Hanley Ramirez 2010: Starting All-Star SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome.

I love that the fallout from stuff like this comes as no surprise to everyone but Wes Helms and Fredi Gonzalez.

Comment

yikes hanley

Comment

atleast the Marlins are making headlines and being talked about around the league, amirite?

Comment

Who the hell does the think he is? I mean, seriously?

I have never disliked a player on my own team as much as I dislike Hanley Ramirez. Do I like his game? Of course, but I cannot STAND him as a person.

Grow the fuck up.

Comment

It's amazing that the crusty old guard of baseball hates players like Hanley.

I really really hope we alienate him and run him out of town. It'd be so awesome. Give me a team of Wes Helms and I'll love my "professional" 4th place finish.

Comment

Fitting Hnaley's nickname was El Nino.

Comment

Also, Clark Spencer tweets:

#Marlins mgr fredi gonzalez says hanley won't return to lineup until he "works out issues"/apologize to teammates

Comment

I think he probably needs to be benched until he apologizes to the team or until Fredi thinks he "gets it"

If Hanley really think he was busting it to get to that ball, he's the most delusional guy on the planet
                  --------------------
                  ha, right on cue.... good timing, swift
                  --------------------
                  joecapMARLINS H2R not in lineup. No date for return. Fredi: He needs to talk to his 'mates. If he sets his ego aside, I think it will be good. #Marlins
                  yuh
                  Last edited by Ramp; 05-18-2010, 10:48 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Any guesses as to who the player who said Hanley should apologize was? My money is on either Helms or Uggla.

Comment

It was Helms, one of the beat guys tweeted it.

Comment

joecapMARLINS Fredi on Hanley: Needs to apologize. "If not it could be a distraction, it could grow into some ugly stuff. '' #Marlins
                        just more stuff

Comment

I am 100% in Hanley's corner:

"We got a lot of people dogging it after ground balls. They don't apologize,"
                          This is exactly what I said last night. You let this shit go on way too much and then decide to take a heavy hand here. The players know what's going on (well, except Helms, he has his head up Fredi's ass) and under Fredi we've never held anyone accountable, especially not Hanley. We lead the league in smiles after bad at bats and baserunning missteps.

This is utterly stupid. Can't believe it unfolds 100% like I said it would and somehow it's a building distraction. This whole team's management is so detached from reality it's amazing.
                          --------------------
                          I can't wait till we justify dumping him for being a curmudgeon the same way we justified dumping Miggy for being fat.

Man, the new Cameron Maybin and Andrew Millers are going to be AWESOME.
                          Last edited by Swifty; 05-18-2010, 10:59 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Can you cite some examples of players dogging it after balls? This team might make some errors, but it's not for a lack of trying or hustle.

And yea, people get picked off the bases but it's not from being lazy.

What Hanley did yesterday was absolutely inexcusable. The fact that some nobody like Brian Barden would have busted his fucking ass after that ball with a sprained ankle makes this even worse. Hanley kicked the ball and loafed after it. That's absolutely embarrassing and should not be tolerated.

Comment

Comment

Hermida spent his entire year doing it. Gaby did on opening day in NYC when the ball(s) got past him.

I mean, it's not like I keep a record of it every game, but the only guy that goes 100% on every play is Cody.

Comment

Working...
                                X