No announcement yet.

2018 Spring Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neidert didnt pitch today neither did Merandy. Conley looked like shit and Brian Ellington did what Brian Ellington always does and didnt throw strikes. Id be cool with the team moving on from him. He wont ever put it together and bullpen guys who cant throw strikes drive me insane.

Comment

• Ball Park at the Palm Beaches for me today! Peters, Ogrady, Despaigne, Hernandez, Richards and Meyer on the docket vs. Astros. Heck, there's a whole starting rotation there as far as I'm concerned. Will report after.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
        Neidert didnt pitch today neither did Merandy. Conley looked like shit and Brian Ellington did what Brian Ellington always does and didnt throw strikes. Id be cool with the team moving on from him. He wont ever put it together and bullpen guys who cant throw strikes drive me insane.
        First Casuality of 2018 and its Brian Ellington. Shoulder was reason he looked like shit and MRI on it today-never good for someone who throw 100+

Both of them were on the docket and according to box score Merandy pitched the 8th

- - - - - - - - - -

In JT news.

They are still looking to move him but nothing is close with either Washington or Houston. Hope is a ML starter gets hurt or team needs a C and overpay closer to the deadline. We have 10 guys who "could" be moved by then-most can be had for low level prospects while JT/Bour/DD/Bearclaw will cost more. FO is still looking to build depth in the system
        Last edited by tjfla; 03-05-2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• I was at the game yesterday. Didn't realize Merandy pitched. Severino Gonzalez faced one batter and finished the 7th. I saw Gonzalez again in the 8th, just assumed it was still Severino.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
            I was at the game yesterday. Didn't realize Merandy pitched. Severino Gonzalez faced one batter and finished the 7th. I saw Gonzalez again in the 8th, just assumed it was still Severino.
            May have been? I am just saying what the box score says. S.Gonzalez 0.1 and M.Gonzalez 1.0. Its ST so they might have screwed up?

Merandy and Neidert were on the docket however

Comment

• It could very well have been Merandy, probably was.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                May have been? I am just saying what the box score says. S.Gonzalez 0.1 and M.Gonzalez 1.0. Its ST so they might have screwed up?

Merandy and Neidert were on the docket however
                i think the box score was screwed up at least for a time yesterday because at first it didnt say that merandy pitched. Might have been confused by the 2 straight gonzalez's and thought it was the same guy.

Comment

• Ellington shut down with bicep tendinitis. Rest for weeks-alot better than MRI on shoulder
                  Last edited by tjfla; 03-05-2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Really getting scared that Dillon Peters is not healthy. Second straight appearance where he cant throw strikes. game just started but he's only gotten 2 outs and has 3 walks and has thrown 16 pitches and only 4 strikes. Id rather see him being hit hard than not being able to throw strikes.

- - - - - - - - - -

clarkspencer

Verified account

@clarkspencer
                    6s6 seconds ago
                    More
                    Strike zone command again eluding Dillon Peters. Walked three and threw only 9 of 28 pitches for strikes in 1st inning today. Previous outing: 4 walks in 1/3 inning.
                    Not good at all. He's gotta be hurt some way.

Comment

• Mags sierra continues to impress. RBI single off Keuchel who was off today. He'll never hit for power but sierra can be a really good player with his defensive tools if he can OPS around .750 and I think his hitting ability has been severely underrated simply because of his lack of power. He's actually hit fairly well among multiple levels despite being young for leagues contrary to what people who are just reading second hand reports on him are saying. That and whenever he's struggled at a level he's come back the next year and severely improved.

I wish he didnt waste development time last year as a bench guy for the cards though. Given their OF depth in their system im still really confused as to why they called him up multiple times last year aside from maybe them liking his defensive replacement and speed off the bench while other guys were injured.

Comment

• Prado and Riddle are questionable to be ready for Opening Day. They aren't gonna rush anyone either

Comment

• thats further bad news for the keep Brinson and Anderson down group.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                            Mags sierra continues to impress. RBI single off Keuchel who was off today. He'll never hit for power but sierra can be a really good player with his defensive tools if he can OPS around .750 and I think his hitting ability has been severely underrated simply because of his lack of power. He's actually hit fairly well among multiple levels despite being young for leagues contrary to what people who are just reading second hand reports on him are saying. That and whenever he's struggled at a level he's come back the next year and severely improved.

I wish he didnt waste development time last year as a bench guy for the cards though. Given their OF depth in their system im still really confused as to why they called him up multiple times last year aside from maybe them liking his defensive replacement and speed off the bench while other guys were injured.
                            Who?? Last I heard Sierra best case was a 4th OF

Thats is his scouting report-Leadoff hitter who could lead the league in SB and win a gold glove in CF. Can hit but NO power.

I think he needs till about August to be ready for the majors but should be the 2019 Opening Day CF with Brinson over to RF. OF can be Harrison/Sierra/Brinson with Lee OR if Brian Miller shows ALOT u go with Miller/Sierra/Harrison with Lee and move Brinson to 1B

- - - - - - - - - -

FO shouldn't be worrying about any of that right now. Just keep adding talent thru trades,Draft and IFA. Be as bad as possible in 2018 and 2019 while not screwing up guys ML time

Comment

• I fully agree if Sierra can put up a .750 OPS he'll be a very productive major league player. I just don't see how you could expect that when he hasn't been able to achieve a .750 OPS above Rookie Ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Who?? Last I heard Sierra best case was a 4th OF

Thats is his scouting report-Leadoff hitter who could lead the league in SB and win a gold glove in CF. Can hit but NO power.

I think he needs till about August to be ready for the majors but should be the 2019 Opening Day CF with Brinson over to RF. OF can be Harrison/Sierra/Brinson with Lee OR if Brian Miller shows ALOT u go with Miller/Sierra/Harrison with Lee and move Brinson to 1B

- - - - - - - - - -

FO shouldn't be worrying about any of that right now. Just keep adding talent thru trades,Draft and IFA. Be as bad as possible in 2018 and 2019 while not screwing up guys ML time
                                I never was in the Sierra is a 4th OF camp.

Comment

Working...
                                X