Profitgate: Marlins Issue Official Statement Regarding Leaked Financials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
    respect what, the balls of saying something so stupid?
    David Samson wants to win for David Samson. He doesn't want to win for you or for me. The same way Hanley Ramirez wants to win for Hanley Ramirez. I do not see what is disturbing about that.

Comment

Beef, You don't own a baseball team. You can't say that.

Festa, It bothers me that a franchise who has such issues getting fans and people to the games that the owners say basically screw you. If attendance sucks much worse, Samson doesnt make money. I expect that from the players.
      --------------------
      Originally posted by Goodfella
      I want to win for me, not you....but, hey, buy our tickets.
      This too.
      Last edited by FishFanInPA; 08-29-2010, 10:23 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Uh, do you really think owners/GMs do these things for fans?

He isn't saying screw you. He is saying I am going to win because it makes me happy and if you want to be a part of it come to the games.
        --------------------
        Originally posted by Goodfella
        I want to win for me, not you....but, hey, buy our tickets.
        What exactly is wrong with this?
        Last edited by Party; 08-29-2010, 10:25 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

He's saying screw you when the money's there to sign a FA or make a trade and he decides to keep it for himself. How is that wanting to win?
          --------------------
          If I owned a Walmart and said, "I'm keeping prices where I want because I want them there. I don't care about the customers," guess what...no one comes to my store because I sound like an ass.
          Last edited by FishFanInPA; 08-29-2010, 10:28 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

He said he wants to win. ! ohmygosh

Comment

He's saying screw you when the money's there to sign a FA or make a trade and he decides to keep it for himself. How is that wanting to win?
              --------------------
              If I owned a Walmart and said, "I'm keeping prices where I want because I want them there. I don't care about the customers," guess what...no one comes to my store because I sound like an ass.
              This is nothing close to what he's saying

Comment

No it's not that part Beef that's bothersome. It's the not for the fans part.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
                  He said he wants to win. ! ohmygosh
                  The horror!

Comment

Beef, You don't own a baseball team. You can't say that.
                    So because I am not the owner of the Marlins, you prefer that I don't lie, but it is not ok for him not to lie. Baseball owners need to be in things for other people and put others over themselves. David Samson needs to want to win to make me happy and if some happiness follows for himself, so be it.

You really expect a lot out of people in a way that I know you would not expect from yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                      No it's not that part Beef that's bothersome. It's the not for the fans part.
                      I don't care if he says he only wants to win for people born without bellybuttons... A win is a win is a win

Comment

--------------------
                        1) Have you not been paying attention and forming your own opinions rather than what some idiot sportswriter who didn't take a basic accounting class in college tells you what to think?

2) As long as they are low people will still shop there. Wal-Mart is infamous for shitty customer service but people still shop there because it is in their own best interests.

Comment

--------------------
                          IF YOUR PRICES ARE LOWE THAN EVERYONE ELSES BECAUSE YOU WANT THEM THERE, THE SAME SCUMMY PEOPLE WILL GO BECAUSE THEY DONT CARE WHY THE PRICES ARE LOWER, THEY JUST CARE THAT THE PRICES ARE LOWER

Comment

• weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

--------------------
                              This seriously makes no fucking sense whatsofuckingever.

A more relatable quote would be me owning a Walmart and saying "I have low prices, but I dont make the prices low for the customers. I make them low because low prices make me happy.
                              --------------------
                              And guess what? Everyone, including dipshit fips, is gonna come buy shit from my store.
                              Last edited by Mainge; 08-29-2010, 10:45 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I know I'm a little late but yeah, I really respect that he said that. I don't really care for the bullshit of "we do this for the fans" because let's be honest. Most baseball team owners want to win because it lines their pockets with money, and because they're competitive people who like to win. He's just admitting that and like Festa said, basically saying, I'm going to win, if you want to be a part of it come experience it.

He's also trying to say that anyone who thinks they're doing things to cut money that will hurt the team is mistaken, because he wants to win, not just make money.

I like it.
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X