No announcement yet.

Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But anibal/infante wasn't just any deal. It was a good deal.

Yeah, we know they wanted to get rid of money, but these were also guys who wouldn't be around much longer and they got a good return.
    That undermines the part where you say they'll take any deal if they get rid of money

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
      That undermines the part where you say they'll take any deal if they get rid of money
      Also, saying that with regards to Stanton also undermines his point.
      poop

Comment

• Yeah. I didn't want to repeat that one

Comment

• Way too early to say that they got a good return on the Blue Jays deal IMO.

The fact that they failed(or as that one guy on her says, didnt want, which is absurd) the Blue Jays top prospect who eventually ended up at a division rival kind of stings. Hechevarria could, depending on if his bat is as bad as some speculate, a straight swap of Bonifacio. They traded Buck for another Buck. Marisnick could be another Cameron Maybin. And many question Henderson Alvarez's long term potential. Nicolino will be in what...the FSL this year?
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• JUPITER, Fla. -- Giancarlo Stanton spotted downcast teammate Jose Fernandez in the Miami Marlins' clubhouse Thursday and flashed him a grin.

"Relax," Stanton said. "Relax."

Stanton was feeling better after being hit on the helmet Wednesday by a fastball from Fernandez, the Marlins' top pitching prospect.

X-rays were negative, there was no sign of a concussion, and Stanton said his vision returned to normal after a few hours. He expects to play in the Marlins' first spring training game Saturday.

[+] Enlarge
            Pedro Portal/El Nuevo Herald/MCT/Getty Images
            Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton was hit on the helmet with a pitch during an intrasquad game Wednesday.
            All of that was good news for the Marlins, and especially for the 20-year-old Fernandez, who is in his first major league spring training camp.

Fernandez said he felt bad about the errant pitch and took some razzing from teammates for beaning the 2012 National League slugging champion. Stanton predicted the situation would ultimately make Fernandez feel more like part of the team.

"Everyone is giving him a hard time," Stanton said, "but I don't think it's going to hurt his confidence. He'll be fine."

Stanton said he felt "pretty loopy" after the beaning, and his peripheral vision was blurry for several hours. He eased back into his training routine and said his primary goal Thursday was to "get back on planet Earth."

Fernandez sat alone at his locker with his head down Wednesday after the Marlins' intrasquad game. The Marlins' first-round draft pick in 2011 said the pitch slipped from his hand but still had plenty of velocity.

"Over 95 mph, I know it was. It's a scary moment," Fernandez said. "My hands were sweating a lot. It was just not a good pitch. I feel bad. It's not a good feeling, I promise you."

The pitch, the first from Fernandez to Stanton, struck the slugger on the lower edge of the helmet above his neck. Fernandez followed Stanton into the clubhouse to apologize.

"When I asked him how he was doing, he laughed," Fernandez said. "I told him I was sorry. He said, 'Bro, it's OK. It's baseball. It happens.'"

Stanton ranked second in home runs with 37 last year and made the All-Star team for the first time.

Fernandez is expected to start the season with Double-A Jacksonville and is considered a candidate to break into the majors this summer. The youngster hit five batters in 134 innings last year but said he had never beaned anyone before.

"You worry about Fernandez and how a young kid like that responds," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "It will take him a couple of days to move on from it, but hopefully he'll be fine."
            http://espn.go.com/mlb/spring2013/st...better-beaning

Comment

• We'll see how much he "misses"

Comment

• I am listening to Sirius XM Fantasy Sports Radio this morning and they have a writer on from RotoExperts "breaking" this story. The writer said the Mets were blindsided when the Marlins approached them about this deal.

A source close to the SFX Baseball Group, an agency representing some of the biggest stars in the game, told me this morning that the Marlins have recently discussed a trade that would include sending recently signed Juan Pierre (an SFX client) and Giancarlo Stanton to the New York Mets, for super pitching prospect Zack Wheeler, obtained from the Giants in the Carlos Beltran trade, and minor league catcher Travis D’Arnaud, the centerpiece in the R.A. Dickey deal.
                http://rotoexperts.com/36784/giancar...-in-the-works/

Comment

• I don't buy that for a second

And I thought you can't trade free agent signings until June 15?
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I honestly would not know what to think if they traded Stanton to the Mets (Or NL East). I am a big advocate of who cares if you trade in your division if you get better, but Stanton is a different class of player. There are no words.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    I don't buy that for a second

And I thought you can't trade free agent signings until June 15?
                    I am 99% sure that can be waived
                    Last edited by lou; 02-25-2013, 09:59 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                      I honestly would not know what to think if they traded Stanton to the Mets (Or NL East). I am a big advocate of who cares if you trade in your division if you get better, but Stanton is a different class of player. There are no words.
                      --------------------

I am 99% sure that can be waived
                      Unless it was recently changed in the new CBA (entirely possible) I don't think it's something that can be waived. Remember, in '04, Pudge and the Marlins looked into having a team "sign & trade" Pudge back to the Marlins when his market dried up and the non-arbitration negotiation deadline of December 15 passed (though that last part has changed).

Comment

• If the player being traded gives written permission, they can be traded.

Comment

• Heyman tweeted a little bit ago that this report is "complete bs"

Comment

• As dumb as this franchise is. There is 0% chance that Stanton gets traded in the division.

Comment

• Well, now I'm conflicted. On the one hand, he wouldn't miss an opportunity to bash the Marlins, but on the other hand, he's usually wrong.
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• tjfla, do you have any contacts close to someone near to SFX Baseball Group?

Comment

Working...
                                X