X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would prefer him out of the game no matter what

Comment

Recently Aquired Pitcher on the DL nothing new for us

Poveda was actually a nice pitcher last year-just not sure about the TJ Sugery

Comment

honestly TJ is so common nowadays I just prefer a pitcher to get it out of their system early. Actually didn't realize Poveda was so young, it's not a terrible return.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I'm seriously shocked we got even one of the prospects, let alone both.

Comment

Ceda, Marinez, Sanabia, Jennings, RVH, and Reed as young arms competing for bullpen spots next year. If even two of those guys make it behind Leo, Hensley, and Sanches and what's hopefully a legitimate veteran arm added in the offseason, the bullpen doesn't look like it's in bad shape for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
              honestly TJ is so common nowadays I just prefer a pitcher to get it out of their system early. Actually didn't realize Poveda was so young, it's not a terrible return.
              Ya 9/27/87 is his bday and had a 11-5 4.14 ERA last year in AA. I just don't like getting guys who are injured but we do a good job with those types of guys. See JJ

Comment

holy fuck I hate Cantu

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Ya 9/27/87 is his bday and had a 11-5 4.14 ERA last year in AA. I just don't like getting guys who are injured but we do a good job with those types of guys. See JJ
                  we do have a pretty good track record but even without that, TJ is so routine that recovery isn't even a "what if" anymore.
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Hopefully the Rangers don't see that error Cantu just made, and take back the offer.

Comment

Meh, Poveda's ERA isn't bad but his strikeout numbers aren't promising. 78 K's in 130 innings. He doesn't miss enough bats at AA.

Now, if he wasn't missing bats because he was injured, that's different. And that may be the case, because his strikeout numbers in A ball were pretty good.

Comment

As long as he doesnt need multiple TJs like Spooneybarger.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

Joel Sherman Joelsherman1

Though Cantu is still on field, he is being traded to #Rangers, #Marlins paying $600,000 of $2.1M left on his contract
                          surprising, guess that's why we didn't get a better return

Comment

When did he have Tommy John? Is he close to returning or is he going to be out the rest of the year?

Comment

The return isnt so bad considering its Jorge Cantu. Cantu is awesome in MLB 2K9 btw.
                              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

WHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Suck on that, Aaron Boone

Comment

Working...
                                X