No announcement yet.

Marlins Pre-Offseason Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a legit CF & a 3B that can hit for power.. Boner I'm assuming will move to 2B with Infante being a free agent. Dominguez isn't the answer at the hot corner. But I'm sure they will try with him for awhile next yr. Same with Cogs back in CF.

Pitching is the not the issue. JJ comes back and stays healthy is essentially like adding a free agent. I will say we need a lefty starter. I don't think Hand is ready yet.

Comment

PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, PITCHING AND DEFENSE, AND SOME OFFENSE

Comment

Pitching is definitely still an issue. Starter ERA was not good and you can't assume JJ, or any one else for that matter, will go all next year without injury.

Comment

Starter era is tough when your filling JJ's spot with guys who aren't ready. Safe to say Sanabia should be back next yr too and the young arms will be a yr older we should have some depth. I'm not saying they will all go without injury. I like our rotation with JJ in it just fine.

But you have to score to win the game

Comment

I'm more concerned with the pitching than our hitting.

Comment

we need more starting pitching. this teams is not going anywhere if j.j is the only true pitcher we have aside from sanchez. after that what???? nolasco really??? then volstad???? and then a rookie 5th starter or vazquez. call me crazy but that starting rotation sucks really hard yo

Comment

The only thing on the team that doesn't need work is the bullpen. Starters are 13th in the NL in ERA, offense is 12th in the NL in runs scored.

Weighing one vs. the other is a waste of time, they're both a problem.

As for the defense, errors aren't the best measure, but they're 4th in baseball with only 75.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                  The only thing on the team that doesn't need work is the bullpen. Starters are 13th in the NL in ERA, offense is 12th in the NL in runs scored.

Weighing one vs. the other is a waste of time, they're both a problem.

As for the defense, errors aren't the best measure, but they're 4th in baseball with only 75.
                  The difference is that one can make a better case that the offense has underachieved for several reasons.

The starting pitching, on the other hand, is just not good enough.

Comment

I'm guessing this was decided at this meetings.

Jack McKeon and the Marlins have agreed that someone else will manage the team next season, SI.com's Jon Heyman reports.

McKeon, who turns 81 on Nov. 23, has piloted the Marlins to a 28-35 record since taking over for Edwin Rodriguez, and there had been rumblings that both sides were interested in making the arrangement permanent. However, with this news, Florida will now enter the market for a new manager, which could end up being Ozzie Guillen of the White Sox, who has been linked to the team for the past year.

McKeon, if he wants to, will remain with the Marlins in some capacity.

Comment

That doesn't surprise me. Jack doesn't look or sound too happy anytime you see him. I'm not surprised that he doesn't want to cone back to this mess.

Comment

I'm sure the front office decided long before this that Jack wasn't coming back

(barring a postseason run)

Comment

Glad everyone had to be flown to NYC to decide that.

Comment

I think it was probably not the only thing they talked about...
                            poop

Comment

Bobbob is probably right. They prob flew people up because they have meetings like this throughout the year (not always in a hotel) and then somebody wrote a crappy article about it and then somebody titled a thread about it

Comment

Twas a joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X