Bullpen Masterful As Marlins Take Series in Atlanta, 6-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Bullpen Masterful As Marlins Take Series in Atlanta, 6-5

We got hits that resulted in the runners on base crossing the plate!

Nolasco started off terrible but then did pretty well at settling down except for that one guy being a tremendous douche.
    Last edited by Chewford; 04-14-2011, 09:30 PM.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Good thing we missed Halladay and Lee for the next series.

Last two games:
      Halladay 9 IP 2 ER 9 K 6 H 2 BB
      Lee 9 IP 0 ER 12 K 3 H 1 BB

Comment

Nice start to the road trip. This bullpen is damn good. I have more confidence in the middle guys though. Leo got hit hard in the 9th.

Big test for the backend of the rotation of this weekend. Tomorrow is huge for Vasquez. If he doesn't hit 90 on a consistent basis I'm going to start tugging on my collar more.

Comment

I think we can get to Oswalt too.

Comment

I want to see Stanton hit one farther than the one he had against Oswalt last year.

Comment

Fun game tonight. Coghlan is the shit.

Comment

Bullpen masterful? I kind of remember Choate giving up a hit to a lefty, Sanches walking the bases loaded, and then Chris Coghlan deciding he's had enough and saving the game with that epic catch. Let's not forget before Dunn, Clay, and Leo.

We got pretty lucky. Coghlan has exceeded all of my expectations already.

Comment

Agreed, please change thread title to "Helms and Cousins masterful off the bench as ..."

Comment

Randy Choate will give up hits to LHB. He will just give up less of them than most other pitchers would. That he gave up one hit is kind of nit picky to criticize.

The bullpen did 4 IP, 4 BR, 3 Ks. That's pretty god danged good. Maybe not masterly, but pretty god danged good.
                    poop

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                      Bullpen masterful? I kind of remember Choate giving up a hit to a lefty, Sanches walking the bases loaded, and then Chris Coghlan deciding he's had enough and saving the game with that epic catch. Let's not forget before Dunn, Clay, and Leo.

We got pretty lucky. Coghlan has exceeded all of my expectations already.
                      I remember them not allowing a run.

Comment

Of course they overall pitched well because of the later three, but given the situation, that catch was the play of the game. He bailed them out hard. That's at minimum a bases clearing triple if not an inside the park if it gets under him, and how many times have we watched this team not recover from a blow like that. Everyones bitching at Choate and Sanches if Coghlan doesn't make that catch. Chris Coghlan is the man.

Comment

That's baseball?

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                            I remember them not allowing a run.
                            I remember Chris Coghlan preventing 3-4 in one play on a full extension dive. This just shocks me everyone wants to suck the bullpens dick when they were 1 rather amazing play from giving up 3+.

Comment

If he turns that into an inside-the-park homerun then I'm bitching at Coghlan.

But yeah, anytime Choate doesn't give up a .0000000000000 avg to lefties, we should riot.

It wasn't a full extension dive. It wasn't a rather amazing play. It was a big play. A good one at a big time.

Comment

Working...
                              X