Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not Adrian

Comment

Why not? Younger and likely cheaper and likely just as good over the next 5 years. Then again he's still gonna gonna get close to 20 mill so none of them are will be here.
      Last edited by Ralph; 09-30-2010, 02:07 PM.
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
        re: trade value. Obviously the most important thing going into trade value is the overall perception of the player.

I think Cogs is viewed as a 2B, Logan a 1B. Cogs reasonably projectable numbers be it old school (avg, hr, RBI - and remember there are still talent evaluators out there that subscribe to this) or new school play favorably at second, and much more favorably than Logan's do at first. Logan looks like .400-.425 is his slugging ceiling meaning he'll have to OBP like crazy to have the .850 OPS you hope to get from 1B.

The next step is production. Not that I necessarily buy into it, but that ROY buys him a pass this season as a "sophomore slump." The perception at the start of the season was that he was 'unlucky.' Logan doesn't have a full season under his belt yet. Stupid, but teams care about that.

Lastly you have the intangibles. Coghlan has the former first round pick (supplemental) and big college pedigree while LoMo is a late round pick out of JuCo. Again, stupid but teams care about that. The other intangible is speed. Coghlan has the perception of being a scrappy speedy top of the order guy (even if he doesn't run a lot) and Logan is just a guy who hits second.

Again, I'm not saying Logan is inferior to Coghlan. I just think it's possible/probable teams value CC more than Logan based on Logan's lack of power at a "power" position.
        --------------------
        Also, as a post script, I don't think injury factors here. Coghlan's meniscus issue is preferrable to an ACL or MCL or labrum issue. In terms of athletic injury, a meniscus is pretty much dodging a bullet.

Plus, Logan had that wrist injury that has basically completely eroded the power he showed in '08.
        Disagree

Comment

Morrison wasnt drafted out of a JUCO. He was drafted out of high school and played a season at a JUCO(the same as Pujols IIRC) as a draft and follow.
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
          X