No announcement yet.

Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how come San Diego gets their own plan level, but Texas and Seattle have to be clumped into a combined one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
      how come San Diego gets their own plan level, but Texas and Seattle have to be clumped into a combined one?
      Well it's like here

U got 2/3 asses who deserve there own plan level and then the other 5 or so who just are on the clumped IGNORE LEVEL

Comment

• That doesn't really make sense with your breakdown.

You clumped Texas/Seattle together, not Seattle/SD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
          That doesn't really make sense with your breakdown.

You clumped Texas/Seattle together, not Seattle/SD.
          Ya cause we prefer a deal with Texas or Seattle

If both of those teams fail then we move to Plan C which is SD

Comment

• As the resident plan expert, I think based on argument Hugg wins and San Diego is Plan D. Texas and Seattle are B and C. The first rule of plans is there is no talking about clumping.
            --------------------
            Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins "are not moving" Giancarlo Stanton and haven't even "discussed" it internally.
            Spencer was also told that details of the Marlins' recent discussions with the Padres about Stanton were "completely off base" and "totally ridiculous." He writes that while the Marlins have listened to team's inquiries on Stanton "out of professional courtesy," they are "not entertaining any thoughts" of trading him. A deal involving the cost-controlled superstar always seemed like a huge longshot, and this report should hopefully put all the rumors to rest.

From rotoworld
            Last edited by lou; 01-06-2013, 01:17 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
              When are they going to offer Stanton a contract?
              In fantasy land......the truth (probably) is they will never offer him, because they don't want that kind of contract on their books. That is what some here just don't seem to want to even fathom happening.

I have already accepted that fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
                In fantasy land......the truth (probably) is they will never offer him, because they don't want that kind of contract on their books. That is what some here just don't seem to want to even fathom happening.

It's not fact though.
                --------------------
                Nor is it based in reality.
                Last edited by Mainge; 01-06-2013, 01:44 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

It's all just sad.....to have that kind of talent under your control, and just not care. I swear I can't wait for a change in ownership.
                  Aren't you the same guy who was saying we should just make the trade now, anyway?

You're like a little kid.
                  Last edited by Erick; 01-06-2013, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• I like that this on the same day the JJ stuff got bumped

Because remember we were never ever gonna sign JJ because his agent said so?

Comment

• The Marlins never pay their players!!!...

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                        Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins "are not moving" Giancarlo Stanton and haven't even "discussed" it internally.
                        Spencer was also told that details of the Marlins' recent discussions with the Padres about Stanton were "completely off base" and "totally ridiculous." He writes that while the Marlins have listened to team's inquiries on Stanton "out of professional courtesy," they are "not entertaining any thoughts" of trading him. A deal involving the cost-controlled superstar always seemed like a huge longshot, and this report should hopefully put all the rumors to rest.
                        yeah, that'll definitely happen

also HUGH lol at completely off base and totally ridiculous

Comment

• Stanton could sign for 25 years at $2 million per year and trade rumors with his name would still exist.

Comment

• Man imagine how much we could get for him if that was his contract.

Shit, I'd trade him then.

Comment

I think this is unfair considering they did buyout Hanley, and offered significant deals to JJ, Nolasco, and Uggla.

It seems the Marlins MO is that they want to wait until they reach arbitration for these types of things. Personally, I can understand that with a SP off injury or a heavy K/no defense 2B, but for guys like Hanley who for all intensive purposes are pue building block players who excel in years 1-2, they need to do it a year earlier.

Saying that, what's the trade off for this. If Stanton is gangbusters, he is probably looking at a say 6/$100 deal to get 3 free agency years. He'd take that next offseason with a good 2013 easily. Still a free agent at 29, still set up for his great grandchildrens lives. Maybe it's $105, whatever. Right now, he is probably 7/$85-90 based on Cargo/maybe Howard comps.

The question is, is it worth 1 more year of evaluation/threat of injury to 'have' to pay him an extra $15 million or so on the same years?

I am risk adverse when it comes to a player like this with 2+ years of mashing (and the defense), so I say do it now. Especially with NOTHING else on the books making it even less risky. And especially since you can balloon frontload the deal in 2013/2014 to make the "future contending years" that much easier and being able to sign something else.

