No announcement yet.

Bullpen Masterful As Marlins Take Series in Atlanta, 6-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full extension in the same way Mainge gets full extension if he falls out of his chair.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      Seen the catch 5 more times. It's seriously a catch every major league CFer in baseball should make. Should we give more credit to Coghlan because he's played the position for a few innings? Absolutely. Hell, we have two guys on the bench that make that catch too.

If you want to see we're lucky, it's that the ball wasn't launched into the seats. We weren't lucky that Coghlan caught that ball though. He should have been sent down if he didn't make that catch.
      Proof?

Comment

If CC's catch was full extension, Ron Swoboda's catch temporarily dismembered him.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
          Why because your eyes told you that? Perhaps your eyes are deceiving you?

Considering Jim Edmonds was a very good CF'er throughout his career, bringing him in this thread is dumb.

And no one's really going to win this argument, anyway, so I'll just stop. Tell me when you have actual proof that he really didn't have to dive for that ball. And the actual proof can't be "OMGZ MY EYES TOLD ME."

Please. He dove on a hard hit ball with the bases loaded and made the catch. That's all we know. It's not as if he didn't have to run to get to that ball before diving, either.

I guess you won't be satisfied with a CF'er, unless we get Michael Bourn.
          Nobody's criticizing CC as a CFer, really. Calm down. Fuck.

People are saying that calling that an "amazing play" or sayin it was a "full extension dive" is overexagerating what he did.

It was a good play, a play he needs to make to be a CFer. He made it. It was awesome in the context of the game. But that doesn't make the play itself any better.
          poop

Comment

Why because your eyes told you that? Perhaps your eyes are deceiving you?

Considering Jim Edmonds was a very good CF'er throughout his career, bringing him in this thread is dumb.

And no one's really going to win this argument, anyway, so I'll just stop. Tell me when you have actual proof that he really didn't have to dive for that ball. And the actual proof can't be "OMGZ MY EYES TOLD ME."

Please. He dove on a hard hit ball with the bases loaded and made the catch. That's all we know. It's not as if he didn't have to run to get to that ball before diving, either.

I guess you won't be satisfied with a CF'er, unless we get Michael Bourn.
            You really are trying to question the fact that a lot of people would consider Edmonds one of those dramatic fielders that makes players look more difficult than they really are? He was an outstanding outfielder but you have to be out of your mind to think he didn't have a knack for diving when it wasn't needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
              You're ridiculous.

Pulled that catch out of his ass.

If we lost, I'm not bitching about the bullpen.

Maybe that's because I don't bitch as much as others, but while the bullpen is going to be much better this year, it will still blow games. I won't bitch about how they suck anytime that happens, because that's not what it will mean.
              Maybe not you, but others would've turned the masterful comments into: "OMG, our bullpen blows again!"

Without the catch, the Braves take the lead, the last 3 innings don't happen the way they did, and we flat out lose because Venters and Kimbrel are nearly untouchable in the backend of the Braves bullpen.

It turned the game around, completely.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                It's more about Chris Coghlan turning into a pretty god damn good centerfielder rather overnight
                --------------------

I have never said we would win 95. Keep being you. However, since the great Delgado sell off when we were destined to lose 110 like Swift said, I've consistently maintained this is a 78-85 win ball club and it's not the end of the fucking world. I've been wrong twice. 2007 they were under, 2009 because they were over. I fucking suck
                Weren't you the guy saying we would be a pennant contender for years to come because we had such a clusterfuck of arms in the minors that all of them couldn't fail?

That is what Beef is referencing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                  Seen the catch 5 more times. It's seriously a catch every major league CFer in baseball should make. Should we give more credit to Coghlan because he's played the position for a few innings? Absolutely. Hell, we have two guys on the bench that make that catch too.

If you want to see we're lucky, it's that the ball wasn't launched into the seats. We weren't lucky that Coghlan caught that ball though. He should have been sent down if he didn't make that catch.
                  This x100.

It was nothing magical.

Comment

Maybe not you, but others would've turned the masterful comments into: "OMG, our bullpen blows again!"

Without the catch, the Braves take the lead, the last 3 innings don't happen the way they did, and we flat out lose because Venters and Kimbrel are nearly untouchable in the backend of the Braves bullpen.

It turned the game around, completely.
                    The middle paragraph is right.

Comment

Proof?
                      Well Coghlan is a nice player. He's not the quickest out there, doesn't get the best of jumps and certainly doesn't know how to read the ball off the bat like a guy that has played CF for years does. So therefore, it's a play every CFer out there should make. You can tell by watching it that Coghlan does not need to dive for the ball. There is not anything close to full extension and in fact he almost overruns the ball. It's almost like he slid to slow down a little.

Comment

This is full extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                          Nobody's criticizing CC as a CFer, really. Calm down. Fuck.

People are saying that calling that an "amazing play" or sayin it was a "full extension dive" is overexagerating what he did.

It was a good play, a play he needs to make to be a CFer. He made it. It was awesome in the context of the game. But that doesn't make the play itself any better.
                          I never said it was a full extension dive, for what it's worth.

And people are criticizing him, saying that it's a play that any decent CF'er makes. Some people are saying it's a play any decent CF'er makes...standing up.

There's no proof for that. None. Simple as that, really.

If you're going to tell me that those are the opinions of your eyes, I'm going to disagree. I've seen Cody Ross dive for balls like that in the past. He was good out there.

People are just saying this crap because it's the cool thing to say. "He's new at the position, there are really no stats to look at yet regarding his defense, so that must mean that every diving play he makes is a play any average outfielder catches on his feet."

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                            It wasn't a full extension dive. It wasn't a rather amazing play. It was a big play. A good one at a big time.

You, yourself, said the Coghlan play was "rather amazing."
                            Asshole

Comment

I don't think anyone is saying anything because it's cool to say it. What kind of retard argument is that?

Comment

That's his proof.

Comment

Working...
                                X