This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
    Meh, go for broke on Heath Bell and Adrian Gonzalez, adn then deal off spare parts for Pavano, or don't go at all.

Johnson helps, and he's a cool guy for hte rest of the year, but acquiring him alone isn't getting this team to the playoffs.
    to me this is the annoynace of the trade deadline. Why wait until july 31st to aquire? Getting nick johnson on june 30th makes us better for a month longer

i mean I know it's a two way street but likewise why does a shitty team hold onto them

Comment

i don't disagree with that. getting another month or two out of johnson makes him much more valuable to this team (obviously)

but if he's just comgin aboard for august/september, he, b y himself, isn't the difference maker. other moves have to be made in conjunction with acquiring johnson. and since he doesn't help in 2010 or beyond, getting him at thsi point may not really be worth it if he's the only acquisition.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
        to me this is the annoynace of the trade deadline. Why wait until july 31st to aquire? Getting nick johnson on june 30th makes us better for a month longer

i mean I know it's a two way street but likewise why does a shitty team hold onto them
        you wait because you don't know if you're gonna be in it. what if jj gets injured on july 1? what if we don't get hot and are still 6 games out of the WC?
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
          you wait because you don't know if you're gonna be in it. what if jj gets injured on july 1? what if we don't get hot and are still 6 games out of the WC?
          you could use the same arguement for why make a trade at all

what if all that stuff happens in august? Should a team not trade in july then?

trading june 30th puts a team in so much better position than trading july 31st
          --------------------
          I mean hell, the entire reason the brewers made the playoffs last year was they got CC on july 7th
          Last edited by nny; 07-30-2009, 06:26 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

So to recap today so far, we were this close to getting Halladay and then AdGonz was boarding an airbus on his way to MIA and now we might get Nicky J as a rental.

Comment

hi, welcome to the trade deadline

Comment

Yeah, I'm in. Anything that gets Bonidoucher out of the fucking lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingebag View Post
                  Yeah, I'm in. Anything that gets Bonidoucher out of the fucking lineup.
                  I don't think it gets him out of the lineup. I mean, it should, but I doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    I don't think it gets him out of the lineup. I mean, it should, but I doubt it
                    It would have to. Where would he play?

Comment

LF? 2B? 3B?

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWillingham View Post
                        LF? 2B? 3B?
                        Coghlan
                        Uggla
                        Cantu

You really think he's going to play in place of any one of those guys? I understand the FO has an unhealthy attachment to Boni, but they're not that dumb.

Comment

CC would be benched.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                            CC would be benched.
                            I'd smack someone.

Comment

Who knows what happens. Perhaps Coghlan or Uggla is gone. Perhaps they choose to platoon Johnson and Cantu (certainly wouldnt make sense) so they can keep their guy at third. Just sayin, who knows

Comment

Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                                Coghlan
                                Uggla
                                Cantu

You really think he's going to play in place of any one of those guys? I understand the FO has an unhealthy attachment to Boni, but they're not that dumb.
                                lololol

Comment

Working...
                                X