But on some level, I do understand the Marlins (historical) position on arbitration buyouts if they want to see how his knees hold up and how many more whiffs there are in 650 more PA. I mean, he is awesome. But he is young. Likewise, maybe he "sucks" in 2013 (let's say .250-34-85, 180 K because no one pitches to him and he just starts swinging because he's frustrated. Yes I know that is a good "sucks" season but let's be realistic, he is 30+ HR in his sleep). That knocks his expected arbitration and longterm buyout down, so honestly this hypothetical might not even be $15 million over those 6 years, maybe it's $12, or $10? Or lower? Or what if he blows out a knee badly? Bad things could happen.

Basically, your comment is just going to far. This ownership sucks for a variety of reasons, but it's not because they never do these things. It's because they wait to long to do these things and don't have the vision to see how these deals will impact the team years down the road. Even the Rays give Longoria $100 million deals. These clowns can't seem to figure out arithmetic of payroll.

Saying that, they still have 3+ months to get their heads out of their asses. And really, even if they sign him next offseason to say 6/$105. Over 6 years, yes they are throwing away around $15 million bucks over 6 years (which is aggravating), but that's the difference between Randy Choate and Dan jennings in the bullpen all those years. Yes, you'd prefer Choate, but it's important to put it in perspective. It would still be a good deal. Just not a great one which they can do right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                I think this is unfair considering they did buyout Hanley, and offered significant deals to JJ, Nolasco, and Uggla.

It seems the Marlins MO is that they want to wait until they reach arbitration for these types of things. Personally, I can understand that with a SP off injury or a heavy K/no defense 2B, but for guys like Hanley who for all intensive purposes are pue building block players who excel in years 1-2, they need to do it a year earlier.

Saying that, what's the trade off for this. If Stanton is gangbusters, he is probably looking at a say 6/$100 deal to get 3 free agency years. He'd take that next offseason with a good 2013 easily. Still a free agent at 29, still set up for his great grandchildrens lives. Maybe it's $105, whatever. Right now, he is probably 7/$85-90 based on Cargo/maybe Howard comps.

The question is, is it worth 1 more year of evaluation/threat of injury to 'have' to pay him an extra $15 million or so on the same years?

I am risk adverse when it comes to a player like this with 2+ years of mashing (and the defense), so I say do it now. Especially with NOTHING else on the books making it even less risky. And especially since you can balloon frontload the deal in 2013/2014 to make the "future contending years" that much easier and being able to sign something else.

But on some level, I do understand the Marlins (historical) position on arbitration buyouts if they want to see how his knees hold up and how many more whiffs there are in 650 more PA. I mean, he is awesome. But he is young. Likewise, maybe he "sucks" in 2013 (let's say .250-34-85, 180 K because no one pitches to him and he just starts swinging because he's frustrated. Yes I know that is a good "sucks" season but let's be realistic, he is 30+ HR in his sleep). That knocks his expected arbitration and longterm buyout down, so honestly this hypothetical might not even be $15 million over those 6 years, maybe it's $12, or $10? Or lower? Or what if he blows out a knee badly? Bad things could happen.

Basically, your comment is just going to far. This ownership sucks for a variety of reasons, but it's not because they never do these things. It's because they wait to long to do these things and don't have the vision to see how these deals will impact the team years down the road. Even the Rays give Longoria $100 million deals. These clowns can't seem to figure out arithmetic of payroll.

Saying that, they still have 3+ months to get their heads out of their asses. And really, even if they sign him next offseason to say 6/$105. Over 6 years, yes they are throwing away around $15 million bucks over 6 years (which is aggravating), but that's the difference between Randy Choate and Dan jennings in the bullpen all those years. Yes, you'd prefer Choate, but it's important to put it in perspective. It would still be a good deal. Just not a great one which they can do right now.
                                Lou you make some great points and I agree with a lot of them, and they are moves that Loria should have made.

However the only person that is comparable they have had to Stanton is Cabrera. Did they sign him ? No. I can't even remember if they offered to him, I don't believe if they did it was a credible offer.

I'm afraid the same fate awaits Stanton.

Loria is the only owner who could let two future HoF 500+ homerun hitters get away from his team in less than 10 years. Total idiocy in that front office and ownership.

And what scares me most, is they get the same kind of return they did for Cabrera. Again setting their franchise back years because they always fail to draft decently and develop players like Atlanta, Tampa or several other GOOD organizations.

Comment

Working...
                                X