Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think you will find too many enamored with getting a closer.

Also, never say never, or ever I guess

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
      Nick Johnson is a 31 year old, 1 year rental who wont push us to the playoffs. And why is everyone here so enamored with getting a closer?? A team shouldnt ever trade prospects for a closer no matter how good they are.
      I really think you're underestimating the impact Johnson would have on this offense. This team has a shot at the playoffs as is; add a bat like Johnson's, and those chances increase. A .400+ OBP bat in front of Hanley would simply be gold.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
        You know what would make a great day...we get Pavano as well and move Hermida to Cinny for Rhodes/Gomes.

/pipedream
        I'll say it:

Jeremy Hermida has more value to the Marlins if he stays on the roster. His trade value is low but his potential value to us between now and September is greater.

That and there isn't a viable replacement on the club.

/still hoping for a post 2007 ASB run

Comment

Yeah, Hermida shouldn't be dealt for crap. Trade Uggla for crap.
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

If that is that case, I'd say that Hermida falls into the same bag with Uggla. I think Hermida is more expendable in that perhaps some would think Maybin is the upgrade that replaces Hermida. I suppose Bonifacio would replace Uggla but I just imagine Uggla has absolutely 0 value to every team in baseball besides us.

Comment

Nick Johnson is a 31 year old, 1 year rental who wont push us to the playoffs.
              Moving Bonifacio out of the everyday lineup improves this team dramatically. We would only be giving up a (future) bullpen arm in Tucker, and would have a spot for Logan come next year.

I see all + here.

It's a deal that does not mortgage the future while still adding a ton of value, IMO.

Comment

Nick Johnson is a 31 year old, 1 year rental who wont push us to the playoffs. And why is everyone here so enamored with getting a closer?? A team shouldnt ever trade prospects for a closer no matter how good they are.
                I'm not a huge Nick Johnson fan but that .400 OBP in front of Hanley would be awesome. As would (finally) getting Bonifacio out of the lineup.

Edit: I hope Washington takes Ryan Tucker and not Aaron Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                  I'm not a huge Nick Johnson fan but that .400 OBP in front of Hanley would be awesome. As would (finally) getting Bonifacio out of the lineup.

Edit: I hope Washington takes Ryan Tucker and not Aaron Thompson
                  Keep hearing Tucker and a prospect

Comment

#mlbtrades Hearing the Nationals may be reluctant to move Nick Johnson for Ryan Tucker.
                    Via Joe Frisaro's twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Keep hearing Tucker and a prospect
                      man, Tucker and Thompson perhaps?

Comment

Give them a Chris Seddon as a throw-in
                        God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                        - Daft

Comment

Frisaro is finally right,they want more than Tucker and we want them to pay more of his contract

Also Colorado is still after him

Comment

Washington prob just doesnt want to deal with us because we have low salary and still win games and they dont want to get hosed again (willingham 4 bonifacio)

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Frisaro is finally right,they want more than Tucker and we want them to pay more of his contract

Also Colorado is still after him
                              How much is left on his contract? Are we seriously that cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
                                Washington prob just doesnt want to deal with us because we have low salary and still win games and they dont want to get hosed again (willingham 4 bonifacio)

Comment

Working...
                                X