No announcement yet.

2018 Spring Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random question but i cant remember and seeing Graves struggle early on today made me think of the possibility- did we have any players taken in the rule 5 draft from us and thus may be getting them back if they dont make the team they were taken by?

- - - - - - - - - -

Now seeing kinley. he hasnt pitched well for the twins so we'll likely be getting him back.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      random question but i cant remember and seeing Graves struggle early on today made me think of the possibility- did we have any players taken in the rule 5 draft from us and thus may be getting them back if they dont make the team they were taken by?

- - - - - - - - - -

Now seeing kinley. he hasnt pitched well for the twins so we'll likely be getting him back.
      We took Graves and Elieser and Minnesota took Kinley. I wouldn't mind if the Twins offered us IFA cash or a low level prospect for his rights. He is Brian Ellington with worse control(I know hard to believe)

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        Said this before during drafts when I've talked about players. When it comes to prep guys I know nothing. I don't follow HS baseball at all except for what I see in scouting reports. But I am a big big college baseball fan.
        You going to the UF-UCF game tonight, David?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          We took Graves and Elieser and Minnesota took Kinley. I wouldn't mind if the Twins offered us IFA cash or a low level prospect for his rights. He is Brian Ellington with worse control(I know hard to believe)
          Graves just left the game with an injury and he wasnt gonna make the team anyway, so he's gone. Im skeptical as to whether the marlins keep Hernandez on the roster just so they dont lose him for nothing. Looks promising but he's barely pitched above A ball. Maybe just stash him in the bullpen for the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
            Graves just left the game with an injury and he wasnt gonna make the team anyway, so he's gone. Im skeptical as to whether the marlins keep Hernandez on the roster just so they dont lose him for nothing. Looks promising but he's barely pitched above A ball. Maybe just stash him in the bullpen for the year.
            Elieser I would keep around and looks more like a RP than SP.

I could see us trying to work out a deal with Houston(they like DSL guys) and if not we would probably still keep him as 13th arm

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
              Elieser I would keep around and looks more like a RP than SP.

I could see us trying to work out a deal with Houston(they like DSL guys) and if not we would probably still keep him as 13th arm
              I would like to keep Hernandez too. This team badly needs to sign a veteran starter that can eat innings though.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                I would like to keep Hernandez too. This team badly needs to sign a veteran starter that can eat innings though.
                They got offers out to multiple vet SP. Problem is 3 guys holding it all up-Arrietta/Cobb/Lynn. Guys like Nolasco/Hellickson/Cahill/Ubaldo don't wanna sign with us if they can sign with a contender and contenders dont want Hellickson if they can get a top guy

When the top guys sign the others will fall. Offers we got are like 1/3.5 plus incentives

Comment

• Brinson: Long Ball.

Comment

• Observations from yesterday's trip to Ball Park at the Palm Beaches.

Peters, Meyer, and Richards all throw 93 and looked good on the mound. Galloway, who isn't talked about much, looks fantastic on the field and deserves some serious looks this spring. Isan Diaz hit opposite field with good result. Huge disappointment was Harrison, who I was most looking forward to seeing. Bases loaded and one out, he looked at five straight pitches, the last for strike three. Next at bat, leading off, flailed miserably at three straight offspeed pitches for another K. Misjudged a fly to shallow center and had it drop for a little league base hit. And then today I was listening to the car radio when Monte made the final out of the game trying to steal third!

On the Sierra discussion: I like Lee better at this point. I'd play Galloway over both of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      You going to the UF-UCF game tonight, David?
                      Unfortunately just like last year I had something going on (I teach afternoon classes to seniors at Rollins once a week). Though I ended up not being super bummed to miss out on this game. Maybe next year.

Did you go?
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        Unfortunately just like last year I had something going on (I teach afternoon classes to seniors at Rollins once a week). Though I ended up not being super bummed to miss out on this game. Maybe next year.

Did you go?
                        I did not, I usually go for UCF-UF game, but my wife was working and the other folks I go with couldn't make it, I considered going by myself but I had things I had to do around the house after work anyway. They've got Miami coming in next week, I'll probably try to make it to that one, and hopefully a lot more once Conference play starts, living 10 minutes from the stadium I have no excuse, and seems like they've got a good team this year.

Comment

• I still haven't been to a UCF baseball game. Hate trying to get over there, it's like just far enough to be a pain but just close enough to be a realistic option
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Gonna be tough to keep Isaac Galloway off the team if he keeps hitting like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              Gonna be tough to keep Isaac Galloway off the team if he keeps hitting like this.
                              He's a really good story, great fielder, base stealer, and I'm rooting for him big time. He and Brinson are ready to contribute. Few seemed to notice how well Galloway hit last year at AAA in limited time. Since the team has already paid for a season of Maybin (which I don't understand!), they can line up Galloway, Brinson and Maybin every day in any OF spot. The Dietrich in the OF business baffles me. His bat isn't all that good and his OF defense is marginal at best. Each day I look at the lineup, expecting to see Castro at SS and DD at second base.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                                He's a really good story, great fielder, base stealer, and I'm rooting for him big time. He and Brinson are ready to contribute. Few seemed to notice how well Galloway hit last year at AAA in limited time. Since the team has already paid for a season of Maybin (which I don't understand!), they can line up Galloway, Brinson and Maybin every day in any OF spot. The Dietrich in the OF business baffles me. His bat isn't all that good and his OF defense is marginal at best. Each day I look at the lineup, expecting to see Castro at SS and DD at second base.
                                You need to understand service time and the benefits to keeping guys down for a few months to start the year. Dietrich has a pretty solid bat and a lot of what they will (or at least should be doing) in the first few months is have guys establish some trade value, let service time roll over for another year, and then trade guys and then go to the prospects the last 2-3 months of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X