X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Uggla 2010: Internal Talks Underway to Keep Uggla for 2012

Because knowing his name is not enough.

Is he trade bait if we keep struggling?

Is he the long term 2B now that Coghlan kind of sucks and Bonifacio really sucks?

Sucking might be a positive in the eyes of this FO.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jUBbCgMWmE[/ame]

Comment

Or he'll "stick it in you"

Comment

his age still scares me

If we do something, I'd prefer something like a 2 year deal (Buying out his final year of arbitration and one year of FA) with a team option that vests with something like 130 games played (So if he sucks, we bench him and don't have to pay it) could be cool. But Uggla could say "fuck you", walk in a year, and get a lot better of a contract than that.

At the every least though he's someone we need to let walk if we're serious about contending next year

Comment

I'd rather give him an extension over any of the other already in arbitration players.

Unless he's demanding 5 years, you've got to lock him up.

Comment

like I've said in the past I would be wary of anything more than 3 years. Players of his ilk don't age well and the big plus with him is that he's a 2B. I'd prefer 2 years but there's no way he'd take a 2 year deal so I'd be willing to give him 3 at the right price. No more, though.
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

have to imagine he'd go for a three year deal, and that's a good length for the marlins. i wouldn't give him 4 and he probably wouldn't (and shouldn't) bite on 2.

Comment

I'd go 4, probably have to if you want stadium friendly $ distribution.

Comment

it'd need to be like 3 years 30-35 mil, considering he is making 7mil this year and that likely will shoot up again next year with arbitration? I could see them keeping Uggla, especially if they plan on getting rid of Cantu and Ross... that should free up the money to keep Uggla around.

I think they probably will just get him on another one year deal though and then most likely let him walk. They have 2 other guys who they probably think can plug into 2nd with Coghlan and Boner (lol).

Comment

I think I'm the only one who doesn't want Uggla signed long term.
                      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

because you're smoking the crazy crazy

Comment

Naw, I just think if he keeps up what he's doing (.280 ish) we could get something really good either at the deadline (if we're out of it) or during the off-season.

Comment

but he's one of the best 2b bats in baseball

why wouldn't you want that in your lineup everyday for the next 3-4 years instead of OMGPROSPECTSSSSSSSSS

Comment

I guess I just want Cogs at second and get a left field prospect in return, or a pitcher.

Comment

Working...
                              X