X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
    /Twitter
    --------------------
    And I would rather hold onto Uggla then sell him low because Loria is pissed at him. Act in the best interest of the club and not based on emotions.
    Loria's not shopping him because he's pissed; he's shopping him because Uggla wants more money than he's worth. Giving Uggla more than 4/$48 isn't in the best interest of this club.

Comment

• I have confirmed that the #Nats have interest in #Marlins 2B Dan Uggla. The #Marlins want a pitcher and catcher in return. I'll have more on #MLB.com and #nationals.com
      http://www.twitlonger.com/show/705tsg
      --------------------
      Derek Norris would be pretty dam sexy.
      Last edited by Ralph; 11-15-2010, 05:32 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• i'd take norris or ramos and a pitcher for sure
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I'm pretty sure they want a Major League ready catcher.

Wonder if they're looking for a starter or reliever + a catcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
            http://www.twitlonger.com/show/705tsg
            --------------------
            Derek Norris would be pretty dam sexy.
            That would be way too sexy for Uggla.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Big Z View Post
            I'm pretty sure they want a Major League ready catcher.

Wonder if they're looking for a starter or reliever + a catcher.
            You accept as soon as they offer Norris. Kid's gonna be a baller.
            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 11-15-2010, 05:44 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
            poop

Comment

• Drew Storen please?

Comment

• they can keep him.
                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
                  A couple of "decent" guys? Seriously? I'd actually rather overpay for him if that's the case.
                  So let's say it's this

uggla and two top 50 picks next year that take 3-5 years to develop and holes in 2011 we will not fill with names not scott cousins, Bryan petersen, and Dustin Richardson

Or

Two b+/b prospects who play in 2011, a c+ prospect, money to spend on another sp to slot in right now, a loogy, a lefty off the bench, and probably 1-2 stopgaps for c, cf, or 3b

It's literally that. And yea I'm embellishing, but the point stands. Even getting "good solid guys" and not 1 premier A+ star talent, makes a ton of sense. This team is good, were not rebuilding so if Uggla wont sign that $48, let's go in another direction. It's arguably a much better "team" even if 1 guy can't replace Uggla straight up

Comment

• That's assuming that we would spend all that money on those players, Lou. Since this is Loria we're talking about, I have a hard time believing that that would happen.

You also have to look at this from a PR perspective. We just traded away the two "prize" prospects from the Cabrera deal so all of that is fresh in everyone's mind. Add to that the Cody thing that's still fresh in people's minds and it looks like just another salary dump. If we weren't looking to move into the new stadium soon, it could be one of those things that the Marlins do and no one would think too much about it. With the new stadium coming and Uggla coming off of his best year in his career, to dump him for some okay guys and extra spending money could be disastrous. You can't just look at this in a vacuum.

I know you guys are in the whole mindset of "well, he turned down more money than he should have so fuck him" but, trust me, there are a lot of fans that this would not go over well with.

Comment

• Except from every indication they have said they will spend the money on other parts of the team. Every report has said that.
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                      there are a lot of fans that this would not go over well with.
                      And as soon as those fans start coming to games, we should worry about what they think.
                      Last edited by Bobbob1313; 11-15-2010, 06:37 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      poop

Comment

• Yeah, it's not like extra "night-out-on-the-town" spending money

Comment

• The marlins are not motivate by PR, they have shown this time and time again.
                          Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                          Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                          Tom Koehler(4-0)
                          AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

• And this is certainly an occasion where PR won't be a problem
                            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                            - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              Except from every indication they have said they will spend the money on other parts of the team. Every report has said that.
                              --------------------

And as soon as those fans start coming to games, we should worry about what they think.
                              And you believe them? When have they ever gone out and paid to get good talent? And, if you're only talking about spending $12 million dollars out 3-4 players, you're not talking about getting top talent anyway.

And the fans not coming to the games is EXACTLY my point. You expect them to show up to the new stadium after they pull the same shit that they've pulled with every good player we've ever had (not named Hanley or JJ)? They're supposed to be building interest in the team to get fans into the new ballpark. Trading away one if the most recognizable names on the team is not going to do that. The die hard fans will come no matter what. They need to convert to get the casual fans.

Comment

• You should not build a team based on the whims of the lowest common denominator. That is how you do not win baseball games, like the Cubs and Mets, and winning baseball games is the only way to fill the stadium.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X