X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll take Buster Posey.

Comment

yeah if that's what he wants definitely it's time for him to go

kinda wish he'd have put up his .250-260 average as I think the high BA is a mirage. Would love to have him but not at that price. The power is worth a lot, especially on a team that will have Gaby, Morrison and Coghlan at corner positions and who knows what in center. But it's not worth that much.
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

He may budge but what I don't want to see is a bunch of random 2nd and 3rd basemen trying out for the position in spring training next year. I want a legit place holder at one of the two to be signed so dominguez isnt rushed up next year.

Comment

Yes. This is gonna pose the big question. Does Cogs to to third as planned or move him to second? Who will be the stop-gate for Mr. Dominguez?
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

He'll take 4 years $50 million I bet.
            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Money's about right, 11-14 mil is fair for Dan (look, we let him get to year 6, we're stupid, but it is what it is, he's 4/$60 as a FA no question). It's the 5 years I want no part of.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the 4th year, let alone the 5th. I wouldn't be opposed to some kind of vesting options for the 4th and 5th year, or if it had to happen, a mutual option for the 4th year so long as there's no 5th year on the table...but yeah. 5 years is far too much.

Comment

Dan Uggla told Jim Bowden on Fox Sports Radio today that negotiations for a contract extension with the Marlins are moving "really slow." Bowden suggests (via Twitter) that Uggla is unsure at the moment whether he and the team will be able to reach an agreement.

Last we heard, the Marlins and Uggla were far apart on both years and money. The 30-year-old is seeking a five-year deal worth close to $60MM, while the Fish were reportedly willing to offer about $30MM over three years. Based on Uggla's comments, it appears the two sides have made little headway toward a compromise.

Even if an extension can't be worked out, Uggla remains under team control next year, his final arbitration-eligible season. The Marlins avoided going to arbitration last winter, signing their second baseman to a $7.8MM contract for 2010. The 30-year-old has responded with perhaps the best year of his career (.284/.368/.515) and will certainly be in line for another raise this offseason.
                  http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/0...medium=twitter
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

Who cares if things are moving slow currently. The season isn't over yet.

Comment

Can the Florida Marlins' Dan Uggla maintain his incredible statistical consistency? To start his career, Uggla has had four straight seasons hitting between 27 and 32 home runs with between 88 and 92 RBI. In MLB history, the only other player to have consecutive seasons in between those totals was Eddie Mathews, who did it for two straight. With 29 HR and 87 RBI, Uggla is essentially already where he normally finishes.
                      http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/category/_/name/mlb-2

Comment

What a silly statistical anecdote

Comment

the only other player to have consecutive seasons in between those totals
                          Really? Does that honestly mean tell anything of a players value?

Comment

Working...
                          X