2009 Marlins Trade Deadline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe we should hire Steve Phillips LOL

Just went on a rant on how u trade young guys for superstars like Halladay,Gonzalez and Martinez

Comment

• He's right though especially with Halladay and Gonzalez. You control them for more then one season.

Comment

• Kind of like how you trade Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano?

amirite?

Comment

• If the Marlins succeed in wrestling Nick Johnson away from the Nationals before this afternoon's trade deadline, it'll be interresting to see how the rest of the dominos fall. Johnson's arrival would almost certainly force Jorge Cantu back to third base, suspect throwing arm and all, and perhaps relegate Emilio Bonifacio to a platoon role in left with Chris Coghlan.

But I'm wondering if the changes will stop there. It wouldn't surprise me if the Marlins also have a deal cooking for Jeremy Hermida (Cubs?), one that would allow them to call up Cameron Maybin and move Cody Ross to right. In effect, the Marlins would be replacing one left-handed bat in the lineup (Hermida's) with a better one (Johnson's). An outfield of Bonifacio/Coghlan-Maybin-Ross would be an upgrade defensively, as well.

What's missing here, of course, is a fifth starter. I don't know if Burke Badenhop is the answer, and I strongly suspect the Marlins feel the same. But it'll all shake out in the next four to five hours. Stay tuned.
          If Marlins Land Nick Johnson, Can Cameron Maybin Be Far Behind?

Comment

• I would like to see Maybin up soon regardless if we trade Herms or not.

Comment

• Trade Herms to the Reds for Rhodes and Gomes at least.

Comment

• I also think Dominguez is a better prospect than Morrison

Comment

• If scouts really view Dominguez as a better prospect than Morrison, then how come everyone is asking us for Morrison and not him in deals then (based on the deals we've actually heard of)? We've reportedly made Morrison off-limits, but not Dominguez.

Comment

• Morrison is more MLB ready and has basically shown what he is going to be. That's my guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                      Morrison is more MLB ready and has basically shown what he is going to be. That's my guess.
                      Yeah that's true.

Comment

• Teams that need a young 3B ask for him. Dominguez is strictly a 3B so if u already are set there u won't ask. Morrison can play 1B or OF

Comment

• TJ, what are the chances we add a starter?

Comment

• All I have heard is Pavano
                            --------------------
                            U guys might like this 1.
                            Newest Rumor
                            Jeremy Hermida to Detroit

It is being discussed since Detroit gave up nothing really for Washburn
                            Last edited by tjfla; 07-31-2009, 11:32 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by The Hanram View Post
                              Kind of like how you trade Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano?

amirite?
                              Phillips didn't make that trade

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                All I have heard is Pavano
                                --------------------
                                U guys might like this 1.
                                Newest Rumor
                                Jeremy Hermida to Detroit

It is being discussed since Detroit gave up nothing really for Washburn
                                Hmm...

For prospects or ML players?
                                --------------------
                                According to Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, the Pirates are "probably, but not necessarily," done dealing. The writers suggest the Bucs will listen on pitchers Paul Maholm, Zach Duke, and Matt Capps, but are not shopping them.
                                Would love to get in on Duke or Maholm.
                                Last edited by m26555; 07-31-2009, 11:35 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X