Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erick View Post
    Right. You don't think that was dumb?
    I thought Donnie Murphy could play a decent 3B and put up a low-.700 OPS. There were worse things in the world than that possibility, and yes I do think taking a chance on Javy Vazquez was a better option than any of the possible 3B options we could have gotten for the money.
    --------------------

Also, the original plan was to have Murphy coming off the bench. They didn't really have a stopgap for Dominguez.
    The plan was for Murphy to come off the bench if Dominguez was playing. He was the starter opening day when Dominguez failed. Murphy got hit on the wrist on the 2nd or 3rd day of the season and was pretty much out of the picture from then on.
    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 09-04-2011, 02:27 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    poop

Comment

I agree with the Vazquez thing.

Still, they could've gotten someone more proven.

It's as though they didn't think it was possible for Dominguez to be terrible in Spring Training. And normally, stopgaps have proven themselves at some point. Murphy had never proven himself...basically another failed experiment.

Comment

If they had picked up Jose Lopez or Joe Crede you would not be criticizing them?

Murphy failed because he was hurt in the first week of the season and never really played. They're stupid because of that? From the crystal ball thread, even you predicted Murphy would put up a .717 OPS. That's not great, but it's certainly playable given the current state of NL offense.
        poop

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
          Even if it was written by one of our regular beat writers, it still wouldn't matter. None of our regular beat writers have any inside info in the thinking of front office, either. I can point out numerous things that they have gotten wrong about player moves.
          You're the weirdo that tweets with a beat writer all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
            That's how I learned they don't know more about the front office's thinking than we do.

Comment

Oh, you should've asked me

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                If they had picked up Jose Lopez or Joe Crede you would not be criticizing them?

Murphy failed because he was hurt in the first week of the season and never really played. They're stupid because of that? From the crystal ball thread, even you predicted Murphy would put up a .717 OPS. That's not great, but it's certainly playable given the current state of NL offense.
                I was being a homer on some of those predictions; that was one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                  Is this really necessary?

Comment

She was breaking news to us that the beat writers don't know anything. We know it (and she fights with a beat writer about Volstad). So, probably yes.

Comment

I was being a homer on some of those predictions; that was one of them.
                      oh.
                      poop

Comment

Working...
                      X