Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Appropriate Amount of Time for Marlins Fans to Vent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, and I didn't say I had a source or even pretend that, and it feels like you're picking a fight with me, because I made it perfectly clear it was a hypothetical situation.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Albert Pujols.........

I'm reaching but there could be a pattern forming here. Miami (South Beach) is an incredibly attractive place to be a pro sports star (hi DWade/Lebron). Why do guys maybe want to leave?

Just food for thought.
      LOL LORIA LOVER

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
        Maybe.

But. Really, no one's turning down 6/100, so probably not.
        Wilson’s agent, Bob Garber, told Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com that the left-hander “easily” could have topped $100 million because the Marlins “would not let it go.”

Instead he inked a five-year, $77.5 million deal with the Angels, saying: “If it was about the money, I’d be a Florida Marlin.”
        http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...lorida-marlin/
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• That kinda contradicts everything the "non-Loria lovers" hate about Loria.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
            Do you think Loria and company do the same thing if last year's team goes 93-69 instead of 69-93?
            What does this have to do with Loria not (possibly) re-investing the $60 million into 2013?

It's the Marlins Way, brah.

/re-trolling

I think the re-troll could become a thing.

It's got potential, boys.

Beef and Erick: I left like 7 hours ago and just came back. Have you two been power posting the whole time?

If yes,

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
              That kinda contradicts everything the "non-Loria lovers" hate about Loria.
              Can we stop trying to peg people into cliques here? It really mucks up the actual conversation. Say something about the topic instead of about the people.

Comment

• I'm posting all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbaabji13 View Post
                  I mean, do we know that? He said he wanted to go home but really - we heard from Scott Boras and from "unnamed" scouts that they push their guys away from Miami because of not having NTCs and the way the org is run.
                  Originally posted by mbaabji13 View Post
                  No, and I didn't say I had a source or even pretend that, and it feels like you're picking a fight with me, because I made it perfectly clear it was a hypothetical situation.
                  This made it sound like you had heard that Boras pushed Wilson away. whatever.
                  poop

Comment

• Yeah I remember that. If you want to believe that fine, but I'm going to believe him when he says he wanted to go home then.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by mbaabji13 View Post
                    Can we stop trying to peg people into cliques here? It really mucks up the actual conversation. Say something about the topic instead of about the people.
                    The Loria haters started it.
                    Last edited by Mainge; 11-24-2012, 08:09 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• My beef wants to post all the time post all the time post all the time.
                      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                        What does this have to do with Loria not (possibly) re-investing the $60 million into 2013?

It's the Marlins Way, brah.

"This trade is not good for business, and like it or not, it solidifies the "Marlins Way" of doing things - try to be successful, and whether or not you are, cut costs tremendously after a few years."

-mibs

You agreed with that.

I'm saying I feel like lack of success has played a part in Loria's firesales. Wouldn't you agree?

Comment

I mean, do we know that? He said he wanted to go home but really - we heard from Scott Boras and from "unnamed" scouts that they push their guys away from Miami because of not having NTCs and the way the org is run. We heard from Delgado's agent that that was the exact reason he had the tax adjustment verbiage in the contract.

No. We don't.

We KNOW CJ wanted to go home but we DON'T KNOW how the Toronto prospects will turn out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                            This made it sound like you had heard that Boras pushed Wilson away. whatever.
                            Boras isn't even his agent. My point was that what we do know is that well PRIOR to this offseason's shenanigans there were multiple agents (Boras included) who did not like their top tier guys to go to Miami for these reasons. It's not like this was unknown.
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            "This trade is not good for business, and like it or not, it solidifies the "Marlins Way" of doing things - try to be successful, and whether or not you are, cut costs tremendously after a few years."

-mibs

You agreed with that.

I'm saying I feel like lack of success has played a part in Loria's firesales. Wouldn't you agree?
                            oh my God I'm not mibs

I need to change my name ASAP
                            Last edited by emkayseven; 11-24-2012, 08:11 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Where did Boras state that?

Comment

Boras isn't even his agent.
                                I should have known that, I guess. But I'm just picking a fight...
                                --------------------
                                Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                No. We don't.

We KNOW CJ wanted to go home but we DON'T KNOW how the Toronto prospects will turn out.
                                I guess this wouldn't be a pointless thing to say if the Blue Jay's prospects could tell is they will turn out one way or the other like CJ Wilson did.
                                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 11-24-2012, 08:13 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X