No announcement yet.

2013 Trade Deadline Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redmond has said they will not be doing a 6-man rotation already. I think they'll send Koehler down and if they deal Nolasco before they can recall Koehler, they'll call someone else up to make 1 start (Dyson is on the 40 for example).

Comment

• I don't get why they would be opposed to having a 6-man rotation, really.
      poop

Comment

• Another option in that scenario would be to just let Slowey make a spot start.

Comment

• Jesus, are you trying to lose?

Comment

• Here’s my question: Why are the Marlins so hung up on saving money?

LOL

Comment

• You'd think after all these years writers would start to understand Loria's MO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                I don't really get why they'd look foolish if he starts Wednesday. They can go with a six-man rotation for four weeks and stretch out Jose Fernandez's season by a couple days.
                May have something to do with Fernandez, but probably not. I remember back in 2007 when Dontrelle was brutal at the end they were determined for him to start every fifth day even if it meant shuffling the rotation because of an off day.
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I don't fundamentally have a problem with a 6-man rotation (other than it shortens our bench or gives us one less bullpen arm), but I don't really see what motivation we have to have to keep Koehler in the rotation (4.99era 57.2ip 56ha 32er 17bb 32k as a starter).

I think it makes more sense to just send him down until Nolasco deal is complete.

Comment

• Colorado is the only team that was actually asking for cash to cover Nolasco in the deal. Texas,SF,LAD all wanted IFA cash in the deal and NOT cash for his contract and SD wanted IFA however also wanted to know if Nolasco is willing to sign an extension

It looks like LAD has an offer we like on the table(NO CLUE WHO) just trying to figure out about the salary
                    Last edited by tjfla; 07-03-2013, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Think it gets done before his start tonight?

Comment

• Looks like they are trying to,seems to be about his salary right now. They had been discussing the deal with IFA Cash however since we traded it away already"supposedly" we don't have it anymore

They wanna get it done fast tho and start to move on to RP trades. Webb,Qualls,Dunn and Cishek has been getting heavy play the past week

Comment

• @Ken_Rosenthal: Things can change, but all signs point to Nolasco pitching for #Marlins tonight.
                          That's from the real one

Comment

• Heard from someone that we are asking for Mike Olt in return for Ricky. If that's true, would be a major steal.

Comment

• 1. Where'd you hear that.

2. We have Moran, or will have soon.

3. I'll take him.

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                                Heard from someone that we are asking for Mike Olt in return for Ricky. If that's true, would be a major steal.
                                Ahehahheha, if that's true now we know why he's still here.

Comment

Working...
                                X