No announcement yet.

Update: LoMo Filed a Grievance Against Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aside from a spectacular year before a wrist/hand/thumb injury (I think all were reported, don't know what it ended up being) he's pretty mediocre.

In my perfect world, we trade Gaby, Logan shuts up and plays 1B.

That's probably not likely. I'm fine with moving on. He'll bring back something useful.

Comment

• It's his second year in the big leagues! He's 23.

If he can somehow combine his walk rate from last year (he's always been patient, don't know what has happened) with his power this year, you have a great hitter.

If you trade him this offseason, you're likely trading him while his value is at its lowest. The only way you trade him is if you're getting a young, MLB-ready pitcher in return and that's probably not likely.

Comment

• When age is your strongest argument, you're going to be left disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
          When age is your strongest argument, you're going to be left disappointed.
          Except it's not my strongest argument.

He's always been a patient hitter aside from these last couple of months (maybe something he can work on in the minors).

His power is up this year (.215 .ISO).

He can hit.

As a matter of fact, despite the down year, he has the third best .OPS on the team this year. The only two who have been more productive are Stanton and Gaby (barely).

The fact that he's doing all of that at the age of 23 is a good sign.

Age matters when evaluating players/making trades. You can't ignore upside.

Comment

• I don't agree with calling him mediocre.

Comment

• As much as I think he's a moron, if he were putting up the .280/.380/.490 line he's capable of, I wouldn't really care what he was saying. I would say it's stupid to say he's mediocre, because he's certainly capable of being a very good hitter.
              poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                Aside from a spectacular year before a wrist/hand/thumb injury (I think all were reported, don't know what it ended up being) he's pretty mediocre.
                I mean, that wasn't even his best year.

Comment

• I didn't really give a crap about what he usually said prior to yesterday. It's how he acted on the demotion that was super unprofessional of him and pissed me off. The stuff he did prior to that may have annoyed some people but it endeared him to far more. So now when this happens most come to his defense blindly without really analyzing the situation. Everyone here seems to understand it but now the common perception of the Marlins being this crazy organization that people wonder why the hell would someone want to play here gets even stronger. The Marlins didn't handle this in the best manner either but they have their reasons for doing it. None of this would have blown up like it has if Logan has just shut his mouth or dealt with it privately and didn't make the comments that he did.

Comment

• certainly trading him is a bad idea. for all those who want him traded, who exactly replaces him? because of all the promotions the last couple years the cupboard is pretty bare and u don't sell low on a 2nd yr player with this much upside who has been productive despite his "terrible" average

Comment

• Did anyone catch the audio of LoMo's comments that they played before the game started? I had assumed that he would have been yelling but he sounded more like he was fighting back tears.

Beinfest said the organization had "good, solid reasons to demote him" and that LoMo needs to "work on all aspects of being a major league ballplayer". No direct quotes. That's from what Frank just reported from a meeting Beinfest had with the media.

Comment

• not against trading LoMo... but don't sell low

Comment

• Logan Morrison plans to consult the player’s union to see if he has any grounds for a grievance against the Marlins for optioning him late Saturday to Class AAA New Orleans.

“We are going to, with absolute certainty, explore this and contact the union and make sure Logan’s rights are protected,’’ said Fred Wray, Morrison’s agent.

“It doesn’t seem like everything adds up here.’’

At the same time the Marlins announced Morrison’s demotion, they released veteran infielder Wes Helms, who was batting .191.

But Helms’ departure comes after he advised Morrison not to attend a team-related function before Saturday’s game.

Morrison had already attended an autograph signing earlier Saturday, an event that lasted longer than planned. When he arrived at Sun Life Stadium, he found out the team was expected to attend a meet-and-greet with season ticket holders.

That’s when Morrison balked, still angry at the way the Florida Marlins Community Foundation handled a planned charity bowling tournament that was canceled because of a lack of interest.

He consulted with Helms, the team’s union rep, who advised him he didn’t have to attend the meet-and-greet. Helms did attend that event.

The Marlins say their moves with Morrison and Helms were related solely to their performances on the field.

“I’m not going to get into any specific incidents,” said Larry Beinfest, the Marlins’ president of baseball operations.

“I’m sure Logan has his view of things and the organization has their own view of things.”

Beinfest said Morrison “just needs to concentrate on baseball and all aspects of being a major leaguer” to get called up.

Morrison was batting .249. His 17 homers were second on the team and his 60 RBI third.
                          After offering advice to Logan Morrison, Wes Helms gets released by Florida Marlins

Comment

• Unreal.

Comment

• The plot thickens

What an insufferable cunt

At least Volsad took it like a man

Comment

• Trade him to the Royals and be done with it.
                                There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Working...
                                X