Hensley Moving Back to the Bullpen; Hand to the Rotation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    Only Erick could shit on 4 meaningless starts at the end of a meaningless season for our top pitching prospect.
    He's not our top pitching prospect.

Perhaps you should learn how to read. If he has 4 good starts, cool. If those 4 good starts lead the front office to think that he should be an option for a starting rotation spot next year...terrible idea. The article infers that Hand will be given a chance to prove himself for next year. Thus, I hope he doesn't prove anything. 4 starts is a small sample that really doesn't change much heading into next year.

Comment

I'd like to maybe wait and see what they do as far as picking up pitchers in the offseason before I say that they're even considering him for a starting spot next season.

Or maybe we should just shit on everything because they're giving a talented young starter some starts to try to figure stuff out at the end of a meaningless year. That's the right path to take.
      poop

Comment

I see a guy who, over his entire minor league career, put up good strikeout numbers and limited fly balls well. I see a guy who improved his control throughout his career.

So yeah, he's had a bad year while being shuttled up and down between AA and the majors ever 3 weeks as a 21 year old. Fuck him, what a shitty, shitty, no talent asshole.
        I see a guy who in his time in the big leagues has a terrible K/BB ratio, a terrible FB%, a terrible HR/9, etc.

I see a guy who hasn't even proven that he can pitch consistently in AA.

I never called him a shitty, shitty, no talent asshole, but thanks for putting words in my mouth, again.

He's not ready for the big leagues. These four starts should not matter in deciding whether or not he should be up here next year because...well, he shouldn't be up here next year, either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
          He's not our top pitching prospect.

Perhaps you should learn how to read. If he has 4 good starts, cool. If those 4 good starts lead the front office to think that he should be an option for a starting rotation spot next year...terrible idea. The article infers that Hand will be given a chance to prove himself for next year. Thus, I hope he doesn't prove anything. 4 starts is a small sample that really doesn't change much heading into next year.
          The article says that the writer thinks he'll be given a chance to show something. It says nothing about the front office thinking this is an opportunity to earn a spot next year.

You should learn how to read attributions, because there's nothing in the story attributed to anyone involved with the team that suggests he's being given a tryout.

And in my opinion, given that our other pitching prospects project similarly to him but without being as advanced as him, I'd say he's our top pitching prospect.
          --------------------
          Originally posted by Erick View Post
          These four starts should not matter in deciding whether or not he should be up here next year because...well, he shouldn't be up here next year, either way.
          NOBODY EXCEPT YOU HAS SAID THAT.
          --------------------
          Holy shit this is stupid I hate this
          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 09-04-2011, 01:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
          poop

Comment

I'd like to maybe wait and see what they do as far as picking up pitchers in the offseason before I say that they're even considering him for a starting spot next season.

Or maybe we should just shit on everything because they're giving a talented young starter some starts to try to figure stuff out at the end of a meaningless year. That's the right path to take.
            What the fuck are you arguing?

The article says that they're going to give him a chance to prove himself for next year. I'm simply saying that he shouldn't be in the plans for next year.

That does not mean that he's shitty. That does not mean that he sucks. Right now, he does. He can develop. He should develop...in the minor leagues. That. is. all. I'm. saying. Jesus Christ.

Comment

No, you said you hope he sucks.

Comment

The article says that the writer thinks he'll be given a chance to show something. It says nothing about the front office thinking this is an opportunity to earn a spot next year.

You should learn how to read attributions, because there's nothing in the story attributed to anyone involved with the team that suggests he's being given a tryout.

And in my opinion, given that our other pitching prospects project similarly to him but without being as advanced as him, I'd say he's our top pitching prospect.
                --------------------

NOBODY EXCEPT YOU HAS SAID THAT.
                --------------------
                Holy shit this is stupid I hate this
                "Hand said he was excited to prove himself and potentially secure a spot in the 2012 rotation."

Read the article, moron.

Comment

Hand didn't say that, the writer added the rotation spot comment into that. Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                    No, you said you hope he sucks.
                    Because I don't want him deceiving the front office into thinking he's worthy of a starting rotation spot next year with the big team.

When you read a post, you're supposed to read the whole thing. You're not supposed to pick the words you like so you can create an argument out of nothing.

Comment

HOPING SOMEONE TO SUCK EVER ON A TEAM YOU ROOT FOR IS FUCKING STUPID.

Comment

Yep. If Hand had actually said he was excited to potentially secure a spot in the 2012 rotation, the writer would have actually put it in quotes, rather than awkwardly attributing everything as he did. If you actually have a quote of someone saying something, that's preferable to the weird inserted quotes like he used. The writer is making his own inferences, but nothing is actually attributed to anybody, least of all, you know, people with decision making power within the organization.

I'm 100% certain Brad Hand is excited to potentially secure a spot in the 2012 rotation. It doesn't mean anybody with any power to make that happens thinks he's going to, and there's nothing in the article that says that.
                        poop

Comment

Hand didn't say that, the writer added the rotation spot comment into that. Jesus.
                          And my point is that hopefully that's not even potentially possible. I just read the article and responded to it. That's all.

Considering the organization's stupid experiments this year, I wouldn't put it past them to give a kid a rotation spot next year when he hasn't even been that good in AA.

Comment

What experiments?

Comment

CC in CF? What else?
                              poop

Comment

HOPING SOMEONE TO SUCK EVER ON A TEAM YOU ROOT FOR IS FUCKING STUPID.
                                I don't care for false hope.

I want Hand to prove that he absolutely does not belong here next year because he absolutely does not. Four starts should not change anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X