Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Anibal Sanchez & Omar Infante To Tigers For Jacob Turner & Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
    Brantley is nice.
    It's spelled Brantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
      Doesn't look like much statistically.
      Really? I think he's been rather impressive.

Comment

ichiro to yankees lmfao

Comment

So now we wait and see as to whether we have another firesale on our hands
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

Not really a big fan of any of the prospects involved (Turner with a sub-2.0 K/BB this year, Brantly is an empty avg guy so far) but I don't dislike it.

One of my biggest qualms is that, like Andrew Miller, Turner is already on the 40 man roster and burning option years even though he's only 21. Detroit does not like to give guys time to mature in the minors lol. How many top pitching prospects have they had the past few years?

List of guys that have been in the top 100 prospects that were called up with almost no time in the minors

Bomberman - fail
            Andrew Miller - Fail
            Rick Porcello - Fail
            Nate Cornejo - Fail
            Andrew Oliver - Failing so far
            Justin Verlander - awsm to the max
            Jurrjens - worked out
            --------------------
            But again, I don't dislike the deal. Just not super excited until Justin Turner Turns Burners on
            Last edited by nny; 07-23-2012, 05:07 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
              So now we wait and see as to whether we have another firesale on our hands
              I look forward to the Sun Sentinel's criticizing the "same old Marlins" for yet another fire sale.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Just noticed Branlty is left handed hitter. That makes me like him a lot more, I love the idea of platoon at C because they need so many off days (Baker+Paulino was such an awesome combo, best C we've had since Pudge)

Comment

Originally posted by Ashraf View Post
                  Really? I think he's been rather impressive.
                  .714 career OPS.

Comment

I'm all for getting value for someone who probably wasn't going to be back next year. Infante wasn't going to bring much back on his own and he wouldn't be around past next year anyways.

Let the shitstorm in the media begin though. (Not that it matters. Just more irritating than anything else)

Comment

talk radio killing the Marlins. i for one finally like it.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                        Not really a big fan of any of the prospects involved (Turner with a sub-2.0 K/BB this year, Brantly is an empty avg guy so far) but I don't dislike it.

One of my biggest qualms is that, like Andrew Miller, Turner is already on the 40 man roster and burning option years even though he's only 21. Detroit does not like to give guys time to mature in the minors lol. How many top pitching prospects have they had the past few years?

List of guys that have been in the top 100 prospects that were called up with almost no time in the minors

Bomberman - fail
                        Andrew Miller - Fail
                        Rick Porcello - Fail
                        Nate Cornejo - Fail
                        Andrew Oliver - Failing so far
                        Justin Verlander - awsm to the max
                        Jurrjens - worked out
                        --------------------
                        But again, I don't dislike the deal. Just not super excited until Justin Turner Turns Burners on
                        Bomberman is a fun autocorrect or joke. I like it either way. More so autocorrect though.

Comment

I wish someone would call Big-O and correct this fool. Clueless drive by media hack.

Comment

fun deal

Comment

@JonHeymanCBS: #marlins can sell with the best. deal is right. jacob turner-plus goes to #marlins, infante and anibal to tigers
                              /Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by lilchris11 View Post
                                mlb network is saying more marlins trades are underway
                                They need to be careful. They stink and have disillusioned the fan base through performance, but they are going to need to get 2013 ready guys and spend in free agency to patch holes.

Comment

Working...
                                X