Clear All

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
    None of what tjfla is posting is true.
    U are Very true

Comment

• #GOTEM
      poop

Comment

• Am I the only one that doesn't see the big deal in Trumbo?

He's not young (28 next season), arbitration eligible (so only 3 years of control and they'll be expensive due to HR numbers), and not very good (114 career OPS+, 109 OPS+ last year).

I mean, he's better than Lomo sure (because that's so hard), but he's not all that good of a player. He's basically the definition of average for a 1b.

If he was cheaper/controlled for more years, I'd like him a lot more. But his arb #'s are gonna be big with those HRs.

Comment

• No interest in Trumbo.

Would like Castro and have him rock RHP if they could get him for Morrison and name your SP.

Comment

• Per Marlins.com via Rotoworld:

Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports that the Marlins have reached out to Juan Uribe about playing third base or first.
            Frisaro says Uribe is one of the names on the Marlins' list as they attempt to find a "proven run producer." The 34-year-old surprised this past season by hitting .278/.331/.438 with 12 homers over 132 games. He's said to be looking for a three-year deal and could wind up back with the Dodger
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• besides the OF, 1B is the last position we need to upgrade. I don't understand the fascination with replacing LoMo when we're trotting out Solanos and Hechavarrias and Brantlys (Brantlies?)
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• That is the main reason why we havent agreed to a deal yet-we have offered Uribe a 2 year deal while he is looking for a 3 yr deal or an offer from a contender

We have been talking to vet SP as well-Jason Vargas is 1 name I have heard.

Look for us to stay quiet on the FA market however very active on the Cuban Market. We have talked about 3 or 4 already and are more interested in them at this moment. Catcher Yenier Bello,RP Raciel Iglesias,SP Rogelio Armenteros are ones we like

Comment

• Uribe on a 2 year deal would be bad.

and lolprovenrunproducer

but he'd be nice at 3b on a one year deal
                  --------------------
                  Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  besides the OF, 1B is the last position we need to upgrade. I don't understand the fascination with replacing LoMo when we're trotting out Solanos and Hechavarrias and Brantlys (Brantlies?)
                  It's also weird that they want Uribe at first. Dude is an outstanding defender at third. And he has a career OPS+ of 85. wut

If they sign him and put him at 1b and not 3b I'm all the way to the bank
                  Last edited by nny; 11-20-2013, 05:01 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                    Uribe on a 2 year deal would be bad.

and lolprovenrunproducer

but he'd be nice at 3b on a one year deal
                    --------------------

It's also weird that they want Uribe at first. Dude is an outstanding defender at third. And he has a career OPS+ of 85. wut

If they sign him and put him at 1b and not 3b I'm all the way to the bank
                    To be fair, the source is not a real source.

Edit: Apparently the 1B part is from Frisaro too. Lol if they replace Morrison with Uribe, that'd be terrible. If anything, he should play 3B and some 2B, not 1B.
                    Last edited by Erick; 11-20-2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      To be fair, the source is not a real source.

Edit: Apparently the 1B part is from Frisaro too. Lol if they replace Morrison with Uribe, that'd be terrible. If anything, he should play 3B and some 2B, not 1B.
                      Exactly. I've seen a few sites mocking the Marlins about the "Uribe/proven run producer" line and I'm not sure why (other than it's the Marlins and they're an easy target). That's just what Frisaro wrote, not a quote from the Marlins.

Comment

• this will only end in tears

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                          this will only end in tears
                          Or a pile.. Will always have the season will end in a pile

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            That is the main reason why we havent agreed to a deal yet-we have offered Uribe a 2 year deal while he is looking for a 3 yr deal or an offer from a contender

We have been talking to vet SP as well-Jason Vargas is 1 name I have heard.

Look for us to stay quiet on the FA market however very active on the Cuban Market. We have talked about 3 or 4 already and are more interested in them at this moment. Catcher Yenier Bello,RP Raciel Iglesias,SP Rogelio Armenteros are ones we like
                            Who do you predict is the starting catcher next year based on what you've heard?

Comment

• Big Z asking tj questions always makes me laugh.

Thanks for brightening my morning, guy.

Comment

• I hope TJFLA is right about Yenier Bello. Don't think he'll be a star, but should be an upgrade over what we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X