Cameron Maybin 2010: He Gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's some thoughts from MLBTradeRumors:

Despite John Mozeliak's insistence that Colby Rasmus will not be traded, multiple teams could make a push for the outfielder this winter, according to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. In a chat with fans, Strauss indicated that the Braves, Blue Jays, and Diamondbacks are among the teams interested in prying Rasmus away from the Cardinals.

A report earlier this season suggested that a rift between Rasmus and manager Tony La Russa led to the 24-year-old requesting a trade. With La Russa mulling a return to St. Louis for 2011, rival teams are presumably hoping the Cardinals will reconsider their stance on keeping Rasmus. Even if they don't intend to move their former first-round pick, the Cards "will have ample opportunity to turn down trade offers on Rasmus in upcoming weeks and months," according to Strauss.

A month ago, when MLBTR's Ben Nicholson-Smith looked at possible trade partners for the Cardinals and Rasmus, his list included the Braves and Jays, among other clubs.

Comment

• Well, Tony is back in the St. Loo, so this could get interesting.
      There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

• He's a Father!

Comment

• Wrong thread, sorry.
          Last edited by Miamarlin21; 11-13-2010, 07:54 PM.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Ok, so disregarding what we got back in Webb and Mujica, did we give up on Kill Cam too soon? I know he was a headache for us because of his inconsistencies and all, but he's putting together a nice little season for the Padres. Thoughts?
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Does it matter? Nobody likes an Indian giver.
              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Mujica and Webb are our two best relievers (in my opinion at least) along with Mike Dunn prior to getting abused.

You make that trade.

The mulligan is Miller. I think we'd want a guy who'd still at least be on the roster.

Comment

• FM21, you can't disregard Webb and Mujica in a discussion about Maybin

With that said, Maybin got way too much shit on this board considering his (possible) potential

Comment

• I don't miss him

Comment

• Me neither
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                        Mujica and Webb are our two best relievers (in my opinion at least) along with Mike Dunn prior to getting abused.

You make that trade.

The mulligan is Miller. I think we'd want a guy who'd still at least be on the roster.
                        Webb is definitely not our second best reliever.

And I do think that we gave up on Maybin a bit too fast. I have said that before, although I always liked the two relievers we got in return. But, all things considered, that was a good trade for the Padres.

I do not miss Andrew Miller because he sucks. He sucked with the Marlins. He sucked with the Marlins...in the minor leagues. And he still sucks with the Red Sox, despite his current record. Sooner or later, the Red Sox will realize he's trash and he'll be back in the minors. Probably as soon as he starts facing some legit teams. So far, he's only faced one (which just so happened to be a terrible start, resulting in his only loss).

Comment

• I know the legit team you're talking about is not the Orioles, but he definitely faced them last week and gave up 7 runs in 2.2 innings, a game in which he lost. Who is the legit team that he lost to?
                          *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

• Originally posted by Moss View Post
                            I know the legit team you're talking about is not the Orioles, but he definitely faced them last week and gave up 7 runs in 2.2 innings, a game in which he lost. Who is the legit team that he lost to?
                            That game was against the Rays, not the Orioles.

The Rays are the only good team he's faced.

Comment

• Ah, you are correct. My mistake. To think, I was watching, and I still forgot what team it was.
                              *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                                Ok, so disregarding what we got back in Webb and Mujica, did we give up on Kill Cam too soon? I know he was a headache for us because of his inconsistencies and all, but he's putting together a nice little season for the Padres. Thoughts?
                                a 24 year old that was killing the minors and plays plus defense and is a plus on the base paths

and a position of weakness

we have the third worst war from cf. we have 68 wrc+, 1.6 UZR (cameron and wise have been able to make up for coghlan), and -1.1 on base paths.

Maybin has a 121 wRC+, 4.4 uzr, and 1.8 on base paths. 3.0 war already

he probably isnt this good offensively, but even if he is the low 700 ops bat he was with us hes still very valuable.

Comment

Working...
                                X