Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a fat doctor stress thing on my desk - the squeezy thing

Tesla did the song about the signs. Not the one by ace of base though, because that's ace if base

Comment

• Stanton spoke to the media today

On your angry tweet:

“You’re not going to linger on something and cry about it all day. You let it be known how you feel and put forward.’’

What do you say to fans who think you won’t be a Marlin much longer?

“I have nothing to do with that. I am here for them now and until something changes that is out of my control.”

Would you sign long term deal here?

“Well, I haven’t been offered one so that decision isn’t ready yet.”

Describe your relationship with ownership at this point.

“Well, we know what has to go down. I am here to win. My competitive level is not going to change at all.”

How long did it take you to get over your anger?

“Off-season is my time. I’m not going to really dwell on it too much. I got what little words were out there to let it be known and that was that. We are here now and turn the page.”

Jose Reyes today said he felt sorry for you. Have other players told you the same thing?

“Yeah, a lot of people have, but I mean, I’m not one to ‘Hey everyone, feel sorry for me.’ What is there to feel sorry for me about? I’m in the big leagues and I play a game for a living..

“There’s no reason to be mad. Im’ here healthy and ready to play and be part of the team. All the other non-sense, let it be what it is…

“People who know me know not to just assume things. They know how I am. It’s not going to be any pouting or none of that stuff so we’re good.”

Do you see any way that this ends well for you?

“There’s always little ways to look past things. It’s not like, hey, you do some fall out once and there’s nothing ever to come from it. It can be rebuilt and there’s time.

You said Jeffrey Loria sent you a text?

“I don’t know if it was ‘Merry Christmas,’ or something quick. It wasn’t nothing about anything you guys care about.”
      http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marli...turn-the-page/

“There’s always little ways to look past things. It’s not like, hey, you do some fall out once and there’s nothing ever to come from it. It can be rebuilt and there’s time." is the key quote imo. Who knows if they're really gonna make an offer, but things sound reconcilable.
      --------------------
      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrN4F_RWGxE[/ame]
      Last edited by HUGG; 02-15-2013, 11:34 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Would you sign long term deal here?

“Well, I haven’t been offered one so that decision isn’t ready yet.”
        Clowns

Comment

• Absolute fucking clowns

I hate this fucking organization with the fiery passion of a thousand Tebows
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Well if he would say this is what I want to sign,they would probably offer him a contract. The problem is this tho,what happens if u offer him the contract and he says NO?

Comment

• You make a different offer

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                Well if he would say this is what I want to sign,they would probably offer him a contract. The problem is this tho,what happens if u offer him the contract and he says NO?
                The world ends

Comment

Well if he would say this is what I want to sign,they would probably offer him a contract. The problem is this tho,what happens if u offer him the contract and he says NO?
                  Then you know where you stand?

Comment

The problem is this tho,what happens if u offer him the contract and he says NO?
                    This made me fucking lol.

Comment

• Then he'll make a counter or say he won't sign and we can trade him for a kings ransom.

Comment

You continue to try and negotiate. Players don't always accept the first offer. If he seems dead set against signing you get the best package you can for him.

Comment

• I absolutely love the logic of not offering him a contract because he might say no.

That's some fip shit.
                          --------------------
                          Maybe that's why we don't re-sign our players, guys. We're scared to ask them to re-sign cause they might say no.

It all makes sense now.
                          Last edited by HUGG; 02-15-2013, 10:01 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                            I absolutely love the logic of not offering him a contract because he might say no.

That's some fip shit.
                            --------------------
                            Maybe that's why we don't re-sign our players, guys. We're scared to ask them to re-sign cause they might say no.

It all makes sense now.
                            What blows my mind is, they have such an amazing opportunity to buy him out, and are so far wasting it.

2013 payroll is going to be around $50 end of the day with all deferments, throwing in Ozzie and Redmond, etc. It's the lowest payroll in baseball, and $7 million of that gets further dumped midseason when Nolasco, Polanco, Pierre, Rauch, and Dobbs are moved. No criticism there, just is what it is. End of the day, these guys pay low $40s for the 2013 team.

