Giancarlo: "I Do Not Like This at All”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
    This is not something anyone would do. Especially a team looking to boost potential season tickets sales (that will be quite low to begin with).

Keeping their best player away from Fan Day would not be in their best interests. Don't be silly.
    They have already written off this year, and even Stanton is not enough to overcome slow ticket sales. He's basically been rendered ineffective as a marketing tool. Anything done with him may be met with disbelief because everyone is already under the assumption he will be dealt, sooner rather than later. Who knows, if they get a deal they like, they will trade him before the season starts.

Comment

• Giancarlo showing up at Fan Fest does nothing one way or the other in terms if people believe he will be traded. He asked out because of family issues and the Marlins granted him that. What do you want the Marlins to do (in this situation)? This isn't some made up nonsense

I bet you would have flipped out on the Marlins if they didn't grant him permission to do this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
        You still need to be reasonable in your hatred.
        I think that is reasonable. They could be hiding him on purpose. To shield him from the fans. Maybe its a mutual agreement. He didn't want to be here, and they don't want him here either.

You never know

Comment

• Except that you do know. If there was something shady going on, the media would know and report it. They hate the Marlins (for the most part)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            Giancarlo showing up at Fan Fest does nothing one way or the other in terms if people believe he will be traded. He asked out because of family issues and the Marlins granted him that. What do you want the Marlins to do (in this situation)? This isn't some made up nonsense

I bet you would have flipped out on the Marlins if they didn't grant him permission to do this.
            You're basing your belief on what the Marlins have spinned on this story. If one doesn't believe them, then it's reasonable to believe they are hiding him for their own purposes.

It's just strange the only star they have and he won't be there. 2013 getting off to a rolling start.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            Except that you do know. If there was something shady going on, the media would know and report it. They hate the Marlins (for the most part)
            The media didn't find out about Marino's "love child" for more than 7 years. Many in the media loathe Dan Marino and were happy to report it last week - but it came out years later.
            Last edited by oakelmpine; 02-04-2013, 05:37 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I dislike Barack Obama, so it is reasonable to believe that he was born in Kenya and is a secret Muslim.
              poop

Comment

• But he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Party View Post
                  But he was.
                  Dynamite drop in Monte!

Comment

• Well, yeah.
                    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      I dislike Barack Obama, so it is reasonable to believe that he was born in Kenya and is a secret Muslim.
                      If I had a gigantic vagina I would neg you for this post.

anyway, in reference to other posts in this thread, I don't think oakelmpine (diaper) is being unreasonable when he says it's INCREDIBLY weird that the one star the Marlins possess will be absent at FAN FEST. Just because he's diaper doesn't mean he doesn't make a ton of sense sometimes.

Regardless of the reason why. It's still incredibly weird.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this season. I'm being totally serious.
                      --------------------
                      CAN'T WE JUST TALK ABOUT HTE MARLINS???

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
                      Last edited by Namaste; 02-04-2013, 09:34 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Stanton's having family issues in California. Why is that weird?

and saying you should neg someone is just as bad as negging someone.

Team Diaper is gonna be HUGH FUN this year

Comment

• Hi Daft!

Comment

• I'm worried about daft. I don't think he understands what an analogy is.
                            poop

Comment

• So brave. 420 blaze it faggot. Do you even lift? Le. Over 9000. Oppan Gangnam Style.

Well actually I forgot Poland.
                              Last edited by Chewford; 02-04-2013, 10:01 PM.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Also, saying "this is weird" is not at all the same thing as inventing a conspiracy theory with no basis.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X