Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL @ all of you

Comment

• We all read the report that said Texas had got IFA cash from us however nothing in books yet however that could change.

Reports say that Texas and NYY are hot after Justin Ruggiano,either deal would include IFA Cash with us getting 2 prospects in return with 1 possibly ready for 2014(No Names to report tho)

Comment

• Hatcher promptly optioned to Triple-A after the game tonight.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Frisaro has an article up about the trades up

http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com/2013/0...nolasco-trade/

Looks like they really wanted Withrow,like I was saying!! But with LAD taking on all of the salary we took the Sanchez/Wall package instead which wasn't that bad

Not to sure about his Cishek talk tho,while Miami would love Castellanos or even a Top Prospect from Boston to trade him,neither of the teams would pay that price.

A deal I have heard that we would consider from Detroit is Bruce Rondon,Avisail Garcia plus 1 or 2 more prospects(Low Level/High Upside) for Cishek but that we are not in any rush to move him

Comment

• Instead of trading the international bonus pool slots, why not use them on...high upside international players?
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
              Instead of trading the international bonus pool slots, why not use them on...high upside international players?
              Because this front office team has never really been big on signing international guys. Ozuna is probably the biggest (best) they have developed and brought to the bigs.
              --------------------
              Since their takeover in 2002, Beinfest and Co. have only signed four international players that made it to the big leagues: Vanden Hurk, Jhan Mariñez, Sandy Rosario and Ozuna.
              Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-09-2013, 10:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Instead of trading the international bonus pool slots, why not use them on...high upside international players?
                Cause they would rather sign 10 guys for 150,000 and hope that 1 or more of them become something instead of signing 1 guy for 150,000 and have him spend 4 years in the DSL

Plus we can only trade half of our pool so even if we trade all our slots,we still have over 2 million to use

Comment

• Most Latin American player sign when they are 16. And I doubt many, especially the high upside ones, spend 4 years in the DSL.

There is no excuse for the Marlins to be one of the least active teams in that market.
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

Most Latin American player sign when they are 16. And I doubt many, especially the high upside ones, spend 4 years in the DSL.

There is no excuse for the Marlins to be one of the least active teams in that market.
                    Specially in one of the largest Latin American communities in baseball.

I can't wait for Loria to sell, or leave or whatever. As long as he isn't part of this team anymore.

I don't think we've ever had a great, stable owner. We have to be the only team in MLB history.

Comment

• I like the last sentence

Comment

• What a shitty league

Comment

Most Latin American player sign when they are 16. And I doubt many, especially the high upside ones, spend 4 years in the DSL.

They're not.

They sign lots of Latin American players, they sign 10 guys for what other teams spend on 1.

Comment

• And that hasnt exactly been a fruitful strategy.
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• If we're not trading Cishek, can we at least trade Mike Dunn? Relievers shouldn't be considered as core players, especially when you have one of the worst records in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                If we're not trading Cishek, can we at least trade Mike Dunn? Relievers shouldn't be considered as core players, especially when you have one of the worst records in baseball.
                                I don't think anyone considers Mike Dunn or Steve Cishek a core player, but the Marlins have them under control for 3 and 4 years respectively and they are both good above average pen arms. There is no reason to move them as they can simply keep them and given the low level of payrolls, it's not going to change things if they are making a few extra bucks next year.

Webb and Qualls? Different situations and move them. But unless overwhelmed, they should keep Cishek and Dunn for now. Especially Dunn because he isn't getting you much right now so all he can do is raise his stock.

Stanton is what they need to trade unless they intend to sign him for 6 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X