No announcement yet.

Update: LoMo Filed a Grievance Against Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This also may not have been a time that they've talked to him about anything.
    poop

Comment

• If he was really told to zip it, he'd zip it. Not go out of his way to tell LoMo to shut up.

Comment

• LoMo DNP yesterday and is not in the starting lineup today for the Zephyrs either.

Comment

• That's because he didn't leave to New Orleans until this afternoon.

Comment

• DENVER - Count political commentator Keith Olbermann among those who wonder about the Marlins' real motives for sending outfielder Logan Morrison to the minor leagues.

"If you bat a guy third at 7 then send him to the minors at 10, it ain't him,' Olbermann said in a tweet after Morrison was optioned to Class AAA New Orleans late Saturday.

Fred Wray, Morrison's agent, said Monday that the players' union intends to investigate the decision, which the team said was based on Morrison's .249 batting average.

But people close to the situation don't think the union will find any grounds for a grievance, even though Morrison was demoted just hours after he refused to attend a team-sponsored event with season-ticket holders.

On the surface, the move might look like, as Wray put it, "an extreme reaction to a minor thing.' But some Marlins players said privately that Morrison has been so outspoken that he had all but invited management to punish him.

Morrison criticized the front office two months ago for firing the hitting coach and has questioned the hustle and leadership of All-Star shortstop Hanley Ramirez. After the team scolded Morrison for his use of social media, he posted an avatar with tape across its mouth.

Some players said Morrison should have taken more seriously a comment made in May by team president David Samson, who was concerned about off-color remarks Morrison had made on Twitter.

"I've told Logan, no one will care about his tweets if they're coming from New Orleans,' Samson said at the time.

Some players said they had warned Morrison, 23, to tone down his comments and his demeanor, reminding him that he has yet to play a full major-league season.

"In five years, when you're a stud, that's when you can get away with that,' one player said. "It was a perfect time for them to do it because we're out of (the race). I'll tell you what, though: If we're close to the Braves right now, I'll bet you they don't make that move.'

With the Marlins last in the NL East and 56-64 entering Monday's game at Colorado, playoff hopes are gone. The Marlins now are looking ahead to next season, when the team will move into its new park in Little Havana.

"There is a lot that has happened this season with this ballclub, and going forward moving into a new ballpark, we want to have 25 individuals on the same page,' said special assistant Andre Dawson.

"We can't baby-sit and try to correct egos and attitudes at this point. We're trying to go in a direction because we're in a new environment now."

Dawson wonders if Morrison got complacent this season after working hard to rise through the minor leagues. He joined the club in late July last year and hit .283 in 62 games.

This season he had 17 home runs and 60 RBI. But he was batting just .200 since the All-Star break. And Dawson said Morrison's defense had suffered lately.

"You can't ever think that you can't be replaced because it's a business. It's more business-oriented now than at any time,' Dawson said. "If you have to send a wake-up call, you do it. Unfortunately for Logan this is the way he's going to have to learn.'

During the telecast of Sunday's game, Marlins TV analyst Tommy Hutton criticized Morrison's demotion. Hutton said Monday before the game that the decision could have some merit.

"I hope there are some things that LoMo learns,' Hutton said. "He's 23. He's got to learn that being a big leaguer is more than just hitting .300."
            Some players on Florida Marlins said they had warned Logan Morrison to tone down his comments

Story coming full circle now.

Comment

• I don't think it's a good thing that LoMo getting so much attention for this. Especially with most of it criticizing the Marlins rather than him.

Comment

• this is so for me

"I've told Logan, no one will care about his tweets if they're coming from New Orleans,' David Samson said at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                  this is so for me
                  Me too.

David Samson 1

LoMo 0

Comment

• I totally said that the other day not knowing Samson said that.

Comment

• SFM looking better by the day, while Twitter looks worse.
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

• SFM 1

Twitter 0

lol

Comment

• That's why this is going to be the best damn Marlins website very soon.

Comment

• It already is.
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• We need more members, especially the youtube shooter girl.
                              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• Think we got a slight spike in visitors sinc JCR replied to a comment with our website lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X