No announcement yet.

Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Frisaro said-Eovaldi is not on the block. The thought is even if he can't be a SP he would be a great power arm and since he is controlled they have no desire to give him up.

Alvarez can be had however most teams arent really on him. We keep dangling him to LAA but they still are not high on him

I mentioned Jason Castro yesterday but many of u have said why would Houston deal him-the answer was talked about today so I will say it. Houston and Miami have had talks about a LoMo/Castro deal however both teams are talking to other teams as well about both guys. Houston is willing to deal him because they realize they can get useful stuff for him plus are high on Stassi. They would rather have LoMo(or something else) and Stassi at Catcher then Castro at Catcher and ?.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Like Frisaro said-Eovaldi is not on the block. The thought is even if he can't be a SP he would be a great power arm and since he is controlled they have no desire to give him up.

Alvarez can be had however most teams arent really on him. We keep dangling him to LAA but they still are not high on him

I mentioned Jason Castro yesterday but many of u have said why would Houston deal him-the answer was talked about today so I will say it. Houston and Miami have had talks about a LoMo/Castro deal however both teams are talking to other teams as well about both guys. Houston is willing to deal him because they realize they can get useful stuff for him plus are high on Stassi. They would rather have LoMo(or something else) and Stassi at Catcher then Castro at Catcher and ?.
      If they trade LoMo before acquiring a 1B, then they have an empty hole at 1B. What's the plan in this instance if Trumbo fails to happen?

Comment

If Jason Castro is being offered to the Marlins for LoMo, I'd do that deal and worry about 1B later.

Comment

I'm a little surprised that the Marlins and other teams value Eovaldi that much more than Alvarez. I know 100mph fastballs don't grow on trees, but I think Alvarez might be the better pitcher when it's all said and done.

I would do a LoMo for Castro deal for sure. They're both in kind of a similar spot and it's much easier to find a 1B than it is to find a catcher. Knowing our luck though, Castro will flop and LoMo will realize his potential and stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
            I'm a little surprised that the Marlins and other teams value Eovaldi that much more than Alvarez. I know 100mph fastballs don't grow on trees, but I think Alvarez might be the better pitcher when it's all said and done.
            Naw, I like Eovaldi more in the longterm. If he can figure out his secondary stuff, he is going to be a good pitcher. Alvarez is too dependent on his defense and I doubt he'll be as lucky as last season on homers again.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post

Castro at 1st base and Stassi at catcher is better than LoMo and Stassi.

Castro .276/.350/.485
              LoMo .242/.333/.375

keep dreaming

"hey lets downgrade our team a whole bunch, just cause fuck it" - Astros GM
              --------------------
              what other position players are we gonna trade for players who are way better than them tj?
              --------------------
              maybe we could get David Freese for Donovan Solano
              Last edited by HUGG; 11-15-2013, 01:39 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                Naw, I like Eovaldi more in the longterm. If he can figure out his secondary stuff, he is going to be a good pitcher. Alvarez is too dependent on his defense and I doubt he'll be as lucky as last season on homers again.
                Maybe, I like ground ball pitchers. They aren't as flashy, but they tend to get the job done with good longevity. Either way I don't think you can say with great certainty which one will be better. That's why it's a little surprising that Eovaldi seems to be valued much higher.

Comment

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                  Maybe, I like ground ball pitchers. They aren't as flashy, but they tend to get the job done with good longevity. Either way I don't think you can say with great certainty which one will be better. That's why it's a little surprising that Eovaldi seems to be valued much higher.
                  Simple, one guy has to stuff to miss bats while the other doesn't. That's really all it comes down to when looking at young arms, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                    Castro at 1st base and Stassi at catcher is better than LoMo and Stassi.

Castro .276/.350/.485
                    LoMo .242/.333/.375

keep dreaming

"hey lets downgrade our team a whole bunch, just cause fuck it" - Astros GM
                    --------------------
                    what other position players are we gonna trade for players who are way better than them tj?
                    --------------------
                    maybe we could get David Freese for Donovan Solano
                    I am not saying it would be a straight up deal,its just something they both have discussed to help both teams. Houston is looking for a 1B and asked about LoMo which we mentioned Castro. Teams actually like LoMo however his value is low around the league while we still have a high value on him. A few AL teams asked about him at the deadline(Seattle I know was 1) but only were offering mid level prospects

As for if LoMo got traded who would be at 1B-Dobbs,cheap minor league signing,or even Stanton. While they have said Stanton would be in RF,alot of people think he would do good at 1B and also let us do a Yelich-Marisnick-Ozuna OF

Eovaldi is valued more by alot of teams as well as us. If LAA called and said Trumbo for a young arm named Henderson Alvarez it would be a done deal however when we ask about him the names include Eovaldi,Nicolino,Heaney and even Turner none of which we would move for him. Better yet if any team called and wanted Alvarez for a young ML bat we would probably trade him. The issue is the 4/5 names teams want are not ones we are willing to deal
                    Last edited by tjfla; 11-15-2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      I am not saying it would be a straight up deal,its just something they both have discussed to help both teams. Houston is looking for a 1B and asked about LoMo which we mentioned Castro. Teams actually like LoMo however his value is low around the league while we still have a high value on him. A few AL teams asked about him at the deadline(Seattle I know was 1) but only were offering mid level prospects

As for if LoMo got traded who would be at 1B-Dobbs,cheap minor league signing,or even Stanton. While they have said Stanton would be in RF,alot of people think he would do good at 1B and also let us do a Yelich-Marisnick-Ozuna OF

Eovaldi is valued more by alot of teams as well as us. If LAA called and said Trumbo for a young arm named Henderson Alvarez it would be a done deal however when we ask about him the names include Eovaldi,Nicolino,Heaney and even Turner none of which we would move for him. Better yet if any team called and wanted Alvarez for a young ML bat we would probably trade him. The issue is the 4/5 names teams want are not ones we are willing to deal
                      Couple of things:

1. Moving Stanton to 1B would shoot Stanton's value down hard.

2. Frisaro said in his article that the Marlins prefer to move Turner for someone like Trumbo.

Comment

• None of what tjfla is posting is true.

Comment

• I just read that the Rays are searching for a 1B and my first thought was LoMo holding the World Series MVP Trophy with Joe Maddon on his side...

Comment

• Teams actually like LoMo however his value is low around the league
                            Yeah

Comment

• @MattEddyBA: #Marlins sign minor league free agent SS Juan Diaz, late of the #Indians system and one of my picks to click from FA class.
                              Twitter

We've got our guy, boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post

It would be very frustrating if the Marlins turned down an offer of Trumbo for Nicolino or Turner.

Comment

Working...
                                X