• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I googled Queef Law twitter

Got Georgia O'Queef and Queef Olberman

Comment

• hahaha Queef Olbermann is MSNBCDoucheBag
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I heard that Alvarez's next start is scheduled for Wednesday and it appears he's ready to come up.

Maybe the Nolasco deadline is Wednesday?

Comment

• Maybe the FO just wanted Alvarez in-line with Ricky's schedule so that he can slot in easily anytime between now and July 31.
          Sanchez life

Comment

• looks like Ricky may have 1 more start in a Marlins uni.

News: Turner is likely to have his next start pushed back to Friday, according to Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun Sentinel. (Mon Jul 1)

Spin: Henderson Alvarez (shoulder) has been slated to make his season debut Thursday in Atlanta -- Turner's regular spot in the rotation -- so it is assumed that Turner will be bumped back one day. Turner tossed his first career shutout Saturday versus the Padres and has been nothing short of fantastic since being called up this season, posting a 1.76 ERA and 1.01 WHIP over 41.0 innings pitched for the Marlins.
            http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/30526/jacob-turner
            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• OK, so if we don't trade Ricky by Thursday, who will we send down? The obvious choice would be Koehler, but assuming we trade Ricky in the next few days, we would need a starter and wouldn't be able to call Koehler back up for 10 days. So I would guess one of Qualls, Slowly, DJ or Ramos?
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                OK, so if we don't trade Ricky by Thursday, who will we send down? The obvious choice would be Koehler, but assuming we trade Ricky in the next few days, we would need a starter and wouldn't be able to call Koehler back up for 10 days. So I would guess one of Qualls, Slowly, DJ or Ramos?
                Release Polanco

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  Release Polanco
                  Makes too much sense. It's Wes Helms all over again

Comment

• @ChrisCotillo: As @grantfoster7 points out, #Marlins and #Rangers have been talking Nolasco deal and now have made a trade involving intl cap space.
                    Twitter

Not sure how cap space trades work. Should we expect something in return?

Comment

• They had $1.9 million in IFA cap and just spent $3.1 million on 2 players, so looks like a substantial amount.

Comment

• I was looking up the rules of trading international cap space an found this, per Baseball America:

Teams are not allowed to include cash considerations in a trade for slot values, unless that cash consideration is used to offset the salary a team is taking on for a player involved in the trade. That means the Rangers couldn’t just agree to pay the Rockies $456,400 (or any other amount) for the No. 33 overall slot value. But if the Rockies traded a major leaguer to the Rangers and agreed to send Texas the No. 33 slot value as part of the deal, cash considerations could be included in the transaction, pending the commissioner’s approval.
                        Rangers had been in contact with us about Ricky. Maybe there's something on the horizon.

Comment

• 9:11am: The Rangers acquired pool money from the Marlins, tweets Soldevila. The Marlins have the sixth-largest pool at $3,395,200, and were expected to be willing to part with some of it. The Rangers can acquire up to half of their pool amount, which comes to $971,350, but they have to do it by acquiring slot values. If the Rangers went less than 5% over their pool they'll be subject to a 75% tax on the overage; the penalties increase from there.
                          http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...-yrizarri.html

Comment

• So Nolasco and Pool Money for Prospects? Am I understanding correctly?

Comment

• That is a possibility, but there's no guarantee Nolasco is involved in this deal.
                              --------------------
                              We likely sent them the bottom 3 of our 4 slots:

36 Marlins $438,800
                              66 Marlins $296,300
                              96 Marlins $197,000

$932,100
                              Last edited by HUGG; 07-02-2013, 10:14 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Someone on twitter said that not only does a player have to come back to the Marlins, the slot money amount sent to the Rangers has to cover his salary. That doesn't seem right though. Anyone know anything about that?
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X