up before then, something real bad happened.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    I hope Sierra spends the entire year or at least until August/September in the minors. His bat needs time to develop given that he cant make up for lack of experience with pure power. I hate that the cardinals fucked with his development last year by keeping him on the team as essentially a pinch runner for a long time when they already had a ton of OF depth in the organization.
    I don't think a few weeks fucks with one's development. Especially with how epic the Cardinals are with developing guys.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
      Galloway will be a nice story September call up if he does well.

If he's up before then, something real bad happened.

- - - - - - - - - -

I don't think a few weeks fucks with one's development. Especially with how epic the Cardinals are with developing guys.
      Fucking with his development was probably too strong, but i just dont see why they called him up when he hadnt been past the FSL and his bat wasnt ready. Moreso complaining about him not getting the amount of AB's he should have got over the course of the year given his age and experience and their prospect OF depth then complaining about his development being severely hampered.

Comment

Fucking with his development was probably too strong, but i just dont see why they called him up when he hadnt been past the FSL and his bat wasnt ready. Moreso complaining about him not getting the amount of AB's he should have got over the course of the year given his age and experience and their prospect OF depth then complaining about his development being severely hampered.
        He can legit get 550 PA this year (which he had in 2016). He'll get his.

Only development jam I see is they have a ton of guys who should get innings at the MLB/AAA/AA levels and not enough games. It'll probably sort itself out with performance, turning guys into relievers, and injuries, but that could be a little annoying if some guys are getting 25-30 less IP just because they have so many fringe arms they need to work out right now. I suspect it'll be alright though as they'll give priority to the better ones. Basically - Good luck Ben Meyer! Prove Lee right!

Comment

By the time Braxton Lee and Sierra reach readiness, Brian Miller may be better than both

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
            By the time Braxton Lee and Sierra reach readiness, Brian Miller may be better than both
            that's not a surprise, miller was a guy who was drafted out of college and was supposed to be a quick mover. he's also older than Sierra.

Comment

clarkspencer

Verified account

@clarkspencer
              7m7 minutes ago
              More
              Conley, Van Slyke and Mooney are not here, which would suggest they won’t be on Opening Day roster. Richards and Riviera are here, so hmmm.
              This is fucking weird, especially Van Slyke. Gotta think he's on the team and that's just a mistake. Richards seems to have made the rotation though at least to start. I think he'll struggle a little, but still a great story.

Comment

I thought we've known for some time that Conley wasn't making the team.

Comment

Cooper and Van Slyke overlap since Cooper won’t be starting. Would have actually preferred Cooper to get the stars in RF over Maybin but 3 milli is 3 milli. I only liked Maybin signing if Brinson started in AAA but now it’s just whatever.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

This is fucking weird, especially Van Slyke. Gotta think he's on the team and that's just a mistake. Richards seems to have made the rotation though at least to start. I think he'll struggle a little, but still a great story.
                    Well Conley isn't weird. I keep hearing they are actually trying to trade him for something. As for SVS,Cooper does the same stuff as him so no clue. Rivera was in a battle with Mooney and Adames. Feeling was Mooney and Adames had inside track since left handed bats. Maybe they keep Rivera AND Adames? Both can play 2B.SS,3B and OF

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
                      Cooper and Van Slyke overlap since Cooper won’t be starting. Would have actually preferred Cooper to get the stars in RF over Maybin but 3 milli is 3 milli. I only liked Maybin signing if Brinson started in AAA but now it’s just whatever.
                      Agreed, Brinson making the team makes the Maybin signing stupid.

Comment

Exactly Cooper is a younger SVS plus Telis and Wallach can also play 1B. Probably went with Rivera(another UT guy) instead of SVS. Which means AAA OF gets stronger(Lee/Sierra/SVS/Galloway/Norwood) and ML OF is

LF-Maybin/Cooper/Rivera
                        CF-Brinson/Maybin
                        RF-DD/Cooper/Maybin

- - - - - - - - - -

Richards is interesting since he is not on 40 man/Turner has made the team and would likely mean Prado and Chen go on 60 Day since 40 man is already full unless they are DFA or trading Conley?
                        Last edited by tjfla; 03-27-2018, 10:17 AM.

Comment

You're right actually, i completely forgot that we had maybin too for a second so i guess we're just not gonna carry 2 bench OF's and Cooper will just be the 4th OF and backup 1b. I was operating under the impression that we hadnt signed maybin and that we would carry Cooper/Van Slyke with one starting and the other as the 4th OF. brain fart.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                          Agreed, Brinson making the team makes the Maybin signing stupid.
                          ehh, maybe the idea was to not have to have Sierra or Lee on the ML roster to start the year. Agreed that Brinson making the team is stupid though.

Frisaro says Jarlin Garcia is still there too which means he might be another rotation guy. Straily when he comes back, Urena, Despaigne, Smith, and Jarlin?

- - - - - - - - - -

Now official that smith starts game 2 and Despaigne game 3.

Comment

You're right actually, i completely forgot that we had maybin too for a second so i guess we're just not gonna carry 2 bench OF's and Cooper will just be the 4th OF and backup 1b. I was operating under the impression that we hadnt signed maybin and that we would carry Cooper/Van Slyke with one starting and the other as the 4th OF. brain fart.

- - - - - - - - - -

ehh, maybe the idea was to not have to have Sierra or Lee on the ML roster to start the year. Agreed that Brinson making the team is stupid though.

Frisaro says Jarlin Garcia is still there too which means he might be another rotation guy. Straily when he comes back, Urena, Despaigne, Smith, and Jarlin?
                            The idea was to start Anderson and Brinson in AAA. Prado gets hurt so Anderson stays. Brinson killing the ball so hard to send him down.

Elieser is the #5 SP when he comes back. They love him however he missed 10 days with wisdom teeth so trying to get him back on rotation

They should just let Jarlin be lefty in pen and move O'Grady to rotation

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              The idea was to start Anderson and Brinson in AAA. Prado gets hurt so Anderson stays. Brinson killing the ball so hard to send him down.

Elieser is the #5 SP when he comes back. They love him however he missed 10 days with wisdom teeth so trying to get him back on rotation

They should just let Jarlin be lefty in pen and move O'Grady to rotation
                              Nah Jarlin needs to be given the opportunity to at least try to become a starter at the ML level. No sense in not trying to allow him to at least see what he can do. O'Grady is mere organizational filler. If Jarlin struggles just send him down and then you could put O'Grady in there.

- - - - - - - - - -

I also like the idea of giving Elieser a couple starts at AA and AAA as a "rehab" before they bring him up just to give him more experience considering he hadnt pitched above A+ ball.

Comment

Maybe they go

Urena/Smith/Despaigne/Richards/Elieser(dont need 5th SP yet)

O'Grady/Jarlin/Turner/Steck/Taz/Bearclaw/Ziegler/Guerrero
                                Last edited by tjfla; 03-27-2018, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X