No announcement yet.

Left-handed Pitching a Priority to Acquire This Offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're right handed, with the exception of Dan Jennings, who's a reliever.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
      I don't expect Miller to be here next year. I'm also not sure on Tank since he's arbitration eligible - though, since he might still has an option left and they only have to pay 50% of his contract when he's in the minors, they could still keep him.
      I think they will keep him on the split if they think there is any chance he can still pitch. Tanks arb would be pointless, like $550,000 with the amount of crap time he has pitched. His split contract would be like $200 grand. Which is what, three times what he would get in AAA? Low risk investment in case he finds his shit. Regardless, that's really a non issue either way.

I wonder what Houston takes for Wandy. FA after 2011 and they need middle infield (coghlan) and young pitching (james, hand, sanabia, ceda, etc) like crazy. If the Marlins could resign Wandy and Uggla, I think Coghlan and James/Hand gets their attention really fast to make that happen. And how does that hurt us?

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
        I think they will keep him on the split if they think there is any chance he can still pitch. Tanks arb would be pointless, like $550,000 with the amount of crap time he has pitched. His split contract would be like $200 grand. Which is what, three times what he would get in AAA? Low risk investment in case he finds his shit. Regardless, that's really a non issue either way.

I wonder what Houston takes for Wandy. FA after 2011 and they need middle infield (coghlan) and young pitching (james, hand, sanabia, ceda, etc) like crazy. If the Marlins could resign Wandy and Uggla, I think Coghlan and James/Hand gets their attention really fast to make that happen. And how does that hurt us?
        We'd have Boni starting at third.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
          We'd have Boni starting at third.
          Donnie Murphy could start third until Dominguez is ready. Boni would still be super utility guy which is great

Comment

[QUOTE=flamarlin21;108248]We'd have Boni starting at third.[/]

And 200 innings from Wandy, hypothetically speaking. Big win. These guys can hit. We need arms.

Comment

Even keeping miller/tank, they'd still be in "shit BP arm" list for me so meh

Comment

I hear Renyel Pinto is available.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                  Even keeping miller/tank, they'd still be in "shit BP arm" list for me so meh
                  Absolutely. You just keep them and hope for a bonus.

I kind of like the idea of West and Jennings being the lefties out of the pen for the next 5 years, and the team just goes out and acquires a lefty SP. In two years, Hand and James are coming up so we could "live" without West starting. It isn't THAT bad, but a veteran lefty is key. I'm sure they realize this, with all the Uggla for Jon Sanchez talk before the season, and I'm sure they are going to look and target someone else like that now with some assortment of players or FA dollars, like Jorge De La Rosa who would be awesome to grab on the relatively cheap.

Comment

God Cantu/J. Sanchez a couple years ago...

I mean, it was the giants who declined and all, but still.

Also since Hand'll be in AA we could see him sometime next year if he's supreme

Comment

Someone mentioned Jennings, just a reminder, even though it won't be a big deal to the Marlins, DJ will miss the first ten games of the season. That shouldn't matter in calling him up in June or so though.
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I fully expect them to try and bring CJ Nitowski out of retirement.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Well that's a nice addition to the thread

Comment

that's a fully man!

Comment

Nitkowski
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Nowitzki

Comment

Working...
                                X