2014 payroll has one contract on books (Mathis $1.5), arbitration to Morrison, Dunn, Cishek (super2), LeBlanc, and Ruggiano. Those five are gonna be like $10 million, nothing crazy. Hechavarria, Turner, and Cox have MLB deals, so those three are going to be like $4.5). So nine guys into team, $16 million. The club controllers - Brantly, Solano/Dietrich (lets say 1 one makes team), Cox, Yelich, Silverio/Ozuna/Marisnick, Alvarez, Eovaldi, J. Fernandez, Ramos, and Conley/Jennings. 10 more guys, that's another $5 million. So 19 very likely spots on team, conservatively $21 million. And there are three lefty relievers above and two in arbitration, so I'd say, let's ditch LeBlanc/Dunn and save a million, so to 18 players, $20 million bucks. Leftover on 2014 - Stanton, platoon 3B with cox, bench MI, bench Helms/Dobbs, SP5, RP-RHP 4 and 5. I would say chances are they sign two veteran 3B, like more Polancos/Dobbs, to help at 3B while they evaluate Dietrich, Romero, etc more in system. So let's say they spend $5 total for those two spots. They club control the last bullpen spot, and sign another Rauch for $2 million combined, and a veteran bench MI for $1 million. To close it out non-Stanton, let's say a 1/$7 deal to some legitimate inning eater SP to help hold down the fort for the kids early on, as they pray Nicolino/Heaney are ready mid 2014. That's another $15 million for those spots. Heath Bell and Ozzie also cost them $6.5 million. So all in 2014 without Stanton, is roughly $42 million.

I like showing my math and not giving an answer. With Stanton needing a 7/$85 deal, which we have long mused on compared to the Cargo/Upton deals which are a fair barometer, and payroll so so so outrageously low, they can front load the living hell out of Stanton early on and have massive savings on the back when the team is better. If they structured a buyout

2013 - $15 million
                            2014 - $25 million (still bottom 5 in payroll running a mid 50s payroll in 2013 / mid 60s payroll 2014)
                            2015 - $15 million
                            2016-2019 - Pay him 4/$30 over these 4 seasons in any split you want to make

If Stanton wants to argue he should get Howard/Cabrera arbitration numbers? It's front loaded, so shut the hell up and enjoy the interest. No trade clause? Give him 3 years full, 2 years partial, and nothing final 2 years. Marlins get to say no trade clause and why would we front load it if we were looking to move him? That makes no sense to anyone involved.

The end result of this is, Stanton should be costing them $15-20 million a year 2016-2019, and that number is cut by over a half which means that during Stanton's prime years, and after a few years of development from the rest of the (likely) core team, the team will be able to afford an extra 4/$40 type player to add to the team. Of course, this is all assuming the clowns intend to ever spend $80-90 on payroll again, but I do think Loria is competitive and his plan is, if we're going to lose, I want to pay nothing for the team as we figure out how to win again.

Regardless, buying out Stanton wouldn't impact their standings in the payroll cup very much, would give them something to say to Bud and the other owners who are no doubt furious, and would set up the franchise so fucking hardcore moving forward on payroll I bet this would be lauded as a Longorian type contract that is forward thinking and a once in a lifetime deal with a team with so little payroll gambling on that 1 guy early on the make crazy profit on the back end when their prospects are ready. Such an amazing opportunity to sign one of the best players in baseball, front load him to holy hell while you totally suck so when you should be good again he is not costing you what he should, do something for the fan base which fucking hates you and throw in that no trade carrot to at least show they are forward thinking at a minimum, and then hopefully you get Stanton as a free agent recruiter in 2 years when Yelich, Fernandez, Turner, Marisnick, etc hopefully turn into players and things look better.

They are so bad, they are even bad at sucking. I think this is what is most annoying to all the shenanigans. If you're going to clear out all that payroll, for better or worse, you've just created a franchise asset - payroll flexibility. Fucking use it and set up the team. Stanton is the only guy you got to deal with as the next best (Cishek, Ruggiano, Morrison) aren't in 3 year deal territory yet. It's smart for business. It's smart on the field. It's just smart. Act like a franchise. Show your team, MLB, and the city that you really mean it when you say you have to reorganize the roster and you're not just profiting at the expense of Miami-Dade taxpayers. Make this one obvious gesture so all of us aren't just waiting for the other shoe to drop as they trade another potential generational player for prospects. Stop acting like Clowns. This would be a big statement.

Comment

• The most infuriating part about all of this, is how these Clowns wag their finger and tell us how much smarter they are than the average fan. I would not say this with any other organization, but a group from this board would probably do a better job than these Clowns have in the last 2 years.

Team President - CC
                              President of Baseball Operations - Swifty
                              General Manager - Lou
                              Player Development- Ramp
                              Finance/Legal - Beef
                              Marketing - Omar
                              Ballpark Operations - Party
                              Hospitality - Hugg
                              Mike Hill - Polky
                              Head of Security -Daft
                              Travel Secretary - Mibs
                              Joe Frisaro - bobbob